New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    GOOD DAY!

I just need a suggestion about the mounting of the air filter of Kia besta, since nasa ilalalim lang nakalagay yung filter niya e medyo may doubt ako kapag ilulusong siya sa baha baka kasi mapasukan na tubig at tumirik (lalo na ngayon maulan pa naman at medyo bahain yung ilang lugar, di na rin pangkaraniwan yung taas ng baha)

My question is: It is possible to change the mounting of the air filter of the besta? since nasa ilalim lang nung paanan ng driver, We're planning na ilagay yun sa mas safe, yung hindi maabot ng tubig kapag nagkataon. Or, kahit hindi na namin alisin dun sa ilalim? we will just put a long hose/breather na idudugtong na lang dun sa breather nung air filter case, tapos itataas na lang namin? what do you think?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Pwede naman mag fabricate ng hose at ilipat sa mas mataas na lugar.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    GOOD DAY!

I just need a suggestion about the mounting of the air filter of Kia besta, since nasa ilalalim lang nakalagay yung filter niya e medyo may doubt ako kapag ilulusong siya sa baha baka kasi mapasukan na tubig at tumirik (lalo na ngayon maulan pa naman at medyo bahain yung ilang lugar, di na rin pangkaraniwan yung taas ng baha)

My question is: It is possible to change the mounting of the air filter of the besta? since nasa ilalim lang nung paanan ng driver, We're planning na ilagay yun sa mas safe, yung hindi maabot ng tubig kapag nagkataon. Or, kahit hindi na namin alisin dun sa ilalim? we will just put a long hose/breather na idudugtong na lang dun sa breather nung air filter case, tapos itataas na lang namin? what do you think?
    It is very possible. I owned a besta unit before and that's the drawback of their design. When there is a flood the besta could not get across the flooded area because of the location of the air filter in front of the left side front wheel. The engine compartment of besta is quite cramp and the only way to remodel the air intake is to attach it on the left side of the engine where the air intake is located. Just remove the hose and replaced it directly with an air filter but of course an air filter that would fit into that space. Or you can find an air filter that would fit under the driver seat then connect it with a hose to the air intake. It's much easier than improvising one that is near the engine. That's what I did before with my Besta kaya lang I could not send pictures kasi sold na yung Besta ko matagal na.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Magarac View Post
    It is very possible. I owned a besta unit before and that's the drawback of their design. When there is a flood the besta could not get across the flooded area because of the location of the air filter in front of the left side front wheel. The engine compartment of besta is quite cramp and the only way to remodel the air intake is to attach it on the left side of the engine where the air intake is located. Just remove the hose and replaced it directly with an air filter but of course an air filter that would fit into that space. Or you can find an air filter that would fit under the driver seat then connect it with a hose to the air intake. It's much easier than improvising one that is near the engine. That's what I did before with my Besta kaya lang I could not send pictures kasi sold na yung Besta ko matagal na.
    tama sir, may be I will do like what you did, thanks for the response sir.

Need suggestion about the "air filter" of kia besta