New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 84 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I think we should be careful now!... The aliens whom the technology was probably stolen from might be getting angry already and could take revenge on the Philippines anytime soon...

i was just thinking if the aliens were advance enough to go here from their planet?,, how come they brought a product like this ...?? makes sense..NO!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010

STP oil treatment is the best product out there, (providing you use it correctly) It is not intended to be used for oil burning engines as a quick fix or any other quick fix ideas. You put a bottle of it in your engine every time you change your oil.
    STP is still average $2.50 - $3.00 a bottle, depending on where you get it and it does the same thing that all these higher priced additives claim to do. I use it, and have been for over 20 years. It contains detergents which enhances the oil's viscosity and keeps the engine clean and sludge free, and when used regularly over a period of time, it will actually "bake" into the metal inside the engine leaving a protective film to reduce wear. It is ok to use it in a new car after the break in period has passed, that will be a sure guarantee that your engine will have a long life providing you change oil regularly. I have worked on engines that has used it and personally seen the positive effects it has. I have not seen anything that outdoes it, and besides, take a moment and think about how long that product has been on the market......................... a long time.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Here is whats in the second most consentrated zddp additive sould in the US ZDDPPLUS which is in a 4oz bottle so that's 41:1.1 dilution ration for 5 liters of oil. Gives you just under 500ppm to 5 liters of oil. So you see just how high the concentration must be in GTOoil. That stuff has to be almost Pure ZDDP.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    ZDDP (ZINC) is the one who makes the engine last forever protects against engine wear.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Zinc works in conjunction with Phospurus hense the term (ZDDP) as the main lubricating elements in oil and most oil additives, Moly is a substitute for Zinc but the jury is still out on if it protects as well. boron is also a antifriction element in oil. Zinc is also far cheaper to manufacture than the Moly. The liquid Moly stuff adds about 450ppm Moly to 5 liters of oil.

It takes more than additives in your oil to get long life out of it, without filtration the best oils are worthless. That's why the claims of Gtoil of never needing to change your filter is factually wrong.

More is not better in many cases, the average car only needs 1500ppm max Zn for a nice long life, for turbo diesels you can go up to 2500ppm or so and the engine will live a very long time.

Here's the other thing high concentrations of ZDDP tend to hang around in the motor between oil changes and you can get a build up in your system. If your already using a product that is dangerouly high this issue is compounded.

This is from STP blue bottte which is super thick stuff built up over time and you need to skip usage for a few oil changes to get you Zn and Phos levels back in check.

Remember STP in the Blue bottle adds only around 450ppm zinc to oil, this oil is SM rated so around 1000ppm, this is what happened over a year of use and mutiple applications of the product. This vehicle is now getting high iron in it's oil due to the level of ZDDP in the oil.

sample date 9/17/2011
    added 0

Aluminum 6
    Chromium 2
    Iron 62
    Copper 5
    Lead 11
    Tin 2
    Molybdenum 102
    Nickel 0
    Manganese 1
    Silver 0
    Titanium 0
    Potassium 2
    Boron 27
    Silicon 10
    Sodium 8
    Calcium 2707
    Magnesium 22
    Phosphorus 1840
    Zinc 2392
    Barium 0

SUS viscosity * 210 F- 65.2
    CST viscosity * 100 C- 11.66
    Flashpoint in F- 375
    Fuel %- TR
    Antifreeze%- 0.0
    Water%- 0.0
    Insolubles%- 0.3
    TBN- 4.0

It pays to know additives work before you market them, adding ultra high levels of almost pure Zinc and Phos to your engine ever 5000km as recommended by GToil will destroy your engine Period.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    This is the closest thing I found to the GToil junk, It's Crane Cams camp break in lube, It's only supposed to be run in your engine for 30 minutes on a fresh rebuild to break in your Camshaft then drained. This is a 8oz bottle so it would raise your ZDDP around 5500ppm when you dump the whole thing in but you get the point, High levels of Zinc and Phos are not ment for continued use.

Now you can add it to your oil to boost Zn and Phos with a eye dropper, all you need is 0.1oz to raze it 400ppm or so.

from Qwiky
    Every product previously sold to boost ZDDP, be it STP or EOS, always had roughly an equal amount of detergents to offset the affect of ZDDP in reducing the TBN of motor oil. Most of these ZDDP concentrates omit detergents altogether or use over-based Ca detergents known to reduce the efficiency of the anti-wear properties of the oil! Just like you need more Zn and P in an oil that has more detergents, you also have to have additional detergency because of the breakdown of ZDDP in peroxides and its interaction with combustion byproducts to form sulfuric acid.

That's why the acid content of the oil sample for GTOil is so high.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    good for your body

and your engine

tara! magluto tayo ng popcorn gamit neto....sarap siguro. yan ang alien technology!hehe

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Zinc works in conjunction with Phospurus hense the term (ZDDP) as the main lubricating elements in oil and most oil additives, Moly is a substitute for Zinc but the jury is still out on if it protects as well. boron is also a antifriction element in oil. Zinc is also far cheaper to manufacture than the Moly. The liquid Moly stuff adds about 450ppm Moly to 5 liters of oil.

It takes more than additives in your oil to get long life out of it, without filtration the best oils are worthless. That's why the claims of Gtoil of never needing to change your filter is factually wrong.

More is not better in many cases, the average car only needs 1500ppm max Zn for a nice long life, for turbo diesels you can go up to 2500ppm or so and the engine will live a very long time.

Here's the other thing high concentrations of ZDDP tend to hang around in the motor between oil changes and you can get a build up in your system. If your already using a product that is dangerouly high this issue is compounded.

This is from STP blue bottte which is super thick stuff built up over time and you need to skip usage for a few oil changes to get you Zn and Phos levels back in check.

Remember STP in the Blue bottle adds only around 450ppm zinc to oil, this oil is SM rated so around 1000ppm, this is what happened over a year of use and mutiple applications of the product. This vehicle is now getting high iron in it's oil due to the level of ZDDP in the oil.

sample date 9/17/2011
    added 0

Aluminum 6
    Chromium 2
    Iron 62
    Copper 5
    Lead 11
    Tin 2
    Molybdenum 102
    Nickel 0
    Manganese 1
    Silver 0
    Titanium 0
    Potassium 2
    Boron 27
    Silicon 10
    Sodium 8
    Calcium 2707
    Magnesium 22
    Phosphorus 1840
    Zinc 2392
    Barium 0

SUS viscosity * 210 F- 65.2
    CST viscosity * 100 C- 11.66
    Flashpoint in F- 375
    Fuel %- TR
    Antifreeze%- 0.0
    Water%- 0.0
    Insolubles%- 0.3
    TBN- 4.0

It pays to know additives work before you market them, adding ultra high levels of almost pure Zinc and Phos to your engine ever 5000km as recommended by GToil will destroy your engine Period.
    as per my understanding, moly also works in conjunction with ZDDP i.e. absence of the other additive will only make it worse. i'm still tracing though the "chemistry" behind this.

actually, i'm still in the process of knowing why do high levels of ZDDP is as bad as the absence of it. as per dvldoc, high iron content due to high levels of ZDDP. kindly expound sir if you may.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If I recall, it's something to do with build-up. Too much of any mineral increases the possibility of deposits accreting and building up in places you don't want it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    as per my understanding, moly also works in conjunction with ZDDP i.e. absence of the other additive will only make it worse. i'm still tracing though the "chemistry" behind this.

actually, i'm still in the process of knowing why do high levels of ZDDP is as bad as the absence of it. as per dvldoc, high iron content due to high levels of ZDDP. kindly expound sir if you may.
    To much Zinc increases wear, it stops becoming a anti friction additive and becomes abrasive and increases the acid in the oil causing more wear especially in the absence of increase calcium in the oil.

Has anyone heard of GTOil / NOW12? Is this a scam?