New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys ok lang ba magEngine Flush before Change Oil ? Ive done this before but some told me, its not good, it doesnt help. Just curious, malapit na kc ko mag change oil eh. mine is civic98. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    NO, it's one of the best ways to ruin your engine.

basta regular ang change oil schedule and the oil does not get too dirty di na need yan mag-engine flush. engine flush is mostly kerosene with detergents added to it. can you just imagine what that will do to your engine, running on oil diluted with kerosene?

for me i would rather drop the oil pan, clean it out, then put it back again with a new oil pan gasket. sigurado ka pa na nalinis talaga lahat ng sludge at carbon sa oil pan mo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just drain the oil, change the filter, add fresh oil and drive.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i agree to them.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, dagdag gastos lang yan.

i remember, meron isang car care service station dati na binebentahan ako ng magnetic na drain plug, para daw yung mga maliliit na bakal from the engine dun lang nakadikit. i don't know kung effective talaga ito. pero hindi ko pa rin binili.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    If u want u can use as a flush yung mura na oil lang. Yung pinaka mura.

After you drain it just put the cheapest oil then paandarin mo lang nang 2 to 3 mins. then drain it again u will see na medyo dumumi yung kalalagay mo lang na cheapest oil.

Then put na yung ano mang gusto mong oil, kung synthetic or semi synthetic.

my 2 cent lang...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks guys!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    nuff said... if you follow your service intervals then there is no need to flush the oil

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by CLAVEL3699
    If u want u can use as a flush yung mura na oil lang. Yung pinaka mura.

After you drain it just put the cheapest oil then paandarin mo lang nang 2 to 3 mins. then drain it again u will see na medyo dumumi yung kalalagay mo lang na cheapest oil.

Then put na yung ano mang gusto mong oil, kung synthetic or semi synthetic.

my 2 cent lang...
    This is a good route to take, i know several peeps who do this as well. You can also try the Caltex Power FLushing Oil in lieu of the cheap oil. You also dont need to top up on the flushing oil when this is done (i.e. a car with 4L capacity of oil will only need around 2-3L if its being flushed).

I do this with our rides every 30,000km or so.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Pero you'll need to flush when you switch from mineral to synthetic, right? That's what I gathered from other threads.

Yebo, kerosene ba ang pang-flush? 'Diba oil din (specifically made for flushing)?
    Last edited by RafRaf; June 15th, 2004 at 10:13 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Engine Flush ? ? ?