New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    This is my biggest problem with my Suzuki 4x4 multicab. It won't start during cold mornings. I never experience any problem with this vehicle when the weather is warm. Kahit hindi sya nababasa because I have a covered garage, ayaw pa ring mag start pag malakas ang ulan sa gabi. Even pushing, it is very hard to start. There is an instance that it started through pushing but after a few kilometers when the engine is already hot, it stalled again and it won't start again. Sometimes, when it won't start, I just wait for the warm weather to use the vehicle.

Already done last first week of April (this month)

1. replaced new battery
    2. replaced spark plugs
    3. tuned-up and oil changed
    4. electrical was checked and additional body ground was added
    5. replaced carburetor condenser

A mechanic advised me to replace ignition coil but I am hesitant until I gather more suggestions.
    This vehicle is running in very good and just one click start when the weather is normal.

Any comment/suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Look for a better mechanic.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Try heating up the coilpack and HT wires with a heat gun and see how it goes. Or if you could swap a coilpack and HT wires from another engine, that would erase your doubts.

Metal expands when hot, and resistance drops when cold. A loose lamination of the coil or wire could be the culprit.

Another, check compression. Unlike diesels, gaso runs even if it has lost compression. It could also be fuel issue, worth checking the fuel lift-pump up to the lines and filter.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    i think carb ang problema sir. may choke mechanism po kasi ang carb. baka di na nag function. subukan nyo po na i choke manually, kamayin nyo lang po sir. pag aandar po ng manual choke, baka ito na po ang problema ng multicab nyo.