New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Would you be one?

Would you agree with it? Curious lang ako...

Napansin ko lang kasi na parang sa mga pinoy napaka-common nito or normal ng ganitong case. I'm really amazed

I left my father's house even before I graduated after I landed a job. The only time I went back for temporary shelter was a few years after graduation and I had a "jobless" three month period. Pero after I got a job, I immediately left the comfort of our house and lived on my own. I never approved kasi na maging pasanin pa ng magulang ko when I was already a graduate and earning my own money.

Life was not that easy though (budgeting a small salary for rent, food, pang gimmick) at the start but it way better than some of my friends na sheltered pa rin even after they got married.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    pwede ka naman magbigay for food, electric bills, o kung gusto mo lahat na. what i mean is, hindi naman kailngan mag-sarili. kahit naman siguro parents mo gugustuhin na kasama ka

i don't get your point. what's the big deal living with parents. close family ties nga ang pinoy di ba. and i think it's the best way. hindi gaya sa US culture na ipapasok na lang sa home for the aged (im not saying ganun ka ah) pero ganun kasi majority of them na sa part ng parents, syempre masakit

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I get the TS' point siguro gusto nya ng maranasan yung hirap ng buhay hehe pero assuming one is single, fresh grad pero with work at hindi pa established sa buhay, e I don't see anything wrong with living with your parents provided na nagco-contribute ka sa bayarin ng household or sa pag-aaral ng younger siblings kung meron man. Ang masama lang is kung sinasarili mo sweldo mo, syempre if you know you can contribute sa mga gastusin e di gawin mo.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I've been working for almost 8 years now and I still live with my parents. I'll only leave home when I get married and that's what my parents want as well.

I don't agree to leaving home the soonest you could afford to. You could always help your parents with the expenses if money is the issue. I think we should spend as much time as we could with our parents while still single, because once you have a family your focus will be on your spouse and chidren na.

Ang pangit lang siguro yung may asawa na pero naka asa pa rin sa magulang pati para sa gastos ng mga anak nila. May mga kilala din ako na ganyan. Parents na nga nag provide ng bahay pero parents pa rin nagbabayad ng utilities

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I've been working for almost 8 years now and I still live with my parents. I'll only leave home when I get married and that's what my parents want as well.

I don't agree to leaving home the soonest you could afford to. You could always help your parents with the expenses if money is the issue. I think we should spend as much time as we could with our parents while still single, because once you have a family your focus will be on your spouse and chidren na.

Ang pangit lang siguro yung may asawa na pero naka asa pa rin sa magulang pati para sa gastos ng mga anak nila. May mga kilala din ako na ganyan. Parents na nga nag provide ng bahay pero parents pa rin nagbabayad ng utilities
    i still live in my parents' house, after almost 12 years marriage and kids. why? because they'd be all alone if we were to leave. and they're not exactly in the best of health.
    but i do pay for the utilities, amillar, medicines and food, day-to-day expenses, etc.
    besides, i know for a fact, just how much my parents would like to see us often..
    so... if you think you're imposing, then leave the soonest you can afford it. otherwise, stay and make yourself useful. you have no idea how much they like to see you... lucky for me it's a big house, and they like my wife..
    but can i afford to leave? well, i can buy a house tomorrow if i want to.
    actually, it's relatively easy now to live independently.. rent a condo, furnished if possible.. 20K siguro ang monthly expenses, buhay ka na.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 2nd, 2013 at 02:47 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Failure to launch? Sounds like a movie!

After college, i set out on my own. My parents just supported me monthly until i got my first job! From then until now it was ok naman. At least i got to stand on my own two feet, and prove to myself that i can do it.

Takes a lot of blood, sweat, and tears though.
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; February 2nd, 2013 at 03:33 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Mas ok siguro if you contribute to the general wealth of the whole family. I mean, why start from scratch, when you can generally have more wealth generating opportunities living with your parents.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    huwag ka lang maging pabigat sa parents mo, no problem...
    -obey your parent's house rules
    -share sa pagbayad ng bills
    Last edited by taraki17a; February 2nd, 2013 at 03:57 AM. Reason: add

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    5 years na kong graduate and I work sa family business namin. Still, dito pa rin ako sa parents ko nakatira. Yun kinikita namin ng tatay ko sa business ang panggastos namin dito sa bahay at may kanya kanya kaming salaries bukod doon. Siguro man kung mag-aasawa ako eh baka dito na rin kami tumira kasi only child lang naman ako at may kalakihan naman din itong bahay.

Tsaka ito ang dapat mong isipin. Never kang naging pasanin ng parents mo sa case mo dahil nagawa mong magkaroon ng sarili mong work. What you need to do eh mag-abot ka man lang ng konting pera na panggastos, say sagutin mo yun utility bills or ikaw ang sumagot ng groceries ninyo. Kasi sabi mo, maliit lang salary mo. Tsaka you need to enjoy your time with your parents as long as possible dahil pag dumating ang time na may family ka na, gaya nga ng sabi ng isang tsikoteer, eh mababaling na attention mo.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I lived with my parents until i got married. It was sort of a family rule then although I wanted to go on my own earlier, they discourage me saying paying rent is just a waste of money. I paid my share though when i was staying.

I don't think in general that you fly the coup early here in the Philippines.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast