New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 390 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyXIII View Post
    Wala akong pakialam kung puti, itim, or kahit na berde pa sya. Basag ka nang basag nung mga sinasabi nya, pero ala ka namang maipakitang technical proof na tama mga hirit mo. Kaya sabi kong basura mga reply mo.At least my comparison ka na.Yung Honda TMX 155 na ginagamit na pamasada,meron bang magandang oil filter yun?Wala, pero tumatagal naman bago masira.Napakaliit pa ng displacement compara sa bigat ng kaha ng traysikel.Eto pa,yung hand tractor na ginagamit ng mga magsasaka kagaya ng mitsubishi,kubota etc.. ay wala ding magandang oil filter kahit diesel engine pa mga yun.Bibilang ka ng maraming taon bago masira ang mga yun.Sa mga Kiskisan ng bigas,4dr5 karaniwan ang ginagamit at Nippon oil filter element lang ginagamit nila pero di hamak na mas tumatagal sila kaysa sa 4bc2 na nasa truck o jeep.May mas magandang oil filter ang 4bc2 pero bakit mas maiksi ang buhay nito kahit mas maiksing oras pa ang tinatakbo kaysa sa kiskisan na halos walang pahinga sa buong maghapon.Ang dahilan,mababa lang ang working RPM na na ginagamit sa mga kiskisan ng bigas.Halatang sa sasakyan ka lang may alam.

Keyboard warrior ka pre. Pustahan tayo, pag kaharap mo yang hinihiritan mo, maamo ka pa sa tupa.
    Ganyan ka siguro kaya yan ang lumalabas sa bibig mo.Di ako nakalabas ng bansa kung wala akong guts,tandaan mo yan.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Nice thread going here dvldoc. Thanks for sharing...

Anyway, just wanted to get more inputs from you, as you would know that the driving conditions here are typically warmer, and considered "heavy duty" especially if one drives in Manila's bumper-to-bumper traffic. So assuming that if most of the time, the vehicle is on idle or low speed, would you still advise having the by-pass or just changing to a bigger and better filter? I'm concerned about oil pressure. Would I need to install gauge then? How low is "acceptable low" when it comes to pressure?

I have a thousand questions in my mind, and am a firm believer in replenishing fluids faithfully so your thread is very helpful, indeed. Keep it up...

Please, don't mind the vermin roaming around...let's just "filter it out."

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post

Anyway, just wanted to get more inputs from you, as you would know that the driving conditions here are typically warmer, and considered "heavy duty" especially if one drives in Manila's bumper-to-bumper traffic. So assuming that if most of the time, the vehicle is on idle or low speed, would you still advise having the by-pass or just changing to a bigger and better filter? I'm concerned about oil pressure. Would I need to install gauge then? How low is "acceptable low" when it comes to pressure?

I have a thousand questions in my mind, and am a firm believer in replenishing fluids faithfully so your thread is very helpful, indeed. Keep it up...

Genetic talaga ang lahi nyong `makapili´.Magtanong ka na lang,hwag ng masyadong pumapel pa.Sasagotin ka naman tiyak nyan at masyadong nahuhumaling sa Forums.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dagol View Post
    Dont mention God as you are a person that accept war as common practice.I dont care about being ban with this,im just giving my comments based on experienced not on paper.Anyway,your water/alcohol injection can be turned to leathal injection if fitted on wrong engines with incompatible materials.You need to consider that,not just selling them to others without enough infos.You need to make more research as your knowledge is not enough.You are not a chemist,neither a scientist.
    I can't really say how stupid your comments are, you know jack about water injection or how it's use, or the vehicle applications, We know all the vehicle applications the nozzles sizes, the mix, what works what doesn't I don't need to be a chemist to know that, we also a vendor on around 50 car forum including our own to answer question just like that.

Your almost so low on the intellect lever your really not worth arguing with. I been doing that gig for over 7 years. It's been around since the 1930's brain child These kits are on every make and model of car on the planet.

Please email the rest of the companies that make the kits how they need to do more research after the 10's and 1000's of vehicles we have already installed these on. Do you know what a dyno is, OBD-2 scan equipment, you ever build a motor or squeeze 1000hp out of a 4cly engine. Is anyone at your local dealer a chemist or scientist. How about Speedlab or Autoplus, or Bermmia diesel? Yet they know everything about cars, hmm that weird huh.

You simply come off as a CRAB and you seem to be jealous of everyone else and this is your only outlet to express yourself. Once again I will message the mods and I suggest the rest of the members do the same so we can get these childish and uneducated comments off the board for good.

You have no experience, you can't provide one bit of tech data on anything you say. It's because you have no clue what you are talking about. I bet you didn't even know for ever gallon of fuel burnt your car produces a gallon of water during the internal combustion process. Do you know anything about thermal dynamics? no you don't. I have a degree by the way, Navy pays 75% of your college while your in and you can get pale grants to pay the rest you'd be a fool not to use it. How many college level courses do you have.

You don't have to have a degree to understand how things work but you need to have some intelligence and there are plenty of tsikot members who are highly knowledgeable that I would seek advice with any day that might not be a scientist or chemist (it's called training). You just can't except your wrong, you don't know anything about the subject matters your speaking .

I guess all AFP members love war, and security guards that carry guns, or PNP, that's your logic not mine. Hmm lets see lets hang around people that want to kill us because of there stupid religious beliefs with no protection, that's a good ideal. World politics are beyond your grasp so stop reaching. I like to see how we like war.

I think we should do a poll to guess how old you are I am guessing around 16. Because these are not the comments of a adult with any kind of education. And as a health care professional as well I suggest you seek some professional help.

PUT UP SOME FACT or get out the tread EXPERIENCE what experience could you possibly have that outdoes anyone on here. Anyone else sick of this guy.

Oh I forgot you don't want to expose yourself whatever that means, You have already exposed more than enough.

Back to the subject at hand.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post

Stop and go traffic is basically the hardest on your engine, Bypass is not for everyone, a good quality filter and good oil with the proper additives like Shells oils or Mobil1 are good enough for a long healthy engine life. The basic combo is good oil and good filtration. Do the oil catch can if possible, I didnt' say this but block the EGR With sythetic and a quality filter it's easy to do 10000 to 15000klm between oil changes.

The bypass filter set up does not effect your oil pressure you still have a full flow filters then the bypass filter only filters around 10% of the oil per pass. So after about 10 minutes it will have filtered all the oil in your engine. I keep a oil gauge just for a safety measure like a hose comes loose or something. Just did a kit on my co-workers F350 6L turbo diesel, oil pressure is like 2psi lower probably because the filters flow better.

(I highly suggest people report irresponsible posters on the forum)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    OT: do that And ignore all the troll's posts whatever the content. Do not reply to its posts (feeding). pls read about trolling, flame baiting.

i'll bite, why do you often call it sYThetic? my question before is about the bypass filter. are you adding that to your product lineup in Devil's Own?

i'm looking around at pvc pipe traps for an oil catch can but IDK if that can handle the temps.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by indiej View Post
    OT: do that And ignore all the troll's posts whatever the content. Do not reply to its posts (feeding). pls read about trolling, flame baiting.

i'll bite, why do you often call it sYThetic? my question before is about the bypass filter. are you adding that to your product lineup in Devil's Own?

i'm looking around at pvc pipe traps for an oil catch can but IDK if that can handle the temps.
    Yeah I am done with that guy. He's just embarassing himself.

Now are you asking why i call oil or the oil filters synthetic? (I did type -o it a few times, fat fingers I guess lol) The filters you use for a bypass set up have to be a synthetic fiber or super high efficiency cellulose synthetic mix of filter media. This is the only way to effectively remove the particles that are less than 20 microns in size.

PVC should have no issue holding up to engine heat as long as it’s not the thin cheap stuff. In my Grand Prix GTP I use a DIY PCV fenderwell intake system, never had a problem and it runs over the exhaust manifold.

If you mount your catch can along the side of the car like on the fenderwell you should have no issues. Even the ones with the clear plastic bowls on air compressor oil separator hold up fine under the hood.

And no we will never get into filters to many people speciallize in it already. I'm sure I will bring a few set-ups with me next year for anyone who wants to run one.

Try foam, steel wool or a steel scrub pad for your catch can's media they work the best at trapping the oil particles from the incoming air.
    Last edited by dvldoc; April 15th, 2011 at 09:43 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    A good add on to this thread if people can post the aftermarket filters they see on the shelf there so we can tell you which are the good and the not so good.

So far we know this.

Fleetguard - Fleet service heavy duty filter

Baldwin- Fleet service heavy duty filter

Bosch- good over the counter filter

Mann- decent filter not the best specs for efficiency but well built

Fram- Orange can of death, one of the worst on the market.

OEM-Toyota black can not made by Mann, Low quality filter

OEM-Honda low quality filter paper end caps, cheaply made

OEM-Madaz decent filter good for 5000k oil changes

OEM-Nissan white can, total garbage, foam filter media thin cardboard

Nissan- made by Mann, decent over the counter filter 5000k use.

Mobil1-good over the counter filter

K&N - good over the counter filter

WIX- above average oil filter heavy duty construction.

OEM-Ford (Motorcraft filter) Good over the counter filter

ACDelco-None Ultraguard and Duraguard are of very low quality

OEM-Hyundai-good OEM filter

VIC- Very cheaply made, restrictive bypass valve, poor filter media

Union-Decent over the counter filter, basic paper media 5000k Change out

JHF- Decent Koren made over the counter filter 5000k use

Fil- lable says (for) Toyota, red and white box, Yellow lettering on filer, undersized filter media, bad bypass valve cause filter to recirculate unfilterd oil.

Fil-Fram Koren version. same issues. Steel on steel relief valve fails to seal, leaves dirty oil circulating.

Toyota (Denso) Japan, has on average fewer pleats for fitering vs other filters. Example MANN has 60 pleats vs Densos 29, vs Frams 59 in the same size filter. Very short life filter.

Fellow Tskoit member await your input

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    I can't really say how stupid your comments are, you know jack about water injection or how it's use, or the vehicle applications, We know all the vehicle applications the nozzles sizes, the mix, what works what doesn't I don't need to be a chemist to know that, we also a vendor on around 50 car forum including our own to answer question just like that.

Your almost so low on the intellect lever your really not worth arguing with. I been doing that gig for over 7 years. It's been around since the 1930's brain child These kits are on every make and model of car on the planet.

Please email the rest of the companies that make the kits how they need to do more research after the 10's and 1000's of vehicles we have already installed these on. Do you know what a dyno is, OBD-2 scan equipment, you ever build a motor or squeeze 1000hp out of a 4cly engine. Is anyone at your local dealer a chemist or scientist. How about Speedlab or Autoplus, or Bermmia diesel? Yet they know everything about cars, hmm that weird huh.

You simply come off as a CRAB and you seem to be jealous of everyone else and this is your only outlet to express yourself. Once again I will message the mods and I suggest the rest of the members do the same so we can get these childish and uneducated comments off the board for good.

You have no experience, you can't provide one bit of tech data on anything you say. It's because you have no clue what you are talking about. I bet you didn't even know for ever gallon of fuel burnt your car produces a gallon of water during the internal combustion process. Do you know anything about thermal dynamics? no you don't. I have a degree by the way, Navy pays 75% of your college while your in and you can get pale grants to pay the rest you'd be a fool not to use it. How many college level courses do you have.

You don't have to have a degree to understand how things work but you need to have some intelligence and there are plenty of tsikot members who are highly knowledgeable that I would seek advice with any day that might not be a scientist or chemist (it's called training). You just can't except your wrong, you don't know anything about the subject matters your speaking .

I guess all AFP members love war, and security guards that carry guns, or PNP, that's your logic not mine. Hmm lets see lets hang around people that want to kill us because of there stupid religious beliefs with no protection, that's a good ideal. World politics are beyond your grasp so stop reaching. I like to see how we like war.

I think we should do a poll to guess how old you are I am guessing around 16. Because these are not the comments of a adult with any kind of education. And as a health care professional as well I suggest you seek some professional help.

PUT UP SOME FACT or get out the tread EXPERIENCE what experience could you possibly have that outdoes anyone on here. Anyone else sick of this guy.

Oh I forgot you don't want to expose yourself whatever that means, You have already exposed more than enough.

Back to the subject at hand.

Im not jealous to somebodys achievement.Ive got mine.You are a navy.I am an engineer.Both of us i think is happy of the path were going.Life is like that.We need to be satisfied with what we have.You think i dont know about obd scan tool & performance parts with complete set that cost more than a new normal car.Common,those are simple technologies.I dont want to race and got caught on accident.Not my type,very childish.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    As requested, Here is the what the Mitshubishi 4D56 and 4M40 filter look like inside. They use a Full flow and a bypass element, The reasoning is they run fairly dirty and are hard on the oil, so they need the extra filtration to keep the oil intervals. Without the bypass set up in them you'd go through oil filters like crazy. If you run a non bypass filter on them your going to have serious issues.

Donaldson version (also a high end filter like Baldwin and Fleetguard) they make Amsoils filters.

You can clearly see just how different these are from your average filter. To bad they are about the only ones with this unique factory set up.

Here is Luberfiners version (another good filter) They use a role vs stacked disk.

Now here's a example of a good filter vs a knock off Nissan filter after about 10000k. Which do you prefer?

This is what happens when you never change your oil or filter on a diesel, But hey diesels are tough thank god, or half the Jeepneys would be long dead.

Remote bypass oil filtration