New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Does anyone know where to buy extra bung for the nozzle?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Finally, I was able to replace the top cover of the pump. However, leaks are present at the sending end of the pump as well as on one side of the pump, between the top cover and the pump body. Screws are already tight but the leak is not eliminated. Is it advisable that I apply a thin coating of silicone RTV on the bottom part of the pump cover to avoid leaks?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Boss, why dont you have your pump warrantied?

Or buy a new pump from berrima?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenThing View Post
    Boss, why dont you have your pump warrantied?

Or buy a new pump from berrima?
    I already informed Berrima of my problem before. They said they will email Devilsown and ask on what to do on my pump. Actually, I am asking them to replace the whole motor since it's only 2 weeks old. However, I ended up buying a new top pump cover and was able to replace it last night since they haven't giving me a feedback to my problem yet.

I hope Doc can see this. The system has been idle for almost a month already.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Update on my problem

I removed the top pump cover again to check if there's a crack that causes the leak. Fortunately, none present. So most probably is that the screws were under tightened. So I re-seat again the cover and make it sure that the screws are very tight. Also, I cut again the sending hose. Tested it again and no leaks are present.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Up ko lang itong thread nato.. driving under the influenced of alcohol..

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I'm a newbie in this forum and happily stumbled to this thread. I took the opportunity to read this thread from Page 1 to 49 last Holy week and I learned a lot. Thanks to everyone who have shared their valuable insights and experiences.

Currently, I'm driving a Ford Everest 2005 4x2 and quite happy with it for the last 9 years. I have upgraded the stock FMIC to a bigger one (came from an Evo VIII donor) if I'm not mistaken. Installed a boost gauge to monitor my boost which is at .75 Bar (10.87 PSI) on max boost. 2nd upgrade was the replacement of stock air filter to a KNN drop in filter. My soon 3rd upgrade is to install a Pyrometer or EGT gauge to monitor my exhaust gas at Pre-Turbo. Since this gauges are hard to find in the Philippines, I might as well source it in the US including a boost gauge that is on PSI. I will be in Vegas and SanFo this 1st and 2nd week of May. Shop suggestions on these areas are very much welcome.

Because of this thread, I'm now contemplating on WAI stage 2. I plan to have a stainless tank fabricated that can hold 30 liters of WA. It can be bolted at the rear under chassis of my SUV. I have listed below the challenges in this project I hope to hear other tsikoters for their valuable suggestion/s.

1) I would like to install an analog fuel gauge in my WAI tank to monitor my juice and I would like to ask if I could use the Devil's own float and connect it to my gauge?

2) If I cannot use the Devil's own tank float, can I use a surplus fuel tank float mechanism, which came from a gas tank? Will the Water - Methanol be compatible with it?

3) On the EGT gauge installation, I heard it was pretty challenging to install as we need to ensure that the probe won't break as not to affect the Turbo. I plan to install it Pre-turbo to have an accurate read and I plan to bring it to Berrima. Just would like to ask if anyone has done it with Berrima for the installation? An EGT gauge brand and an installation shop in Manila suggestions are highly appreciated.

Looking forward to the responses of fellow tsikoters and special thanks to DVLDOC for sharing lots of valuable information.

Regards,

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sorry double post.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi Carlo,

Yung float switch ng devil's own ay "on" or "off" lang at hindi sya progressive or gradual. Sa akin, naka connect ang float switch sa L.E.D. bulb. Once, nag on and bulb ay alam ko na paubos na ang water/alcohol na nasa tangke.

HTH.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Hi Carlo,

Yung float switch ng devil's own ay "on" or "off" lang at hindi sya progressive or gradual. Sa akin, naka connect ang float switch sa L.E.D. bulb. Once, nag on and bulb ay alam ko na paubos na ang water/alcohol na nasa tangke.

HTH.
    Thanks Sir for the advice.

Water/Alcohol injection Turbo Diesel use