New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    mga sirs.

car engine died instantly while driving. Prior to that wala naman pong signs of any problem. Nakatravel pa ako ng 5km tapos bigla na lang pagliko ko and downshift from second to first gear, biglang hirap na umarangkada. Pagshift ko to second gear ko the car was jerking a bit na then when I put in on 3rd gear mas unti unti nang di kumagat yung gas. I downshifted to 2nd then slowed down. Bumaba ng bumaba yung idling hanggang sa namatay na yung makina kahit nakatapak pa ako sa gas.

Thankfully nastart ko pa siya ulit kaya nakauwi ako, 1km away from where I stalled (2x ako namatayan along the way). Naka1st gear lang ako the whole time * 3000rpm kasi namamatay siya pag bumababa dun. When I got home, I tried to start it pero hindi na siya umandar.

Last July po pinacheck ko yung battery and sabi 200 amperes pa naman. Lights and radio still working when I turned the ignition on.

Umiilaw yung battery and engine oil lights. Clogged fuel system po kaya? I replaced the fuel filter *65tkm.

My car's a 2004 honda city vtec po, manual transmission, 80tkm.

Ano po kayang problem?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Check plugs baka fouled na lahat.

Sent from my 3310 ☎️ using Tsikot Forums

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    spark plugs? kakachange oil lang po and ok pa naman daw po.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    So hindi ignition. Dalawa na lang, either fuel sending or air intake. Patingin mo na yan bago lumala.

Sent from my 3310 ☎️ using Tsikot Forums

5. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jaknjill View Post
    mga sirs.

car engine died instantly while driving. Prior to that wala naman pong signs of any problem. Nakatravel pa ako ng 5km tapos bigla na lang pagliko ko and downshift from second to first gear, biglang hirap na umarangkada. Pagshift ko to second gear ko the car was jerking a bit na then when I put in on 3rd gear mas unti unti nang di kumagat yung gas. I downshifted to 2nd then slowed down. Bumaba ng bumaba yung idling hanggang sa namatay na yung makina kahit nakatapak pa ako sa gas.

Thankfully nastart ko pa siya ulit kaya nakauwi ako, 1km away from where I stalled (2x ako namatayan along the way). Naka1st gear lang ako the whole time * 3000rpm kasi namamatay siya pag bumababa dun. When I got home, I tried to start it pero hindi na siya umandar.

Last July po pinacheck ko yung battery and sabi 200 amperes pa naman. Lights and radio still working when I turned the ignition on.

Umiilaw yung battery and engine oil lights. Clogged fuel system po kaya? I replaced the fuel filter *65tkm.

My car's a 2004 honda city vtec po, manual transmission, 80tkm.

Ano po kayang problem?
    hindi sumusunog ng gas kaya gnun ang performance, sir try nyo palitan muna ang spark plugs. Pg ok pa naman baka sa fuel injector na xa.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Umiilaw yung battery and engine oil lights.
    Battery warning – indicates a fault with the battery charging system
    Oil pressure warning – indicates low oil pressure and can cause major engine damage if the engine is kept running with the Oil light on. check oil level and top up if low.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2 common mistakes when an engine inadvertently shuts down. Battery warning and oil pressure warning will always turn on when an engine shuts down with the key in ON position. Those are not an indication of a fault. Since the engine shuts down inadvertently then the warning system will give that false indication. Those 2 warning lights are relevant only if they come on when the engine is still running.

So the question you need to answer first is, umilaw ba BEFORE or AFTER engine shut down?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Kahit bagong palit ang sparks,- puwedent masira....

I think electric ang fuel pump ng 04City - puwedeng ito na ang intermittent....

“The measure of a man is what he does with power”
    24.0K:fuzzy:

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    So the question you need to answer first is, umilaw ba BEFORE or AFTER engine shut down?
    oo nga, hindi na-mention ni TS.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sounds like a faulty fuel pump.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast