New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 84 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kala ko ba blind test? tapos may sticker naman pala?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    EHNRIKO earlier posted this...
    Quote Originally Posted by ehnriko View Post
    In most field test, we have what you call Third Party Blind testing...

It is an event where a product is tested but it was not announced to everyone concerned.

This type of test is best done on a race track in an actual race.

This is one of the recent "Actual" test of such type.

The 11th Tough Truck Challenge held last December 3-4, 2011, at Clark, Pampanga

This is the result:

Tough Truck Challenge XI Official Results:
    Rank Name Club Track A & B Track C Total A, B & C
    1 Michael Cerin 4WDAVAO 0:13:06.46 0:08:27.96 0:21:34.42
    2 Noel Bartolome Jr LCCP 0:14:06.79 0:08:07.78 0:22:14.57
    3 Edison Dungca Kapampangan 0:17:52.78 0:08:27.67 0:26:20.45
    Kindly note that the product was claimed to be "blind tested" during the race event on Michael Cerin's vehicle.

Then EHNRIKO said this...
    GTO is not the sponsor of this race... we don't think GTO needs to advertise in such a manner really. A friend from Amsoil also had similar experience when they were starting. They dont mind if they were not advertised in the races... they were already happy for the fact that the Champions were using their oil. Same thing with GTO.
    So he is saying that GTOil is not a sponsor nor were they advertising in any way during the event.

Then EHNRIKO said this....
    There are GTO logos on both sides of his vehicle... He used GTO since last year and hasn't drained his oil since even after winning 2 events already. It was just for a small test, no big sponsorship for these two trucks.

I actually visited him this morning here in Davao, I forgot to bring a camera - I will take a picture of his truck if I can't find one in the net.
    So the truck has GTOil logos and that Michael Carin knows fully well about having the GTOil in his vehicle. If the driver/owner knows about the "test" and the presence of the additive in his engine during the event, how can it be claimed to be a blind test?

EHNRIKO, you don't know what you are talking about because you are contradicting yourself.

So what is it? Sponsored truck or not?

You just said you did a blind product test on a GTOil sponsored vehicle .... but the vehicle has GTOil decals? WTF are you saying?

You have no idea what you're talking about.
    It is obvious that it is YOU who doesn't know what you just talked about.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by flakez View Post
    kala ko ba blind test? tapos may sticker naman pala?
    Ooooppps....
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Parang ikaw alam mo pinagsasabi mo ah.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    pa-post na lang picture ng factory ng GTOil para naman may proof ng konti hehe. yun tipo may mga naka lab gown at naka hairnet o mask yun mga tauhan sa assembly line . mala mo sa bakuran lang pinapack yan ng mga *liens.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012

I've never tried the GTOil, but that "no oil changes" thing sounds quite risky to me. Even if I were using it, I'd rather still change the oil.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    I've never tried the GTOil, but that "no oil changes" thing sounds quite risky to me. Even if I were using it, I'd rather still change the oil.
    Exactly. We change the engine oil not because the oil has "worn out". We change it because we want to remove all the dirt and contaminants suspended in the oil. An engine oil filter does help to remove some of the dirty stuff in the oil but in other stuff in the oil, you just have to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    We change the engine oil not because the oil has "worn out". We change it because we want to remove all the dirt and contaminants suspended in the oil. An engine oil filter does help to remove some of the dirty stuff in the oil but in other stuff in the oil, you just have to replace it.
    Maybe oil life can be extended with an additive. I said maybe...

Anyway, the metallic residues deposits at the filter would still be a concernment to me since they could lead to a clog in the filter...

Has anyone heard of GTOil / NOW12? Is this a scam?