New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    How often do you change your engine oils? Casa uses semisynthetic on my Captiva and I change oils every 5K. What brand do you use? What would you recommend kung every 5k ka palit ng oil? Pag fully synthetic, do you change oil every 10k?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    on a diesel engine, usually every 5k regardless of type of oil you use.

but better check your manual first and follow their recommendation.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Actually it depends on the filter you using. Oil last much longer than 5000k but if it becomes dirty due to poor filtration then it does not get it's full use. Engine oil analysis show that even the good old dyno oil is good for 10000K to 12000k with a quality oil filter. That's the factory recommended oil change interval on most new diesel in the US. Fuel quality in the Philippines hampers that a little bit but 10000k with a good filter like Baldwin or Fleetguard is easy. Changing it at 5000k is wasting money.

Of course if your under warranty your stuck with the dealership OEM filter. There a big difference between a filter that is 98.7% efficient at 40 microns vs one that is the same efficiency at 20 microns and one that can hold 2 to 3 times the grams in dirt and that is still 50 percent efficient at 12 to 10 microns is a huge difference.

Get a Fleet filter they are designed to extend your oil change intervals and save you money on oil changes while having much better filtering. But if you have a canister filter your out of luck and stuck with OEM.

But if your stuck with Casa service until your warranty expires go with the best oil you can get, like Motul, Redline, Royal Purple, Delo, Mobil Delvac, ect. Only use oil that has a API rating don't cheap out.

Plenty of oil information on the bypass filter thread we cover it in depth.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Generally if you use ordinary oil, it is 5K. If it's synthetic full, it is 10k.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not always true.

Using a different type of oil does not automatically extend oil change intervals unless the engine can take advantage of the properties of the synthetic oil. If the oil gets dirty, it gets dirty, and must be changed. The idea that "fully synthetic" automatically means longer intervals is one that many ZZ-equipped Corolla owners have discovered to be, sadly, not applicable in their case. (look up Toyota sludge issues)

Many CRDis already require fully synthetic oil, but still use 5,000 km intervals for local conditions. This is because Philippine conditions are considered harsh. This is not to say that the oil is useless by 5,000 kilometers, but unless you have access to an analyzer, do you want to take the risk?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I use Zic or Kixx semi synthetic oil for my Tucson and Santa Fe. Change oil every 5000kms since mura Lang naman yung oil. 1,150 pesos per gallon lang yung oil. 2 gallons needed.

Ilan liters ang oil ng Captiva?

I already used Motul CRDi Specific. Parang yung Kixx Lang eh. Mahal pa. So sayang Kung papalitan ko every 5000kms. Ayoko naman isugal hanggang 10000kms yung engine oil kasi madumi talaga kapag diesel engine.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    I use Zic or Kixx semi synthetic oil for my Tucson and Santa Fe. Change oil every 5000kms since mura Lang naman yung oil. 1,150 pesos per gallon lang yung oil. 2 gallons needed.

Ilan liters ang oil ng Captiva?

I already used Motul CRDi Specific. Parang yung Kixx Lang eh. Mahal pa. So sayang Kung papalitan ko every 5000kms. Ayoko naman isugal hanggang 10000kms yung engine oil kasi madumi talaga kapag diesel engine.
    I used Kixx oil for my Captiva on my last oil change (80K PMS) I got the 6 Liter container available at Seiring. The Captiva uses 6.2 L of oil. Tamang tama lang yung 6 liters na kinuha ko. It's a lot cheaper than what casa sells and other semisynth and full synth oils. Maganda naman siya and it has the same specs as the Motul crdi specific oil. I'll stick to this brand and change oil every 5k. I beleieve it can last 10k with good filter but I don't know if i can find one fleet filter. Satisfied ako with Kixx . Engine seems smoother than with the oil from casa.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    how much sir yung KIXX oil? parang napakamura naman nakita ko sa online store Lubricants | Fleet Fuel Philippines for PhP3,500 you will get 3x 6L of kixx oil.....

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MrQ5 View Post
    how much sir yung KIXX oil? parang napakamura naman nakita ko sa online store Lubricants | Fleet Fuel Philippines for PhP3,500 you will get 3x 6L of kixx oil.....
    Mura nga if 3x6ltrs yan, P194.44 na lang per liter ah.

Kaso OOS na sila.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    mga sir yung KIXX OIL ba ng sinasabi nio nabibili sa Seiring ay ito KIXX D1 API CI-4 10W-40? and how much?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Interval for change oil CRDI engines