New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    And none of them did the parasitic drain( parasitic load) test? How sad. Search parasitic load test at motorage.com and do it yourself

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you have the tools (multimeter), check for parasitic load.
    if you do not have the tools.. have your battery fully charged at the shop. when you arrive home, disconnect your battery terminals. leave your car alone for 2 days. then re-connect and start. if it starts, it's a parasite siguro , causing your headache. if it does not start, it's the battery.
    good luck.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    I think parasite siya. because when I put back the battery terminal nag start naman ung car. dapat ung casa nung dinala ko nag parasitic test na nila car ko. ang laki ng singil nila tapos hindi sila nag test. not sure if hindi nga sila nag parasitic test.
    I want to try the parasitic test but wag nalang baka ano pang mangyari, I will just leave it to the experts nalang.

I will bring my battery to motolite to recharge my 2 week old battery. so that I will have a backup battery na.
    then I will bring my car to mechanic to test it.

Thanks for replying sir jick.cejoco and dr d

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Guys, quick question-- I saw someone jumpstart a drained battery by touching the terminals of both batteries together-- he held the working battery upside down above the dead battery and lowered it until the terminals touched, and the car with the dead battery was able to start. Is this improvisation safe/common practice?? I never seen it done like that until then.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    yung pajero ng ka-trabaho ko problema daw sa starting at nade-drained din baterya magmula magpalit ng head unit. ibinalik sa nagkabit ng HU wala naman daw problem sa connection nagpalit ng baterya ganun pa rin na nade-drain. ipinacheck yung alternator sabi palitan. nagpalit ng alternator ganun pa rin. parasitic test na ba kailangan?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by advan View Post
    Guys, quick question-- I saw someone jumpstart a drained battery by touching the terminals of both batteries together-- he held the working battery upside down above the dead battery and lowered it until the terminals touched, and the car with the dead battery was able to start. Is this improvisation safe/common practice?? I never seen it done like that until then.
    They did that because they probably don't have a jumper cable. That's unsafe but can be done in case you don't have a cable available

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by advan View Post
    Basta maintenance free un babaligtarin na battery. Gawain yan ng mga tamad at walang concern sa safety.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    yung pajero ng ka-trabaho ko problema daw sa starting at nade-drained din baterya magmula magpalit ng head unit. ibinalik sa nagkabit ng HU wala naman daw problem sa connection nagpalit ng baterya ganun pa rin na nade-drain. ipinacheck yung alternator sabi palitan. nagpalit ng alternator ganun pa rin. parasitic test na ba kailangan?
    Un head unit ba ay kayang paganahin kahit hindi pa nakasusi? Possible din naman na undersize ung battery (lalo na kung madami ng gadgets na naka install), kaya mabilis maubos ang charge.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by larry0609 View Post
    They did that because they probably don't have a jumper cable. That's unsafe but can be done in case you don't have a cable available
    Basta maintenance free un babaligtarin na battery. Gawain yan ng mga tamad at walang concern sa safety.
    Haha.. Pinoy improvisation. Ok, so it's been done by others. I was freaked out and moved several meters away, but the guy was just so casual about it. Just curious, aside from dropping the battery itself, why is it unsafe-- is there a possibility of exploding or something? Aren't cables technically just extensions of terminals?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Un head unit ba ay kayang paganahin kahit hindi pa nakasusi? Possible din naman na undersize ung battery (lalo na kung madami ng gadgets na naka install), kaya mabilis maubos ang charge.
    saka lang daw nila ginagamit ang HU kapag umaandar na ang makina. there are no other gadgets installed except the HU that was replaced, speakers are all stock including the sub. HU lang pinalitan and nagumpisa na mag-drain ang baterya. the battery is newly replaced 3sm motolite excel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Drained Battery