New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaCajipe View Post
    I just noticed sir na sobrang bagal ng h15 non vtec ng city ko. May hatak naman. Kaso kahit laban sa ESI na Ph16 di nakaka habol kaya gusto ko iswap makina. ZC Vtec sir maganda ba ?
    Bro, first of all, walang H15 na engine ang Honda. The City 1.5, even the non-VTEC version, used a D15 engine. It only had 103 hp vs 115 hp for the VTEC, but it wasn't slow.

Are you sure that your City's engine is in good condition? The City is lighter than an EG Civic so the 20 hp difference between a City 1.5 and Civic 1.6 can easily be bridged by a good driver.

What are you planning to do anyway, race on the streets? If yes, get the f out of here, we don't condone street racing. And even if you change engine to a D15 VTEC you're still no match for most street racers.

If you wanna take it to the track, the City still won't get you very far because its suspension setup is nowhere as flexible as the wishbones on a Civic (which is why there are a lot of Civic track cars and barely any Cities). Also, you have to be prepared to shell out a lot more money, which I don't think you're willing to since you're not open to considering even a B16.

If you just want decent performance in city/highway driving, I suggest you get your engine checked if it's working fine because a 103 hp engine on a sub-1000 kg car is more than enough for most people.

I think this is just a case of misplaced upgrade itch.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Last edited by jut703; September 23rd, 2014 at 04:03 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
    maganda din ang ZC. pero sa mga nababasa ko pinaka powerful na sohc ang d15b single vtec.. pero may iba, ang ginagawa is ZC block then d15b head, para may vtec. kaso pag straight na ZC, walang vtec yun CMIIW
    Panget lang daw kasi d15 na double vtec. wala bang d15b na VTEC? sure ka ba sir na wala ?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Bro, first of all, walang H15 na engine ang Honda. The City 1.5, even the non-VTEC version, used a D15 engine. It only had 103 hp vs 115 hp for the VTEC, but it wasn't slow.

Are you sure that your City's engine is in good condition? The City is lighter than an EG Civic so the 20 hp difference between a City 1.5 and Civic 1.6 can easily be bridged by a good driver.

What are you planning to do anyway, race on the streets? If yes, get the f out of here, we don't condone street racing. And even if you change engine to a D15 VTEC you're still no match for most street racers.

If you wanna take it to the track, the City still won't get you very far because its suspension setup is nowhere as flexible as the wishbones on a Civic (which is why there are a lot of Civic track cars and barely any Cities). Also, you have to be prepared to shell out a lot more money, which I don't think you're willing to since you're not open to considering even a B16.

If you just want decent performance in city/highway driving, I suggest you get your engine checked if it's working fine because a 103 hp engine on a sub-1000 kg car is more than enough for most people.

I think this is just a case of misplaced upgrade itch.

Sir sure po ako na Hyper15 yung engine ng City ko. Kasi what it indicates on the engine is H15.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaCajipe View Post
    Panget lang daw kasi d15 na double vtec. wala bang d15b na VTEC? sure ka ba sir na wala ?
    gulo mo sir, sinabi mo na panget ang d15 double vtec tapos itatanong mo kung meron d15 na vtec? sinagot mo na tanong mo

google might help you. wikipedia might also help you

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Bro h15 is the same as ph15 non vtec. It's practically a d series engine badged for the Philippines.

There are 3 types of d15 jdm... non vtec, 20 cams, and 3 stage.

Panget talaga 3 stage, walang torque.

Goal is racing but don't like the better platform of a b20. It's cheaper, a lot of torque.

Pero Sige sohc tayo, wag ka na Palit makina... Get a 20 cam vtec head and that's it.

Get a p08 box, fuel pump, possibly injectors, and cam gear. Whp ng ganyan is just 80 to 90hp.

You could get started with that and magubos ng budget sa suspension, tires and bucket seats. That is kung track attack.

Depende lahat sa tuning bro. Get a very good tuner and mechanic.

Edit: meron po h series makina Honda. Usually on accords stock. Most common is the h22.
    Last edited by [archie]; September 23rd, 2014 at 05:24 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    Bro h15 is the same as ph15 non vtec. It's practically a d series engine badged for the Philippines.

Edit: meron po h series makina Honda. Usually on accords stock. Most common is the h22.
    Yup. I was pointing out that there are no H15 engines, not that the H-series did not exist (H22 in the Accord Euro R).

D15/PH15 yung common name ng City 1.5 engine, just as D16/PH16 yung sa Civic ESi/VTi.

Anyway, I agree that a B20 is the way to go if you're looking for torque, though arguably a lighter B18/B16 provides better balance for such a light chassis.

I still think that if he wants a track car he should just get another car - making your daily drive as your track toy means making a lot of compromises. And again, the City chassis just isn't as good as the EG/EK.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah marami compromise sa weekend warrior cars.

If you have a lot of moolah to spend ideal talaga iba race car sa daily. But I know a lot of people using a car as daily and track car.

It's fine, matagtag lang talaga and maingay. Well pwede naman palitan ng chambered muffler kung everyday use.

Honestly dati that's the mild mods for daily whips. But now na may mga mura turbo, it's more bang for the buck.

Even a mild boost can give 40hp more. If I were in his shoes, I'll boost my car.

Ika nga... Torque ba?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    save yourself the trouble and just buy and get a more powerful car.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ----------nevermind---------

Delete post.
    Last edited by [archie]; September 23rd, 2014 at 07:45 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Nice =) styro este I mean turbo =).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast