New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 212 of 235 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2348
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sir Dieseldude,

Newbie here, I'm still back reading and I'm just at page 34. My Father died a month ago, he was the mechanic in our family, I don't know anything about cars, only in driving it. Due to his abrupt leaving, some problems with our Mitsubishi Adventure 99 model has remain unsolved. I hope you could give me some ideas so I could atleast get a better picture on what I am looking at before I go to a mechanic shop.

Hard starting even when engine is already hot. = already replaced glowplug
    I have to atleast crank it 2 - 3 x before it starts.
    Small white smoke coming out of the tail pipe when it starts, but none I can see when running
    Battery was bought last Dec 2102, but I think it still is ok as it still can redondo the engine
    Never overheated but almost once in 2010 the temp gauge has almost reach the H level, I immediately park it and let it cool down then add water to the radiator that has a leak. which had been repaired since. Now I am using coolant .
    Ride is okay and still has "hatak power"
    Mileage is at 180K kms.
    Cleaned air filter with air compressor, filter was bought a year ago.
    Already replaced fuel filter (OEM, followed your adviced).
    Planning to have it change oil and replace oil filter by next month
    I am going to try to add 2T oil in the fuel tank as an experiment, gotten from a thread on this site

I couldn't believe all the work and effort, pressure and cost my father has undergone in the maintenance of a vehicle

Thank you very much in advance

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sir Dieseldude,

Newbie here, I'm still back reading and I'm just at page 34. My Father died a month ago, he was the mechanic in our family, I don't know anything about cars, only in driving it. Due to his abrupt leaving, some problems with our Mitsubishi Adventure 99 model has remain unsolved. I hope you could give me some ideas so I could atleast get a better picture on what I am looking at before I go to a mechanic shop.

Check the glow plug relay. It will not energize your glow plugs if faulty.

Small white smoke coming out of the tail pipe when it starts, but none I can see when running
    Does white smoke deminish as engine reaches normal operating temp?

Battery was bought last Dec 2102, but I think it still is ok as it still can redondo the engine
    Never overheated but almost once in 2010 the temp gauge has almost reach the H level, I immediately park it and let it cool down then add water to the radiator that has a leak. which had been repaired since. Now I am using coolant .
    How much water did you have to add?

Mileage is at 180K kms. This is quite high.

I am going to try to add 2T oil in the fuel tank as an experiment, gotten from a thread on this site

I couldn't believe all the work and effort, pressure and cost my father has undergone in the maintenance of a vehicle

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sir dieseldude goodevening po.
    Our car is a 2005 hyundai tucson crdi now at 70k kms. Last friday naputulan po kami ng timing belt.
    Hindi yan dapat maputulan ng timing belt at 70k kms. First owner ka ba?

Pinalitan na po yung mga nasirang pyesa (4 intake cam followers at yung mga belt tsaka yung injector seals. Pinaltan narin yung air filter).
    Today nagstart na po siya pero there is white smoke even at operating temp. Sabi po ng mechanic baka daw tinamaan din injectors. Ano po marerecommend niyo?
    1) Check timing
    2) Pull down and test injectors.
    3) Kung walang makitang problem, pull down cylinder head to check for bent valves.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Sir Dieseldude,

Check the glow plug relay. It will not energize your glow plugs if faulty.
    Sir where can you find the glow plug relay?

Does white smoke deminish as engine reaches normal operating temp?

White smoke disappear and is replaced by black smoke

How much water did you have to add?
    About 3 liters sir

Mileage is at 180K kms. This is quite high.

Update: Sir Dieseldude, it seems I have solved my hard starting problem. It seems that when I had replaced my fuel filter, I did not bleed the air out. A friend of mine help me with the bleeding and after that no hard starting. Now its one click and it starts. My problem now is I am seeing black smoke.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanator View Post
    Update: Sir Dieseldude, it seems I have solved my hard starting problem. It seems that when I had replaced my fuel filter, I did not bleed the air out. A friend of mine help me with the bleeding and after that no hard starting. Now its one click and it starts. My problem now is I am seeing black smoke.
    check yung air suction-charging system: from air filter, hose connection, turbo charger, inter-cooler & egr. subukan mo paandarin na walang air filter, also baka need cleaning ang egr. Malaki hinala ko na problema ay sa sa supply air lang. I also have 1st gen tucson but only about 75K odometer reading. Never have problem like yours, the only time I seen black smoke was when the air hose in the turbo charger outlet was disconnected. I personally maintain the car though..
    Last edited by weisshorn; April 10th, 2014 at 09:07 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Ok I will have to check that sir weisshorn, tnx

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    You need help Follow us we are the bestdetailing in Las Vegas.Our all worker are very professional.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Sir dd, i have a taxi, accent crdi. white smoke napo lumalabas sa pipe, sabi po ng mekanik ko, kelangan daw po pa-calibrate mga fuel injectors. Tama po ba? Ano po ba dapat ko gawin? Ung mga tinawagan ko po na shop, grabe po ang prices sa calibration. I badly need ur help and advise.
    Bagong linis lang po egr,turbo at mga tambutso

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sir dd, i have a taxi, accent crdi. white smoke napo lumalabas sa pipe, sabi po ng mekanik ko, kelangan daw po pa-calibrate mga fuel injectors. Tama po ba? Sa experience ko, bihira panggalingan ng white smoke ang injectors. Pwede naman tanggalin at i-test ang injectors para makasigurado ka.

Ano po ba dapat ko gawin? Ung mga tinawagan ko po na shop, grabe po ang prices sa calibration. I badly need ur help and advise.
    Bagong linis lang po egr,turbo at mga tambutso.

May tanong ako:
    1) hard starting ba?
    2) malakas ba ang blowby pag binukas mo ang oil filler cap?
    3) Ok ba ang power?
    4) kelan yung huling palit ng air and fuel filters?
    5) Kelan ba nagsimula ang white smoke?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Sir DD, Good Day!

I recently got a 2006 Isuzu Alterra, 65k on odometer, 2nd hand from dealer. Changed oil, changed air and fuel filters. Power is good, consumption is ok. The problem: It emits a lot of white smoke (the kind that is nakakahiya) when getting up from stop to go on traffic lights, little to no smoke on idle. I bought it to Central Diesel and they performed diagnostics. Found no fault on their scanner. Mechanic floored the gas pedal and it exhausted a black cloud that overtime gradually reduced. I told him that I don't have problem with that kind of smoke, My problem is the white one that appears when in traffic and the signal lights.. told me that "maybe" I just need to tax the engine more cause its been idle for quite a long time (assuming cause of year 2006 with 65k mileage), baka may mga bara-bara lang na naipon" since it came from a dealer. I'm ok with that but, it really bugs me to see this white cloud of smoke when in traffic and upon going from a traffic sign... please help.

Question:
    Upon reading this thread (up to page 90 pa lang eh), I found a similar post to what I'm experiencing and you replied this:

If we assume that your nozzles are good, try these:

1) Check injection pump timing

2) Check valve clearance

3) Check compression

4) Check injection pump

Aren't these parts checked by the diagnostic scanner? Am planning to go back to have these parts check.

This thread is the best resource I've found for troubleshooting diesel and pacifying troubled diesel owners like me....
    THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR TIME and KNOWLEDGE!

Regards
    Jake

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk