New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i wouldn't change anything INSIDE the engine if i were you. stick to simple IHE lang, para panalo

pag na-kalikot na yung makina mo medyo iba na magiging takbo nyan. lalo na pag nagkamali yung nag poport and polish nagka hairline crack yung cylinder head mo... patay. you'll never see the end of the problems.

buhay ng mga honda engines yung superior oiling systems at cylinder heads nila. that's why they're so efficient. hindi ko pagalaw yun if i were you.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mackkcam View Post
    Is this upgrade would really give me a change in my performance? if yes, how much (in percentage).

Ride: Honda City 96 1.3 (all stock)
    Upgrades:
    Air Intake (standard Simota + K&N filter) + HTW (hi-tension wires);
    do Port & Polish, then
    Install headers (4-1, is the suggested, i think) + Exhaust pipe + Mufflers 1.5" inltet (i think);
    install Dome Pistons;
    Mild cam - CAM-5

would there be any performance, or something missing or something wrong,
    not a turbo setup, just improve stock car performance..
    If there would be any performance gains, it would probably not be worth the cost to attain it starting from the existing 1.3L engine. An engine swap with a D15 or D16 engine would be simpler and attain more power while the engine and exhaust is still stock.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    On my part... why throw away a perfectly good engine for an older one?

One possibility... swap your 1.3 for a 1.5 City VTEC engine. automatically 20-30 hp more at the wheels, and the VTEC head breathes much better.

There's not much point in port and polishing the iDSi head. The reason the 1.3 doesn't have VTEC is that the second spark plug takes up too much space. So, in other words... your head has very restrictive breathing... even a port and polish won't help much in this case.... and for the cost of a good PnP, you could have the L15 already.

The current 1.5 in the City has lots of potential. I'd prefer this over an older D15B... just because any secondhand 1.5 Jazz/City VTEC is likely to be in better condition.

There are those of us who've tuned 1.3s just for the hell of it. It's frustrating. A 1.3 with wild cams and a full IHE job still can't match a 1.6 with nothing but a muffler.

As for performance... you don't want to drift the City. The rear end isn't nearly as planted as the Jazz, and you'd probably roll over before you could get it to step out.. You can try to stiffen it up with better anti-roll bars, and you can possibly use aftermarket suspension for the Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Niky - does port polishing really add that much? How often is the recommended interval for polishing?
    No recommended interval... you do it once and you're done. And additional power depends on how good/bad the engine was originally, and the rest of your mods. You may need to change cams also, to get the full effect.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    On my part... why throw away a perfectly good engine for an older one?

One possibility... swap your 1.3 for a 1.5 City VTEC engine. automatically 20-30 hp more at the wheels, and the VTEC head breathes much better.

There's not much point in port and polishing the iDSi head. The reason the 1.3 doesn't have VTEC is that the second spark plug takes up too much space. So, in other words... your head has very restrictive breathing... even a port and polish won't help much in this case.... and for the cost of a good PnP, you could have the L15 already.

The current 1.5 in the City has lots of potential. I'd prefer this over an older D15B... just because any secondhand 1.5 Jazz/City VTEC is likely to be in better condition.

There are those of us who've tuned 1.3s just for the hell of it. It's frustrating. A 1.3 with wild cams and a full IHE job still can't match a 1.6 with nothing but a muffler.
    Isn't the 1996 H.City is the one before the twin spark 1.3L iDSi engine? The D15 would suite the car pretty well.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Just to Update:

Anyone have tried Nodalos? dun ko kc ippurchase ung Headers for my Ride, 4-2-1 daw ang ratio, then issbay ko na din ung Mufflers,

Any feedbacks sa Nodalos? or have tried speedlab pero pang latest model lng na City ang meron sila

For Honda SX8 96 users:
    San nyo prefer kumuha ako ng headers? and mga Sukat ng Mufflers, exhaust pipings, etc... I-H-E upgrade lng kc muna ako, san nyo prefer? thanks...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mackkcam View Post
    Just to Update:

Anyone have tried Nodalos? dun ko kc ippurchase ung Headers for my Ride, 4-2-1 daw ang ratio, then issbay ko na din ung Mufflers,

Any feedbacks sa Nodalos? or have tried speedlab pero pang latest model lng na City ang meron sila

For Honda SX8 96 users:
    San nyo prefer kumuha ako ng headers? and mga Sukat ng Mufflers, exhaust pipings, etc... I-H-E upgrade lng kc muna ako, san nyo prefer? thanks...
    ok naman nodalos. but a bit pricey, imho compared to the other muff shops.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    actually di namna ung muffler ung habol ko sa kanila, ung headers, it would cost me daw, 3.5 for a black iron and 5k flat for the Aluminum ba un or alloy, di ko sure, hehe bsta ung isa pa, un na un, since di rin ako makahanap ng ibang shop na merong mabbilhan ng Headers for my Ride, (or bka meron, post contact nos.)

may paPrefer ka bang ibang shop ung tried and Test and Proven customer satisfaction garanti? paPost naman,

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Do it right the first time off... get a good set of headers mandrel bent at a shop that can do it.

Mufflerland has a mandrel bender, but I don't know if they have bends in your size.

I think you can get secondhand DC Headers for your engine, but they might be optimized for the 1.5.

-----

Oopsie me on the mistake. When I read the first post, I thought he meant NEW city. If it's the old 1.3... then definitely get a D15B... ...still not worth port and polishing the 1.3 head if you can get a better 1.5 engine for the same price.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    my friend told me to get the D16ZC (not xure kung tama, ung engine code, bsta it sounds like that) kung magpapaengine swap ako, pero tyka pa yun eh, I-H-E upgrades muna tlga,

sayang kakatune-up ko pa lng, bagong bago air filter ko, huhuhu OEM pa naman!!

btw, do I need strutbars to be placed sa bay? how about sway and roll bars? << ito is after kong magkaIHE upgrade

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    if you're not planning to do any serious drifting or slalom racing, kahit wala na strut bars.

d16zc galing sa civic EF mga yan i tink... wag na yun ang luluma na nun, hehe. if you can get it mildly used and still fresh never been worked at maybe you can give that engine a try but i wont recommend it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
performance Upgrade or ??