New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    guys,

what do you think? what are the pros and cons of changing to performance filters? is it true na you have to change oil more often when using performance filters dahil mas madali daw makapasok yun dirty air?

I'm planning kse to install simota on my ride. thx!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    got this from the simota homepage. ito ata yung mga pros.

Increased Performance
    Simota Filters allow a higher velocity airflow. Better airflow means better breathing.
    Better breathing allows your engine to develop
    ... MORE POWER
    ... MORE TORQUE

Low Restriction
    Multi layer design traps dust whilst still allowing air to pass through.

Washable, Reusable Cotton Filter
    All Simota filters feature fully washable, reusable high quality cotton filters. The pleated design of Simota filters provides a greater surface area for filtration.

Economical
    Less expensive in the long run because they are designed for years of use and reuse.
    cons are kelangan very religious ka sa cleaning nito kasi pwedeng marestrict yung flow of air pag madumi na causing loss of power and babagal ang hatak ng kotse.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    nod at ssaloon...

i'm using simota myself for more than half a year na. pag naka 3 washings na, i plan to try k&n naman.

definitely better than your stock air box

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    approximately how many hp's gained thru this mod? talaga bang ramdam sya even on 1.3l engines?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas sulit yung HP gains mo if you couple your aftermarket air intake with after market pipings and exhaust systems e.g. performance headers, larger diameter exhaust pipes and a freeflow muffler.

a good 8-10 hp gain siguro yan. although you wouldn't know the exact figure unless you have your car dynoed.

may thread dito dati comparing the dyno figures of a car with simota vs k&n filters eh.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung simota ko, hinigop ng turbo! Dati cone shaped siya, ngayon biglang naging korteng twirly cone!

Im back to stock config, but am looking for a good hi flow drop in replacement. Kasi halatang humina accelleration ko.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    from my experience:

- better throttle response
    - redlines easily from mid range
    - improved fuel consumption by around .5km/L

that is in tandem with a free flow muffler and a fuel pressure regulator though.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sold my simota cone filter a few months back...im now back sa stock config...nakakabitin hatak..hehe..bibili ulit ako ng simota tom..hehe
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by caloyski5
    sold my simota cone filter a few months back...im now back sa stock config...nakakabitin hatak..hehe..bibili ulit ako ng simota tom..hehe
    oist! ako yata nakabili nun ha! d ko pa nagagamit caloyski!!! buy back mo na lang sa akin!!! hehehe...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there were some discussions about this months ago... i think kung drop-in filter lang yung pinag-uusapan, you won't be seeing much gain in power (if any). the greatest advantage would be the fact that the filter can be reused for years

you'll get bigger gains of a few hp if you change to a cone-type filter or something

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
stock air filter vs. simota or K&N