New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    patulong naman, ano ba pagkakaiba nang ordinary diesel engine, CRDI and VGT? I saw this sa brochure ng Hyundai vehicle na I was planning to buy kasi, dun sa chart nila, lumalabas na pinaka fuel efficient yung VGT, although pare pareho ang kanilang engine displacement, pasensya na, kasi ang tagal ko ding inipon yung ipambibili kaya nag sisiguro lang ako, Salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CRDI means common rail direct injection.

VGT probably means variable geometry turbo.

These two technologies are way different. In short there's no comparison since an engine can have both.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pinaliwanag ni Ungas at pajerokid iyan using a Php300,000.00 4M40 engine on a stand. Pero gutom na kasi ako nun. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    VGT and CRDi can coexist. CRDi is the method of fuel deliver (common rail direct injection) while VGT is the method of forced induction (air deliver). VGT works by varying the pitch of the blades (parang sa helicopter) in order to optimize the amount of air being force fed into the engine.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    direct injection engines usually produce more power but also more noise and vibration

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on a side note, the 4D56 with VGT is available for thai versions of the Strada.... producing an additional 14 horses.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice info.

ordinary diesel vs CRDI and VGT engines