New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Good Day tsikot!

Anyone out there had their stock catalytic converter converted to a high flow one?
    want to free up some torque sa kotse pero ayaw ko naman yung mabahong amoy
    (like the exhaust smell of a newly started car) to last all day long.

any experience?
    1st hand experiences would be really nice.

any known shops that sells these high flow cats?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 7138 View Post
    Good Day tsikot!

Anyone out there had their stock catalytic converter converted to a high flow one?
    want to free up some torque sa kotse pero ayaw ko naman yung mabahong amoy
    (like the exhaust smell of a newly started car) to last all day long.

any experience?
    1st hand experiences would be really nice.

any known shops that sells these high flow cats?

I had mine done when I turbocharged my corolla many years ago. The stock cat wasn't up to the job anymore so I opted for a cat upgrade. This was the time NODALOS was still open and I bought my from them. I had it installed and the restriction (backpressure) in the turbo was reduced as the turbo would spool up quicker after the cat upgrade.

What is your car and current mods anyway? Unless you are running really rich, a cold start shouldn't smell like gasoline.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    My car is only a 1.3 honda jazz idsi, im saving up for some bolt-on mods that would make my car a little more throttle responsive.
    I've been researching for a while and a properly designed header would benefit little with my tiny engine, and read also some info that deleting the
    cat and putting up a test pipe would yield also to better acceleration but i'm not into the smell of my car's exhaust at start up.
    so a high flow cat i think would help my car, kahit hindi ko na palitan ng header, or after some time nalang ang aftermarket header.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Dont delete your cat
    Magboses utot ang muffler mo niyan..

Done that with my jazz 1.3 m/t

What you want is a header from speedlab.. The design of their header is awesome it has a long runner 4-2-1 version.. Its bolt on but with a little modification under to prevent rubbing between the pipe & body.. Also change your transmission support i recommend using M7 bushing

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 7138 View Post
    My car is only a 1.3 honda jazz idsi, im saving up for some bolt-on mods that would make my car a little more throttle responsive.
    I've been researching for a while and a properly designed header would benefit little with my tiny engine, and read also some info that deleting the
    cat and putting up a test pipe would yield also to better acceleration but i'm not into the smell of my car's exhaust at start up.
    so a high flow cat i think would help my car, kahit hindi ko na palitan ng header, or after some time nalang ang aftermarket header.
    Given your car is using a small 1.3L engine, you could use the cat from a 1.6L engined car (example honda civic, toyota corolla). Try checking if there are some left behind at muffler shops (or shops like speedlab) by other car owners who have upgraded their exhaust systems.

Btw, I think the cat location in the Honda Jazz is integrated close to the headers, am I right? So if you want a have a bigger cat, you'll benefit more if you replace the stock headers at the same time.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenThing View Post
    Dont delete your cat
    Magboses utot ang muffler mo niyan..

Done that with my jazz 1.3 m/t

What you want is a header from speedlab.. The design of their header is awesome it has a long runner 4-2-1 version.. Its bolt on but with a little modification under to prevent rubbing between the pipe & body.. Also change your transmission support i recommend using M7 bushing
    Sir, is your jazz a GD?

And what do mean by little modification? yung pipes nung headers yung ibebent ng konti?

am also eyeing on these hot pipes headers also, automatic cat delete ata toh pag ito pinakabit ko.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Given your car is using a small 1.3L engine, you could use the cat from a 1.6L engined car (example honda civic, toyota corolla). Try checking if there are some left behind at muffler shops (or shops like speedlab) by other car owners who have upgraded their exhaust systems.

Btw, I think the cat location in the Honda Jazz is integrated close to the headers, am I right? So if you want a have a bigger cat, you'll benefit more if you replace the stock headers at the same time.
    I'll keep this in mind GH, pag nadaan ako ulit muffler shops, ill ask or request if may natitira pa silang cat converter from larger displacement vehicles.

sir GH or any other tsikoteer, baka alam nyo,
    would you guys know if the stock diameter of the exhaust system for GD vtec (1.5) is the same with the idsi (1.3)?
    i dunno it they are the same, if the 1.5 variant has a bigger diameter, might as well get a 1.5vtec exhaust system,
    and salpak ko sa idsi ko..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Revive ko lang itong thread na ito.

Since binili namin yung car, pinatanggal ko na yung catalytic converter kasabay lahat ng silencers para derecho flow ng hangin palabas. Wala naman negative effect sa engine yun di ba? Mag 11 years na auto ko pero wala pa naman nagiging problema sa engine.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wala sigurong negative effect sa engine mo. Meron lng sa environment .