New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Ive got a mazda 2 1.3 liter m/t. For such a small engine, will there be a significant increase in power if upgrades of intake, exhaust and chip replacement are done?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    yes there will be..but not that significant..since you can only do so much on a 1.3 mill ..bumped a few horses maybe.....well theres also gonna be a significant change on your wallet IMHO :D

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    if you are able to squeeze 20% more power with all the possible mods then that would be very significant. but as sir boybawang mentioned, you should have a deep pocket ready to dig...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfox20 View Post
    Ive got a mazda 2 1.3 liter m/t. For such a small engine, will there be a significant increase in power if upgrades of intake, exhaust and chip replacement are done?

Significant? No.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The car as it is, is already fun to drive. Make sure you are able to max out its limits first before you upgrade.

Bring it to the twisties of Tanay. I'm sure the power that your car has is already enough for you to enjoy the drive.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    It's not the power you will be making that is significant, it will be the sharper response, finer tune and better engine management that will be the significant bump.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There's a very successful 1.3 liter Mazda2 racecar using Speedlab parts.

The only issue, if I recall, is they guy busted an intake manifold due to an issue with the nitrous valve. (yeah, running nitrous). The car is still not a rocket in a straight line, but the handling of the chassis makes it incredible in the corners.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    The main reason i bought the 2 is the fun to drive aspect. Dami nga kumontra eh pero true love eh hehe.
    Thank you for confirming my thoughts that it would be too expensive to get only a little added power.
    I did read that article about the winner m2 racecar thats why i was inspired to upgrade stuff.
    Bakit kasi walang 1.5 liter na hatch na manual eh? But in any case im happy

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Intake exhaust and chip will be enough for the 1.3 to almost match 1.5s. I'd say from 85 hp to about 100 hp.

To match the big boys (Ecoboost, Accent Diesel), you need a turbo.

But by the time you get a decent turbo kit, you've spent enough to buy up. Heck, the CRDi starts at just 728k.

Not to say that upgrading is pointless. I think a chip and header combo, plus 15" wheels and decent tires are about all you need to have a little more fun with your car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    check also tuning shops that offers remapping the ECU. maybe they can squeeze some or more power without even modifying your intake, exhaust and adding chip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
"Speedlabing" a mere 1.3l engine