New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 316 of 390 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 3897
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post

Just sharing, this is what I installed last week during an oil change. I opt to use this instead of BT223 since there was ample space anyway. Fort gas.
    Matched it with Mobil 1 0W-40 European formula.

SIR is this the original Made in the USA oil Filters?

How much sir?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Yes the those are real, but the ones they had at Pacer were really old stock. You would need to inspect the filter for rust and make sure nothing is rattling around inside. I believe that is one of the filters I sold though.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Anyone selling a BD28 & BF7534? Kindly PM the price. Thanks.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    SIR is this the original Made in the USA oil Filters?

Yes, as you can see on the pic, it is clearly labelled "Made in USA"

Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    How much sir?
    550 * pacer.

Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Yes the those are real, but the ones they had at Pacer were really old stock. You would need to inspect the filter for rust and make sure nothing is rattling around inside. I believe that is one of the filters I sold though.
    The one in the pic? Its actually from Pacer.

BTW, Is there a way to decipher the production date of the filter based on the jullian? markings ?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    You can use this. Julian Date Converter

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Anyone running this here? I decided to go ahead and get this for my Elgrand for a few reasons, one being the Elgrands filter is hard to find being 1" 12unf thread and second I have tons of space after removing the stock airbox.

People have been doing these as Do it Yourself jobs for years on diesels Amsoil is now selling them (way overprice) IMO.

I am using this kit with a Fleetguad bypass filter with sythetic media and Fleetguard full flow filter. Which will equal the Amsiol.

About bypass filtration.

• What is add-on bypass oil filtration?
    It is a secondary filtration unit with the purpose of super-cleaning engine oil. It has high
    contaminant-holding capacity and filters out the smallest particles to include sludge and
    soot in special cases. It also reduces engine wear and may increase oil volume.
    • Where is bypass filtration used today?
    Bypass filtration is standard on all Cummins automotive heavy-duty and larger turbo diesel engines
    and on Mack Applications. It has been used as options and/or standard on Caterpillar, Detroit.

Reason for doing this on a diesel.

• Removes small particles and soot
    • Extends engine life
    • Increases oil capacity
    • Extends oil change interval
    • Reduces engine wear
    Most going with this system using the higher end filters are going on average of 50000 klm between oil chanes with using engine oil testing as there go by of how well the system is working.

By-pass lube filters are designed to capture and hold small abrasive particles that pass through the full-flow filter. Though microscopic in size, these particles are a major contributor to faster wear of internal engine parts.
    Any type of by-pass filter of reasonable quality will effect some reduction in engine wear rates compared to that obtained with full-flow elements alone. The more efficient the by-pass filter is in reducing the total contamination level of the lubricating oil, the more effective it will be in reducing wear rates.

Extensive testing has shown that quality element type by-pass filters in combination with full-flow filters can extend engine wear life two to three times. Further testing with the centrifugal type cleaner has shown an additional reduction in wear of 54%. It is believed that the superior performance of the centrifuge results not only from its ability to remove abrasive particles down to 1 micrometer and below but also to the extraction of carbon soot agglomerates to a far greater degree than is possible with element type filters.

A lot of post on hear always asking about the best oil but if your still using a low quality filter like VIC, and other no name Japan or China made filters then what's the point of getting good oil if it's dirty. Many OEM filters are also junk like Toyota it's what's on the inside not the outside of a filter that matters.

Basic set up but you can also mount it under hood which many do. I know many TD42's have dual filters and Pajeros 4D56 and 4M40's have a combo filter with 2 elements so basically a stacked bypass filter.

The whole oil filter quality thing has not really been covered well on the forum. So I figured it's about time.
    locally available po ba ito?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    You can find some of the filters but you will not find the same adapters easy. The duals are super hard to find. This place has the single filter kit you can ask them what thread sizes they have. You really only need one filter. http://www.facebook.com/M1modifiedcarparts

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    ah i see, i thought with this kit installed will ensure that my oil temp is always low ;-)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    any info if Pacer is still selling orig Fleetguard oil filters?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Medyo OT:
    Doc, pwede po ba sa gas engine for at least 7k OCI using Baldwin yung Petron RevX All Terrain 5W40 FS oil? Medyo worried lang baka mataas ZDDP nya, for diesel engines kasi nakalagay.

Remote bypass oil filtration