New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    It is time to have the engine oil for my adventure changed. I usually take it to the 'casa' to have it serviced. But this time I am thinking of not taking it to the 'casa' for financial reasons.

I worked for a company that gives petron fleet cards as one of their benefits. I have decided to use said fleet card to buy the oil from a petron station and to have the car serviced there.

Now I'm thinking of getting Ultron Race which is the fully synthetic product that petron has. I've done some researched and learned that Ultron Race is SAE 5W-40 grade.

In the car manual, the recommended is SAE 10W-30 or SAE 20W-40. If I understand it correctly, the number that I should be concern about is the second number which is 30 and 40 because we live in a very hot climate.

Will it be a problem if I use Ultron Race for my car?

Can someone give me some insights?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Most major oil company like the (Mobil 1) 0W-30 Advanced Fuel Economy is engineered to offer the same high temperature/high shear viscosity performance as 5W-30 and 10W-30, so it is a good fit for the heat wherever you lived. You can use it with confidence. Same goes for (Mobil 1) 0W-20 Advanced Fuel Economy and 5W-20.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by noob07 View Post
    It is time to have the engine oil for my adventure changed. I usually take it to the 'casa' to have it serviced. But this time I am thinking of not taking it to the 'casa' for financial reasons.

I worked for a company that gives petron fleet cards as one of their benefits. I have decided to use said fleet card to buy the oil from a petron station and to have the car serviced there.

Now I'm thinking of getting Ultron Race which is the fully synthetic product that petron has. I've done some researched and learned that Ultron Race is SAE 5W-40 grade.

In the car manual, the recommended is SAE 10W-30 or SAE 20W-40. If I understand it correctly, the number that I should be concern about is the second number which is 30 and 40 because we live in a very hot climate.

No. It will not pose any problem, in fact it will give more benefits to your engine. It has a wider temperature range and a much thinner viscosity which can also provide fuel economy as compared to the standard recommended viscosity. It is equally important to consider also the API rating as it pertains to the quality level of oil you plan to use.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by noob07 View Post

yes you can't go wrong with ultron line up esp race.

ULTRON Race is the ultimate performance, synthetic engine oil designed to provide maximum engine protection for all passenger cars and light-duty trucks and vans powered by gasoline engines. ULTRON Race is suitable for high-performance engines, especially those fitted with turbochargers, or operated under the most severe conditions.

ULTRON Race is formulated using synthesized hydrocarbons and an advanced functional additive to provide outstanding thermal stability and oxidation resistance to prevent build-up of carbon and lacquer deposits on vital moving parts. Its 5W-40 viscosity grade allows ULTRON Race to flow faster through the engine providing supreme protection during cold-engine start-up when most engine wear occurs.

These features of ULTRON Race result in prolonged engine life and benefits unattainable by mineral oil-based and semi-synthetic based products.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ultron Rallye is a multi-grade semi-synthetic engine oil designed to provide maximum engine protection for all passenger cars and light-duty trucks and vans powered by gasoline engines. ULTRON Rallye is suitable for high-performance engines, especially those fitted with turbochargers, or operated under the most severe conditions.

ULTRON Rallye is formulated using an advanced functional additive to provide outstanding thermal stability and oxidation resistance to prevent build-up of carbon and lacquer deposits on vital moving parts.

ULTRON Rallye contains a highly shear-stable polymer to provide control of viscosity throughout the life of the oil. It minimizes initial viscous drags providing fast start-up and rapid oil circulation from cold condition while maintaining adequate viscosity to protect against wear under fully warmed-up or high speed driving conditions.

The use of ULTRON Rallye results in reduced fuel consumption and extended oil drain intervals.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

ULTRON Touring is Petron’s universal multi-grade gasoline engine oil designed to meet the high performance requirements of the most modern American, European and Japanese vehicles.

Properties:
    - Gives superior anti-wear protection to cylinder rings, liners and valve
    trains
    - Keeps engine clean through superior control of sludge, rust, deposits,
    gums and resins

------------------------------------------------------------------------

ULTRON EXTRA is a multi-grade engine oil designed for gasoline engines used in moderate operating conditions such as passenger cars.

Properties:
    - Provides anti-wear protection for cylinder rings, liners and valve trains
    - Contains additives for better protection against sludge, varnish, rust,
    wear and high temperature thickening

http://www.petron.com/fueljourneys/a...ils.asp?ID=108

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    hey guys,

sorry to intrude this thread but i don't know how else i could post my question since i just joined the tsikot.com community. though i do think that my query is related to the topic.

i own a mit. adv. gls 2004 diesel and i just had an oil change - but i didn't have my car serviced at my usual casa since i was in a different location . i just found out when i saw my bill at home that the mechanic put 7 liters of oil in my crankcase instead of the usual 6 liters that i usually have my mechanic put. will the excess oil be bad for my engine?

i would truly appreciate it if anyone can give me invaluable insights.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    hey guys,

sorry to intrude this thread but i don't know how else i could post my question since i just joined the tsikot.com community. though i do think that my query is related to the topic.

i own a mit. adv. gls 2004 diesel and i just had an oil change - but i didn't have my car serviced at my usual casa since i was in a different location . i just found out when i saw my bill at home that the mechanic put 7 liters of oil in my crankcase instead of the usual 6 liters that i usually have my mechanic put. will the excess oil be bad for my engine?

i would truly appreciate it if anyone can give me invaluable insights.
    excess oil is definitely bad. it will cause excessive engine pressure and eventually, something will give.

but try checking your owner's manual. different engines have different oil capacity. for example, a typical gasoline sedan would need <4L of oil. this makes them perfect for the 'change oil' packages which usually allocate as much as 4L of oil. the gasoline mitsubishi adventure though requires 4.3L and this requires the owner to purchase an additional liter of oil.

Engine Oil for Mitsubishi Adv. GLS 2004 gasoline