The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Electrical problem
    1994 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 178000 miles
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,

I just parked my car and the next morning, I wasnt able to start it anymore. battery is strong. When I turn on the ignition, the engine cranks. I have made sure that the cables to the spark plugs are connected. Checked the spark plugs for wetness. I then disconnected the spark plugs and placed them close to a ground point. Cranked the engine but no sparks.

Checked the fuse box under the hood. The 30A fuse for the starting system was open. Replaced it, turned on the keys and it blew again.

What could be wrong? How can I test and find the faulty component or short?

HELP!!!!

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by xfreemanx View Post
    Electrical problem
    1994 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 178000 miles
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,

I just parked my car and the next morning, I wasnt able to start it anymore. battery is strong. When I turn on the ignition, the engine cranks. I have made sure that the cables to the spark plugs are connected. Checked the spark plugs for wetness. I then disconnected the spark plugs and placed them close to a ground point. Cranked the engine but no sparks.

Checked the fuse box under the hood. The 30A fuse for the starting system was open. Replaced it, turned on the keys and it blew again.

What could be wrong? How can I test and find the faulty component or short?

HELP!!!!

Thanks!
    Hmmmmm! Let me refresh your qoute...park the car, next morning cannot star your car anymore and blown your fuse whenever you crank the engine. You probably have a short starting in the starter, or from ignition to fuse check all wiring na parang sunog o kaya wala ng balot. May problema ka ba sa starter mo dati?
    Last edited by v6dreamer; June 6th, 2008 at 02:20 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    first things first , you have to have the electrical diagram -engine performance wiring , a light tester, and knowledge of automotive electronics . basic things you can do are these;replace the fuse with under rated one with ignition off , unplug the ignition coil connector i belive that's inside the distributor cap , and start the car , check the fuse again and if it's blown ,this time unplug the fuel pump connector that's under the left rear of back seat and crank it again . if the fuse blows again then you must have the things that mentioned . from the first test if the fuse didn't blow, that must be you ignition coil shorted out. the second test if the fuse didn't blow , that must be your fuel pump. hope this helps

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My bet is on a cracked ignition coil. Infinite resistance = blown fuse.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    malamang shorted na yung ignition coil kaya everytime mag start eh pumuputok lang yung fuse

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yup, shouldn't be too hard or expensive to replace naman.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I had the same problem with my 1995 corolla gli except that it doesn't blow any fuse. I tried removing the ignition assembly (4AFE IIA - integrated ignition assembly). Found out that one the 3 pick-up coil is busted (instead of the ignition coil that is usually get busted). I have decided na palitan na yung 3 pick-up coil dahil basa na sila nang oil.

To remove the defective pick-up coil I had to fully disassemble it so parang complete rebuild ang nangyari kasi I also had to replace the bearing, oil seal, and O-ring. I will try to post later yung rebuilding procedure na ginawa ko.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hi Guys! I need help. I guese I have the same problem. Hard starting/ sometimes it wont' start at all...... Minsan pa nga habang tumatakbo ay namamatay din ang engine.

Madalas puro "kadyot" ginagawa ko and I know its bad for the gear box.

I just recently purchased a new battery (this month lang), new spark plugs, new high tension wire and new fuel filter.

one of the mechanic said na "baka" distributor yung sira. Im not confident on how he told me thats why I need your help.

my car is a Corolla XL 1995

Thank you in advance!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Have the electrical system checked first to see if the alternator is not malfunctioning. If the electrical system is ok, disassemble and inspect the distributor cap. Have the internal components cleaned if it is dirty. If it is soaking in oil, the rubber oil seal must be replaced. If the distributor cap has cracks in it, replace it as well.

You may want to have the ignition coil checked as well.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicVTi View Post
    Have the electrical system checked first to see if the alternator is not malfunctioning. If the electrical system is ok, disassemble and inspect the distributor cap. Have the internal components cleaned if it is dirty. If it is soaking in oil, the rubber oil seal must be replaced. If the distributor cap has cracks in it, replace it as well.

You may want to have the ignition coil checked as well.

thanks for the advise sir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Corolla Starting problem. Cranks but doesn't start. No sparks. HELP!