New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    As a new owner of a diesel powered pickup, i have been reading a lot regarding CRDI, EGR, SCV, soot build up in manifolds etc. Last ownership of a diesel engine was 5 years ago (15 year old truck) - a lot has changed. I also learned that other diesel pickups have problems regarding low quality diesel having numerous replacements of parts that is fuel related and others going into limp mode, thou these might be isolated cases only.

By using the Euro IV low ppm sulphur content - cleaner diesel as claimed combined with the latest CJ-4 API or CI-4 or plus API diesel engine oil classification that is available, is it right to assume that this will result to lesser problems in EGR, DPF, less soot build up and be environment friendly with lower carbon footprint?

For reference my pickup is 2014 Isuzu Dmax 2014 MT LT base model, 2.5L 4JK1-TC engine. Thank you to Tsikot members who would share their thoughts and knowledge. More power to Tsikot.. =)

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Currently using unioil euro4 diesel and caltex delo400 ci-4+. So far ok naman. Kaso feeling ko mas humina yung hatak compared pag euro2 ang gamit ko.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    whether euro 2 or 4 rated diesel fuel, the trick is fill your tank from gas stations that are not prone to flooding and free from water contamination. follow recommended oil specs stated in your vehicle manual and you are good to go. enjoy your new ride!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    CJ4 engine oil if you have dpf, CI-4+ or CI-4 pag walang dpf.
    saka wag ka din papakarga pag andun yung tanker para magrefill sa gas station, naa-agitate nya yung dumi sa ilalim.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Thank You for posting radz15, monty_GTV, MrQ5.. =)

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmax2014LT View Post
    As a new owner of a diesel powered pickup, i have been reading a lot regarding CRDI, EGR, SCV, soot build up in manifolds etc. Last ownership of a diesel engine was 5 years ago (15 year old truck) - a lot has changed. I also learned that other diesel pickups have problems regarding low quality diesel having numerous replacements of parts that is fuel related and others going into limp mode, thou these might be isolated cases only.

By using the Euro IV low ppm sulphur content - cleaner diesel as claimed combined with the latest CJ-4 API or CI-4 or plus API diesel engine oil classification that is available, is it right to assume that this will result to lesser problems in EGR, DPF, less soot build up and be environment friendly with lower carbon footprint?

For reference my pickup is 2014 Isuzu Dmax 2014 MT LT base model, 2.5L 4JK1-TC engine. Thank you to Tsikot members who would share their thoughts and knowledge. More power to Tsikot.. =)
    Euro rating depends on the emission control system of your ride. Low sulfur fuels & cj-4 good for engines with dpf so it wouldn't foul up. Kung walang dpf, di na kailangan euro 4 fuel, unless you are an environmentalist. I used to use Unioil but soot build up excessive that I had to have exhaust system cleaned at 15000 km. Switched to Shell fuel save & now Total excellium diesel.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Bloowolf- what's dpf? Ano PO bang Diesel engines na Meron ng dpf?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Diesel Particulate Filter? Yung mga normally released dito na cars walang DPF AFAIK. Yung mga grey market imports usually meron.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Diesel Particulate Filter? Yung mga normally released dito na cars walang DPF AFAIK. Yung mga grey market imports usually meron.
    Good luck sa replacement cost ng mga DPF

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Good luck sa replacement cost ng mga DPF

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    Bloowolf- what's dpf? Ano PO bang Diesel engines na Meron ng dpf?
    Diesel Particulate Filter.sinasala yong soot.meron ata santa fe nito.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast