New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi mga bossing,

I actually already posted this inquiry in the Revo owners thread, but haven't received any suggestions yet. I posted here hoping this is the precise topics / forum. Anyway, would like to ask your expert opinions as to where I can find the relay for the reverse light of the Toyota Revo. I have this 98, GLXi, 7ke engined Revo, and the reverse light is not working. I already tried / checked the reverse light bulbs, Reverse switch (at the transmission), and fuses, but to no avail. I'm thinking that the culprit is the relay (if there is). I would greatly appreciate if you can post pictures, if possible, to the location of the relay. Or better yet, any more suggestions on where to look for the cause. Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Di ba kayang sundan yung wire ng reverse sensor? By the way, paano mo na identify yung fuse ay para sa reverse? Mag on-off din papat yan pag nag shift ng rev.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thank you for your reply confused shoes. I actually thought of going thru the wires, but since its encased in a flexible tube then wrapped in an electrical tape, I backed-out. Also, it went thru (under) the dash which is also encased, madami pala babaklasin. Actually, I did not find any dedicated fuse for the reverse, but checked all of them and they're all good. Though I found some vacant slots (except for the spare) which don't have a fuse. That is the reason I requested for an image, so that I can compare, if there's really something missing.

Thanks for sharing your insights!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Medyo mahabang process. Kelangan may kasama ka.

Try mo tusokin ng multimeter yung mga sockets tapos mag reverse on off ka. Alamin mo kung alin sa mga sockets ang mag response. Pwede rin alisin mo ang baterya, tapos pagdikitin mo yung + & - ng reverse lamp. Alamin mo kung alin sa mga socket ang mag short open. Then magkaka idea ka na kung nasaan ang fuse or relay.
    Last edited by confused shoes; September 15th, 2014 at 02:11 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    mas mabuti siguro check mo muna kung ano and supply (positive ba or negative), kung positive malamang wala na relay, kapag negative ay definite na may relay. (i suppose we're referring to manual transmission).

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sir confused shoes & t2erns,

Thank you for the techniques you shared. We'll try next time pag nagkabreak.

Thanks!