New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 14myXUV View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS. Happy and Safe driving.
    Doc will help me post the Dyno results and will comment on it (Thanks Doc). Suggest that you do the engine tuning at Berrima so you will greatly notice the difference. Before I seldom use my Crosswind and prefer to use my FM. Now is different, I like the new sound of the engine and its pulling power.

For those Crosswind owners who wants to increase its power, I suggest to do this same route of mod (engine tune + Devilsown) and you will be very happy with the results. Go to Berrima Diesel!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nelany View Post
    Doc will help me post the Dyno results and will comment on it (Thanks Doc). Suggest that you do the engine tuning at Berrima so you will greatly notice the difference. Before I seldom use my Crosswind and prefer to use my FM. Now is different, I like the new sound of the engine and its pulling power.

For those Crosswind owners who wants to increase its power, I suggest to do this same route of mod (engine tune + Devilsown) and you will be very happy with the results. Go to Berrima Diesel!

Everyone should be impressed with there tunning for a old school diesel, Your vehicle was definitely out of tune.

But here is your breakdown of gains. max gain was around 9hp and got 34lbs of TQ (torque matter more) This is a rolling road dyno so it gives you a better ideal what the vehicle really makes in driving conditions in 4th gear. Max power numbers are not as important.

50kph
    54hp vs 62hp

60kph

60hp vs 67hp

70kph

59hp vs 69hp

80kph

59hp vs 68hp

85kph

59hp vs 69hp

90kph

59hp vs 69hp

95kph

55hp vs 67hp

97kph

55hp vs 68hp

100kph

56hp vs 62hp

And you got a nice bump in Torque, But the power curve says it all plus you picked up 34lbs of Tq and that's a big improvement.

But your dyno proves what I have known about the Crosswinds for years, they do not have consistent state of tune of the line at the factory, some are slower than a turtle some drive decent. There is no quality control with these in production as far as injection pump settings from the factory, I could not imagine how slow it must have been before the tune. And with the alcohol injection it's like having a new engine with the gains.

The state of tune they got your vehicle is basically what it should be out of the factory. Just know this a factory rating is measured at the crackshaft not at the wheels, So you can take the factory hp and take 18% to 22% away from that and that will be the wheel horsepower and that's what a dyno measures.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nelany View Post

here is your breakdown of gains.

50kph
    54hp vs 62hp

60kph

60hp vs 67hp

70kph

59hp vs 69hp

80kph

59hp vs 68hp

85kph

59hp vs 69hp

90kph

59hp vs 69hp

95kph

55hp vs 67hp

97kph

55hp vs 68hp

100kph

56hp vs 62hp

And you got a nice bump in Torque, But the power curve says it all plus you picked up 34lbs of Tq and that's a big improvement.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    dvldoc, will installing a WAI kit on a non turbo diesel motor be beneficial? i am planning to install this on our 4d56 NA engine.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    On a low hp engine like the 4D56 no turbo you will not gain much 2% or 5% more power. The power you get will be from burning all your fuel and raising the cetane value of your fuel. The pressure switch and the DVC-30 controller will also not work on a N/A vehicle.

A proper activation switch is kinda hard on a older diesel because it makes no vacuum to use a vacuum switch and makes no boost for a boost switch and has no sensors to get a 5v reference source from. You would have to use a micro-switch.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    On a low hp engine like the 4D56 no turbo you will not gain much 2% or 5% more power. The power you get will be from burning all your fuel and raising the cetane value of your fuel. The pressure switch and the DVC-30 controller will also not work on a N/A vehicle.

A proper activation switch is kinda hard on a older diesel because it makes no vacuum to use a vacuum switch and makes no boost for a boost switch and has no sensors to get a 5v reference source from. You would have to use a micro-switch.

ah. i was planning to install them on our 4d56 powered delivery vans. this is to prevent them from smoking and hopefully gain a few more horses. since those vans are the targets of the anti-smoke belching units of different cities.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Well it would solve the smoke issue for sure, The thing you would have to work out is how to activate the system that is adjustable. Like I said kinda hard on that engine.

I have another option for you that you can PM me about and I'll give you a parts list, and how to set it up.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ok got it. then will probably work on my 4m40 first.

you got PM re:4d56

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Well it would solve the smoke issue for sure, The thing you would have to work out is how to activate the system that is adjustable. Like I said kinda hard on that engine.

I have another option for you that you can PM me about and I'll give you a parts list, and how to set it up.
    the current 4D56 used in the adventure is equipped with EGR. I noticed they have place a TPS on the accelerator.. my question is, can i replace the EGR with WAI? my plan is to block the EGR and install a WAI and use the EGR system to trigger the WAI, is that possible?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    nelany, how do they actually tune a diesel engine? i called berrima and Nilo told me that it will cost 10k daw. im intrigued

Water/Alcohol injection Turbo Diesel use