New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Hi guys, I tried looking around and searching the term re-wiring and most trend kasi around 10 years old na gusto ko sana yung up-to-date ang reputation nung shops.

Nag punta ako sa isa sa mga recommended shops, Tower of David in Makati since sila yung pinaka malapit sa amin. They quoted me Php19,500 for my 1991 Toyota Corolla Wagon. Re-harnessing lang daw gagawin nila. Hindi daw nila kaya ang General Re-wiring since most parts daw nung auto ay surplus. They will replace the sockets, relays and mga sirang wires and they will organize my wires. More than two weeks daw ang time frame na binigay nila sakin. I am thinking this is expensive and medyo matagal.

I've read that Rey and Wizzard was the most recommended shops pero the threads were 10 years old and medyo nag disintegrate na daw yung quality/service nung both shops.

If possible gusto ko tlga general re-wiring (kung kaya nang budget or kaya nung electrician), palit lahat ng wires, including relays and stuff. Papakabit at papaayos ko na rin yung following:

- Install Turbo Timer
    - Install Wagon Trunk Release
    - Install Back Interior Lights
    - Connect Rear Wiper
    - Fix Front Signal Lights
    - Fix Power Lock
    - Fix Dashboard Engine Oil Gauge
    - Fix Dashboard Clock
    - Fix Front Interior Lights
    - Install New Car Alarm System
    - Install New Dashboard camera
    - Install New Car Horn

Can anyone recommend a good electrical shop? Probably within Makati, Mandaluying, Manila, Pasay or QC area? I'll have my car re-wire muna bago ko pa full upholstery yung interior.

Ito nga pala yung itsura nung loob =p

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...r/IMG_2455.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...r/IMG_2454.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...r/IMG_2451.jpg

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...r/IMG_2456.jpg

Thank you very much guys!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I'd still recommend Rey's (Cubao) for electrical anytime someone asks me.

IMO, the real make or break is who among their roster of electricians will do the work. Nasa skill level na talaga nung actual na taong gagawa. Maybe you should ask them there who among the guys has the most experience with the same vehicle at the least, and maybe gauge who has the most patience. I understand the sentiment na ayaw nila i-rewire lahat dahil it's probably a real painstaking effort.

I've been to Wizzards (Tomas Morato) the past two weeks. They are very similar sa Rey's and even have a bigger area. Pansin ko lang mas may tendency silang maningil ng mas mahal.

I recommend you drop by both shops, get a feel of them, and get a quote.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Rey's Cubao.

From front to back general rewire inabot mga 30k. Pulido ang gawa, halos lahat ng connections may flexible hose. Already includes Hella relays, headlight circuitry upgrade (new lines and sockets), 2 bnew sanden aux fans, fuses, etc.

Wala pang 1 week (mga 4 days lang, apat daw gumawa eh haha). Ang trusted guy namin ang nagdala sa shop so no idea about the place pero sikat sila dito sa Tsikot.

Everything electrical-related lumakas (aircon blower, power windows, lights, etc). Then nabigla ako meron palang ilaw sa glove box and sa coins-holder haha pundido siguro or nung cinonvert inisplice na lang di na binalik.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    *kotiko & ParticleX

Thank you for the advice, I'll try to drop there probably on Thursday!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Just went to Rey earlier today and I got an estimate, they quoted me about 24,000 for general rewiring which I think better than the Tower of David's palit lang nang sirang wire for about 20,000.

Additional 5K+ for the headlights replacement since may stains na daw yung headlight ko which is hindi na daw magiging maliwanag. I've asked them to increase the wattage kasi medyo madilim yung bright kahit hindi dark yung tint ko.

Included na rin yung mga papakabit kong bagong car alarm and horns and turbo timer and stuff. Ang hindi lang daw nila gagalawin is yung sa computer box nung turbo pero they will organize the wires and check kung may kailangan palitan.

I just found out that my car is converted from Right to Left hand driving, they will remove some fuse boxes sa trunk and put it at the driver's foot panel daw.

I'll have my car rewired as soon the car alarm that I bought in US arrived. I'll update this thread for feedback.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Yesterday afternoon my car died on me due to low battery voltage. I called my dad since I can't find any help within the area. While waiting for my dad, I tried starting the car but no luck. I tried turning the aircon on since nalalala ko may na amoy ako na parang sunog na kuryente sa aircon. Positive may amoy sunog nga sa aircon, so I turned it off.

Suddenly I notice smoke coming from my foot pedal area, so I quickly remove the battery terminal. As I open the trunk, I see that the smoke was coming from the wires of the live terminal.

Putragis, buti nalang I was there when it happen, kasi I was thinking baka mamaya nasa loob na ako ng office at biglang nag short yung wire. Malamang sa malaman sunog na yung tsikot ko.

I left my dad with his electrician friend since my dad told me to go to work na. I don't know the status of my car right now. Hopefully hindi nadamay yung computer box kasi from the looks of it, wire nung computer box yun.

If luck will be on my side later, I'll have it rewired tomorrow na rin kahit hindi pa kompleto yung budget ko for rewiring.

Grabe, scary yung nang yari. Buti nalang my dad told me what to do pag nangamoy sunog. If not malamang nataranta na ako at umaapoy na auto ko.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    What model ng car mo sir?

Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjeff View Post
    What model ng car mo sir?

Tsikot Mobile App
    1991 Toyota Corolla Wagon sir

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    You don't need to rewire the car. Just have the problematic circuit repaired. Each circuit is protected by a fuse, circuit breaker or a fusible link except the battery feed to the starter. The short circuit might have happened between the power source and the fuse block

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    You don't need to rewire the car. Just have the problematic circuit repaired. Each circuit is protected by a fuse, circuit breaker or a fusible link except the battery feed to the starter. The short circuit might have happened between the power source and the fuse block

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph
    Scheduled na rin po for rewiring ito kasi papa-upholstery ko yung loob soon.

Medyo matagal tagal na rin kasi na stock yung auto. Nalubog na ito ni ondoy at habagat bago siya na gamit ng regularly.

Project car kasi ito ng dad ko na binigay lang sakin para magkahilig ako sa kotse at may magamit ako pang araw-araw sa work and ojt.

Yung mga wirings kasi parang dugtong dugtong lang tapos tadtad ng electrical tape.

Thanks po sa knowledge

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast