New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 186 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Not much on this here so I thought I bring it up, Pretty common practice in the states on older diesels, I run it in my Elgrand 3.2 turbo diesel when I first got it the engine use to shake a lot more than I liked so I went ahead and started using 2T oil. First thing I noticed is the engine was so much quieter and smoother after the first full tank, I got a little bump in fuel economy as well and it eliminated the harsh shut off shutter I would get when I would turn off the engine.

Let's just get the basic question over with,

Will it hurt my engine, NO if used as described 200:1 mix ratio. example 17L tank = about 3oz 2T.

Will it clog my fuel filter, NO

Will it mix with diesel, Yes

Can you use it with Bio-diesel, Yes

Can I just add it every other tank, or whenever I want, Yes

What's the best 2 stroke oil to use, The cheapest is the best no synthetic.

Do I have to get the mix exactly right, No you can be a few oz or so over without harming anything. (Brother in law dump a 8oz bottle in the Elgrand had no issues) Told him 3oz)

Should I use this on Common Rail diesels, Yes but nothing made after 2006 (which is the 2007 model)

Does it give you more horse power, NO

Does it change the Cetane rating, NO

Also added it to my friends Kia Prego which you could hear comming down the block due to engine rattle, He was also very impressed with how smooth the engine became after adding it. He's been using it since Last November and plans to keep using it.

Also did it on the family 1999 Starex, major improvement on that thing as well it use to shake like crazy at idle, I would say about a 80% improvment after 2 months of use. So for 100P to 60P for 8oz bottle it's not a bad investment. Especially for your fuel pumps life.

Mix ratio is 200:1 by volume of fuel not ment for 2007 Up diesels.

Here's a study done on it
    http://rivrdog.typepad.com/files/cop...-version-3.pdf

In two-stroke oil we get 4 different quality ratings, which are based on the JASO (Japanese Automotive Standards Org.) scale:

JASO-FA very basic single grade SAE30 or SAE40 based 2-stroke oil (premix only)

JASO-FB Used for most premix industrial 2-stroke engines and scooters

JASO-FC "Low ash burn" used for separate oil injection and most outboard motors. this oil can be mineral or part synthetic

JASO-FD This is fully synthetic 2-stroke oil for racing engines. It is not suitable for mixing with diesel

2T oil listing and ratings. You want to use the Low ash JASO-FC
    http://wcsdistributinginc.com/WCS%20...aso%20list.pdf

I know several other Elgrand owners running it with a nice noticle difference It would be good to hear from other older diesel owners who also run 2 Stoke oil in there fuel. My Elgrand never ran smoother and I will keep using it every tank of fuel.

It even beats out Amsoil when it comes to improving lubercation.

The mixture of JASO-FC compliant 2-stroke oil further reduces soot and carbon deposits. this is the main reason, why the burn free cycles of particle filters are extended when using this practice. A further benefit is the increased reliability of CRD high pressure components, such as VHP pumps and injectors

Lets here your stories or questions.
    Last edited by dvldoc; April 20th, 2011 at 02:47 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    won't it make the engine emit more exhaust smoke?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTCH*! View Post
    won't it make the engine emit more exhaust smoke?
    2T oil in diesel reduces soot particles produced in the internal combustion process. Most people have shown a reduction in emissions by a measurable amount. The 2-stroke oil will be absorbed by the diesel (emulsion) and grease every moving part of the high pressure pump and the injectors. Besides this, the 2-stroke oil will keep the diesel engine clean, as it burnes cleaner as the diesel itself. In other words, the 2-stroke oil has a much lower ash-content as diesel, when burned.

My Elgrand does not smoke at all and my emissions were only 0.25 due to it's modifications. I did not get any additional smoke adding the 2t to it. The our Starex got .20 better than it did on it's last emission test and since adding the 2t I have never noticed any increased smoke, it also does not smoke at all (slightly modified as well) only blew a 0.33 down from a 0.53 so I would say it's running cleaner.

The reason you should not use fully synthetic is the Jaso-FD compliant oil leaves a solid residue that cannot be burnt.

Here's a good comparison of what Bosch recommends for a vehicles injections pump as far as lubrication goes.

FULL STUDY. http://www.arb.ca.gov/fuels/gasoline...22003bosch.pdf

Compare this to the level of extra lubrication given by the additives and average diesel fuel. If anyone has the average content of the fuel in the Philippines that would give a even better comparison. http://www.pecj.or.jp/japanese/overs..._Y_Monsada.pdf

Last edited by dvldoc; April 20th, 2011 at 11:58 AM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Tried this just last week during refilling for full tank. Used up 200ml for 90ml for 90 liters. Have not researched correct ratio yet that is why. But knowing that it burns with gasoline and it has decarbonizer (Shell 2T), I assume that it will help clean the exhaust parts. have not really checked whether it improved the engine noise. Will check next time when I refill again.

based on my research, ratio is .8ml for every 1 liter.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Tried this just last week during refilling for full tank. Used up 200ml for 90ml for 90 liters. Have not researched correct ratio yet that is why. But knowing that it burns with gasoline and it has decarbonizer (Shell 2T), I assume that it will help clean the exhaust parts. have not really checked whether it improved the engine noise. Will check next time when I refill again.

based on my research, ratio is .8ml for every 1 liter.
    You are correct on the ratio. .8ml per liter is 200:1 or about 1 oz per gallon. Even when I was trying it with only 17L of fuel and my brother in law put in 8oz I had no issues. for a fuel tank which is 76L for me I just dump a full 8oz bottle in. It does not have to be 200:1 the minimum should be 128:1 ratio. I only added more than 8oz a few times since I normally run bio-diesel from flying V.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Yup I also add 2T on my diesel fuel. I'm using the 1:200 ratio.

Correct me if my interpretation is not right coz i use 200ml 2T for 40 liters of diesel fuel.

so, 1 liter 2T: 200 liter diesel or 0.5 liter 2T : 100 liter diesel
    or 0.25liter 2T : 50 liter diesel, thus 0.2 liter 2T : 40 liter diesel
    or 200mL 2T : 40 liter diesel.

if you use 0.8ml 2T: 1 liter diesel or 0.0008 liter 2T : 1 liter diesel or
    0.08 liter 2T : 100 liter diesel or 0.16 liter 2T : 200 liter diesel
    thus 1 liter 2T : 1250 liter diesel.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    [SIZE="4"]elow guyz...

Can I also add 2T oil to my 1999Hi-ace with a 1KZ-TE engine? Will it damage the turbo?

TIA...
    [/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    [SIZE=4]elow guyz...

Can I also add 2T oil to my 1999Hi-ace with a 1KZ-TE engine? Will it damage the turbo?

TIA...
    [/SIZE]
    sir bawal po text speak

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rmpmla View Post
    Yup I also add 2T on my diesel fuel. I'm using the 1:200 ratio.

Correct me if my interpretation is not right coz i use 200ml 2T for 40 liters of diesel fuel.

so, 1 liter 2T: 200 liter diesel or 0.5 liter 2T : 100 liter diesel
    or 0.25liter 2T : 50 liter diesel, thus 0.2 liter 2T : 40 liter diesel
    or 200mL 2T : 40 liter diesel.

if you use 0.8ml 2T: 1 liter diesel or 0.0008 liter 2T : 1 liter diesel or
    0.08 liter 2T : 100 liter diesel or 0.16 liter 2T : 200 liter diesel
    thus 1 liter 2T : 1250 liter diesel.
    oo nga ano, parang mas tama yang sayo, pero sa nabasa ko kasi .8ml per liter so baka sobrang diluted na nga. Sabagay nothing wrong with the ratio you just used.
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; April 20th, 2011 at 06:19 PM.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    2T user here on my crdi for almost a year na.. Quieter engine is the most noticeable outcome. For the soot deposit i couldnt attest on this since i still got my EGR and PCV..

Page 1 of 186 123451151101 ... LastLast
Diesel owners that add 2T oil to fuel