New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hi! Need to have my ecu scanned. Any shops out there that offer a scanning service? How much? Contact details? Is a 98 camry obd compliant? Hope you can help me out. Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrider88 View Post
    Hi! Need to have my ecu scanned. Any shops out there that offer a scanning service? How much? Contact details? Is a 98 camry obd compliant? Hope you can help me out. Thank you.

oceanrider88,
    on board diaagnostics I came after 1984 up to 1995, from then on, u.s. congress enacted another law for a uniform scan tool connector, uniform diagnostic trouble code description and more stringent protocols. however, if your toyota technician is familiar with his product, he still can access dtc's through the toyota diagnostic link connector (DLC) or the engine compartment check connector and extract the DTC's. from there, he can test specific component the DTC pointed out. come on, the scan tool is just a tool. the best diagnostic help is still the trained and experienced technician, not the one hiding behind his complex gadgets or his certficates. a true carpenter can still build a house without the laser levels or compound miter saw or power tools.
    jick
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; November 7th, 2009 at 05:21 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrider88 View Post
    SPEEDLAB has one. http://www.speedlab.com.ph

Shops with OBD scanner?