New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 35 of 390 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi Doc,

Contacted W&L for Fleetguard and they only had the oil filter (LF3313) but said that they never, ever had the fuel filter (FF5159). Bummer. Then I contacted Volmax for Baldwin and they had both oil (B2) and fuel (BF7535) in stock! This being the case, I guess it's best to go one stop shop and just get the Baldwins (the filters, not the "actors")? I checked out the filters in their website and their appearance looked about right compared to the factory filters.

So using the Baldwin filters, I can still follow your recommended change intervals for oil and fuel filter while running mineral oil, yes?

It's surprising to see that these filters with superior filtration are so much cheaper than their factory equivalents.

I was back reading this thread yet again and I found something. edtf spent P940.00 for his Baldwin B2 oil filter from Volmax and yet when I called a few minutes ago, they were going for P215.00! I was starting to doubt it but when compared to Fleetguard (LF3313) from W&L which costs P225.00, it's not really far off so I reckon that prices have gone down?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCharger View Post
    I was back reading this thread yet again and I found something. edtf spent P940.00 for his Baldwin B2 oil filter from Volmax and yet when I called a few minutes ago, they were going for P215.00! I was starting to doubt it but when compared to Fleetguard (LF3313) from W&L which costs P225.00, it's not really far off so I reckon that prices have gone down?
    Might be because the ones you got are old inventory, and the retailer got them for cheap way back. Some of the ones I got were made in 2007. Could also be fakes.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hi Doc,

Contacted W&L for Fleetguard and they only had the oil filter (LF3313) but said that they never, ever had the fuel filter (FF5159). Bummer. Then I contacted Volmax for Baldwin and they had both oil (B2) and fuel (BF7535) in stock! This being the case, I guess it's best to go one stop shop and just get the Baldwins (the filters, not the "actors")? I checked out the filters in their website and their appearance looked about right compared to the factory filters.

So using the Baldwin filters, I can still follow your recommended change intervals for oil and fuel filter while running mineral oil, yes?

It's surprising to see that these filters with superior filtration are so much cheaper than their factory equivalents.

HEY HEY HEY HEY!!!! what!! B2 is now 215!! I think they made a mistake - that is DAMN cheap!!! Those are really good filters. Those can be used on Toyotas, Rovers and I believe some tractors Better double check because I just got a filter (I can't remember the model right now) and it was 900+ too - I'm sure the B2 isn't far off. Did you talk to Jun (not sure if that is his name - the tall guy - he is a pretty helpful guy) He still remembered me even if I stopped buying from them for almost a year.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Thanks, this is the onesI have bought and it will arrive soon. Will change my filter once it arrives. P560 for it. Hope to see significant reduction in oil particles flowing in the engine. Ace hardware.
    Ry,ok din kayang gaimitin ang purolator sa 4jx1? susubukan ko nga rin yung purolator oil filter classic at saka yung fuel filter... kakabili ko lang kanina sa ace hardware yung fuel filter 470.... sa labas naman ako bumili ng oil filter L45722r primary is 280 lang at yung secondary is 120.. wala kasing stock sa acehardware mag order pa... mas mahal ng kunti sa ace....

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by edtf View Post
    yup same guy..... I hope that is a good thing

Absolutely! your a Certified Rover nut! haha!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hahahaha!!!! That I have to admit. My old disco was the reason why I got to find all these filters. I used baldwin B2 oil filter, Baldwin PA-1667-FN - air filter, Baldwin BF587-D - fuel filter. It was way cheaper than those bought from the usual Rover stores and was of industrial quality

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by edtf View Post
    HEY HEY HEY HEY!!!! what!! B2 is now 215!! I think they made a mistake - that is DAMN cheap!!! Those are really good filters. Those can be used on Toyotas, Rovers and I believe some tractors Better double check because I just got a filter (I can't remember the model right now) and it was 900+ too - I'm sure the B2 isn't far off. Did you talk to Jun (not sure if that is his name - the tall guy - he is a pretty helpful guy) He still remembered me even if I stopped buying from them for almost a year.
    I just phoned them for now as I absolutely hate going to the Binondo area and that's what they told me. Like I said, based on the Fleetguard price, it wasn't far off so I reckoned it was accurate but then I re-read your post so...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I just phoned them for now as I absolutely hate going to the Binondo area and that's what they told me. Like I said, based on the Fleetguard price, it wasn't far off so I reckoned it was accurate but then I re-read your post so...
    Hmmm.... time to visit again

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^pakyawin mo na sir kung binagsak talaga yung price....

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Gising pa din pala si Boss BG ah.

Pero puwede na rin yung pang-4d56 sa 4m40 diba. So ok na rin. If not Purolator next na mura at ok. medy pricey baldwin pero same performance with fleetguard naman eh.

Marami namang nag po-post ng sagot kaya kurker na lang ako... hehehe

available ba sa volmax yung BD28 or BD7028?

Remote bypass oil filtration