New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by duskylim View Post
    Dear dannybe:

I'm sorry but AFAIK there are little or no spare parts for Solex carbs, that's one of the reasons I recommend using Webers - you can still order parts for them.

Regarding Webers, FCC that is, Filipinas Chemical Corp (aka - the Funny Candy Co) used to carry all the parts.

As to Solex side drafts, try an online search for parts, and good luck. IIRC TRD (Toyota Racing development carried their parts).

BTW how were these carbs stored? Did you DRAIN the GAS from them before keeping them?

That's VERY IMPORTANT, if you did NOT do this, it's quite likely that the gas has evaporated and left a hard white crust that will block all the critical passages and DESTROY your carbs.

Open up the top and take a look at the float chamber - it its a mess in there - the carbs are pretty much gone - sorry.

Regards,

Dusky Lim
    At last I found you.

Meron din ako Solex Mikuni yata. Basta meron nakasulat na Mikuni sa ibabaw at may small green gear sa tabi "choke gear " yata. Galing ito sa change engine ko na surplus 4G15 SOHC. Di ikinabit ng Mechanic kasi mas matipid daw ang yun stock carb ng EL 4g13 ko. Baka tinamad lang yun mechanic. May kasama pa nga ito exhaust manifold na may sensor na nakakabit. Gusto ko sana gamitin itong Mikuni carb at exhaust w/ sensor.

Worth ba na pa install ko ito uli dun sa 4G15 SOHC engine? Nabasa ko na may separate Idling hole ito at may Primary hole para sa low speed at secondary hole para sa high speed. Parang ang ganda ng design.

5-6km per liter pa rin FC ko after ng change engine into 4G15 SOHC. Maybe because I'm still using the Piston type carburator for 4G13.

The reason mag change engine ako kasi Loose compression at basa sa oil yun mga spark plug ko dati sa 4G13 ko.

Wala na oil yun spark plug ngayun but maitim pa rin sa carbon. But I able too adjust the Main Jet Adjustment screw at okay na kulay ng spark plug ko.

Hope you can advise me about this Mikuni Carb.ang Exhaust w/ Sensor. Sayang kasi. Thanks in Advance.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Ito pala picture ng Mikuni Carburator at Exhaust w/ sensor from 4G15 SOHC.

Sino nakakaalam ng exact model ng Mikuni Carb at saan kotse ito naka-install? Thanks.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinoi View Post
    At last I found you.

Meron din ako Solex Mikuni yata. Basta meron nakasulat na Mikuni sa ibabaw at may small green gear sa tabi "choke gear " yata. Galing ito sa change engine ko na surplus 4G15 SOHC. Di ikinabit ng Mechanic kasi mas matipid daw ang yun stock carb ng EL 4g13 ko. Baka tinamad lang yun mechanic. May kasama pa nga ito exhaust manifold na may sensor na nakakabit. Gusto ko sana gamitin itong Mikuni carb at exhaust w/ sensor.

Worth ba na pa install ko ito uli dun sa 4G15 SOHC engine? Nabasa ko na may separate Idling hole ito at may Primary hole para sa low speed at secondary hole para sa high speed. Parang ang ganda ng design.

5-6km per liter pa rin FC ko after ng change engine into 4G15 SOHC. Maybe because I'm still using the Piston type carburator for 4G13.

The reason mag change engine ako kasi Loose compression at basa sa oil yun mga spark plug ko dati sa 4G13 ko.

Wala na oil yun spark plug ngayun but maitim pa rin sa carbon. But I able too adjust the Main Jet Adjustment screw at okay na kulay ng spark plug ko.

Hope you can advise me about this Mikuni Carb.ang Exhaust w/ Sensor. Sayang kasi. Thanks in Advance.
    Dear Chinoy:

The carburetors I was referring to in the previous posts were SIDE-DRAFT carburetors, not the Down-Draft model that your pictures show.

Side-draft carbs are high-performance aftermarket (seldom come stock with the car) parts.

They are usually sold by high-end tuning shops like TRD (Toyota Racing Development), SpeedLab, etc., who will also install and tune them up for your.

They are very expensive, sensitive carbs and change their tune very easily with the weather.

The carburetor in your pictures are standard downdraft carbs used as OEM by the car/engine manufacturers.

I will try to give you advice on these but let me 1st say that THIS IS NOT A DO-IT-YOURSELF OPERATION.

If you do not have extensive knowledge and experience with the operation, assembly and dis-assembly, overhaul and measurement and have an sesitive ear for tuning carbs and engines then you cannot do this yourself.

It is not a skill you can pick up in a weekend.

I have previously discussed many of the basics so here are some useful threads.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70747

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71419

The only adjustment you can make without opening the carbs is the curb idle fuel mixture and the curb idle and fast idle speeds.

All other adjustments, primary main, secondary main, power/enrichment and accelerator pump require you to open the carb up.

Good Luck.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Sir Duskylim,

Thank you very much for the advice. Galing mo talaga mag explain. Your really a big help.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Im looking for a Nissan Sunny Carburetor- novice po here.. baka my marecommend kayo where to buy it.. yung authentic nissan parts naman sana.. old type pick up kasi yung samin

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi duskylim,

I have a Toyota Big Body '93 model with 2E Engine with an Aisin carburetor. I was not able to use the car for 8 months. When I started to use it again, it has a hard time starting. I have to pump and step on the accelerator hard and make the engine angry first before the engine becomes stable. If not, the engine will die. I also noticed that there is a smell of unburned fuel. There is no white or dark smoke coming out of the muffler. Do you think the problem is the carburetor? Can you recommend a shop or mechanic who can overhaul my carburetor? Or should I just buy a new carburetor to replace the old one. Your advice will be highly appreciated.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi Raymond:

You should bring the car to a trusted shop and have it tuned-up and then have them look at the carburetor. If after the tune up it still runs poorly then ask them if the carb should be overhauled.

The reason I ask people to PM me when I recommend a shop is that this forum (Tsikot) frowns on advertising (that is not theirs).

So PM me if you wish me to recommend a shop.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Sir Dusky,

Just read some of your helpful post. Looking for a carb shop near pasig or cainta. Please pm your recommendation.

My car is a 1994 Nissan lec-PS carb type 16valve maybe need some cleaning. no major jerking pero medyo hirap sa pataas lalo na pag naka aircon and i think running rich kasi may onting black smoke ( not blue or white).

Thanks

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    hope this helps. i had my nissan lec and kia cd5 carbs fixed at rommels in kamuning. butterfly in carbs is not an issue anymore these days as carb repair shops do have machine press for those butterflies. in my case, its additional 400 petot for the machining job. so far, my carb works perfectly. besides, they use timing light to ensure that the engine timing is ok and rule out blaming it on carbs. they charge 450 fort he carb overhaul excluding the gaskets and solvent.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    guys ask ko lng ayus lng b sa mang vsing sa may evangelista? oki b cla mag carb overhaul?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast