New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ang naririnig ko before is kerosene naman. Officemate ko sabi haluan daw ng blaze yung diesel. :twak:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    malamang sisirain ang makina non. gumagamit ako ng 2t pero isuzu ang sasakyan ko. i read it somewhere that 2t is not recommended for crdi engines. dahil ang purpose ng 2t is lubrication ng injection pumps.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    malamang sisirain ang makina non. gumagamit ako ng 2t pero isuzu ang sasakyan ko. i read it somewhere that 2t is not recommended for crdi engines. dahil ang purpose ng 2t is lubrication ng injection pumps.
    Depends on the type and year model of the CRDi system.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Ang naririnig ko before is kerosene naman.

I do that, honestly! If I want to clean (de-soot) my pre-combustion chambers and get rid of the gunk along the fuel lines, or when I'm too lazy to do a purge. My tank is 65 liters, so I top up to about 60 and make the last 5 kerosene. I really do not know on what the exact ratio is (cold weather fuel, etc. etc.)

After I consume all the diesel, I then replace the fuel filters, and load up on plain diesel. We do that procedure on our trucks too.

BTT:

Mixing gasoline and diesel is just plain crazy!
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; October 2nd, 2013 at 11:08 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Diesel+kerosene lan din alam ko. Way back early 90s nun nagbabantay pako sa gas station ng family friend, eto nakikita ko.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Pero hindi ba kerosene is a by product of diesel? And it has lower lubricity compared to diesel?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Pero hindi ba kerosene is a by product of diesel? And it has lower lubricity compared to diesel?

I don't know. And yes, I think ...

I just mix it to diesel occasionally, just before replacing the fuel filters. I admit that it somehow makes the motor run more "matining". But, I would'nt advise using it on a routine basis.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Naalala ko pala, jet fuel is a high grade kerosene...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_fuel

any thoughts?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    IMHO.. wrong concept...it will cause pre ignition due to high compression of diesel engine...ang resulta papalyar ang makina...

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Okay lang kerosene. Diesel engines can run on kerosene if needed but it is not recommended. And yes you can mix kerosene and diesel.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What's the reason for adding gasoline when refueling with diesel?