New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fukengruven View Post
    kami nga yung 3SM enduro motolite namin na 15 months warranty e di umabot. kaninang mumaga lang namatay at kanina lang umaga din bigla humina ang headlights, namatay radio.. ayun, 14 months lang. di na namin i claim pa warranty. sayang lang sa panahon at pagod.
    sayang naman, yung outlast namin 2 pcs 20month warranty, nung pa 18 month nya both nadead batt, ayun dinala ko sa pinagbilhan ko kasama warranty card. Pinalitan agad nila laking savings ko 2 pieces pa naman yun.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    bought an Outlast NS40 battery 3200 after trade in. 20 months warranty.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Xt7 View Post
    muntikan na ako bumili GS battery buti nabasa ko tong news
    .. mukhang mapapa motolite ulit kami.. hindi na enduro, excel na para mas matagal..
    sir, sorry to quote your post but i can't really help to reply to the topic. I'm a distributor of GS Battery for over a year now and i can assure that GS Tropical Low Maintence is FAR BETTER than Motolite Electron or Champion. Yung nilabas sa newspaper about GS, pakana lang ng motolite. although i don't have a any concrete evidence about it, i've been receiving good feedbacks from our customers in Calamba Laguna. We are also selling Motolite products as of the moment (hindi ko pwede patayin yung brand kasi yun ang unang hinahanap ng consumer) and everytime someone will insist on buying a Motolite Electron or Champion, we are already expecting that the customer will be back in less than 6 months time, complaining about the poor performance of the battery. From the time i started selling GS Brand, there hasn't been any single complain & return that occured.

So for the people out there who are looking for an alternative car battery brands, you will never go wrong with GS Battery.

Maintenance Free Batteries are strongly recommended for cars, SUVs, AUVs...

Low Maintenance for Trucks, Jeepneys, Owners, Buses...

the lifespan of your battery will greatly depend on the electrical disposition of your vehicle. if you are a user that habitually leaves the car stereo on while the engine is not running, don't expect the battery to last that long. you are giving to much stress on the battery, since the alternator isn't working, the battery is not charging. just a friendly reminder peeps.

Cheers....

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ryce,

Naguguluhan ako sa different models ng motolite. Can you please explain the difference between: Enduro, Excel, Champion, Electron, etc. If you can, please compare it to other brands like Outlast and GS.

TIA

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    san kokontakin yung sa motollite na pede magpadeliver na battery?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    speaking of which, dba na recall ung GS battery? bagsak daw sa quality and safety test nang DTI... mejo kakatakot kung ganun.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Ticket View Post
    speaking of which, dba na recall ung GS battery? bagsak daw sa quality and safety test nang DTI... mejo kakatakot kung ganun.
    you might want to check directly with the DTI if they really made a quality and safety test with GS battery. in accordance with the topic, i'd just like to share what happened to our battery store. we're still selling motolite batteries because it is the brand most people know. just last month, almost 10 motolite batteries (mix of Enduro, Gold, & Excel) we're returned to us because the customers told us that the battery is defective. after thorough tests were conducted by our technicians, they concluded that returns were made due to manufacturing defect. we cannot replace the battery right away because it is required by motolite to let their own technicians check the battery. indeed, manufacturing defect was the culprit. those batteries that were returned we're only less than a year old from the date of purchase. we strictly follow the FIFO (first in-first out) practice so that we won't have old stocks inventory. well, it seems that there's something going on with the quality of the batteries that they manufacture....

been selling GS Batteries for over 2 years already and we haven't encountered any problem that we encountered with motolite. we made our loyal customers happy and worry free when we convinced them to switch to GS Battery, that has more plates, more power...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Avanzas came with GS maintenance needed batteries. Some lasted less than a year. some more than a year. and there are some na 2 years na ay OK pa.

Mine only lasted 1.5 years. alaga ko sa battery fluid. laging nakalubog ang mga plates. once a month ako mag check.

Mayroon naman na nag leak at tumapon ang battery fluid sa engine compartment. battery acid and metal engine bay does not mix well.

Now I am using a local brand.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    base on our experience, we observed that OEM Batteries are not expected to last more than 2 years, regardless of what brand it is. medyo matagal kasi nasa stock yard yung mga brand new vehicles, before mabili ng customer so nadedeteriorate ang battery. hindi naman pwede i-start yung mga kotse na nasa stock yard one by one, everyday.

just want to share this experience, i'm not making up stories to promote GS Batteries. hindi ako sinungaling na bata...

we have a '96 pajero 2.5 diesel 4D56 and we installed a 3SM GS Tropical Battery (yung kind na tinutubigan & pinaka low end model ng GS Battery Line-up). the vehicle is still complete with all the accessories aircon, power windows, latest head unit model, etc. we are using the battery for already over a year and we didn't expect it to perform that way since it is installed sa diesel engine vehicle. siguro naman lahat sa atin dito ay alam na mahirap i-start sa umaga ang diesel engines pag lumamig na (specially older models).but never ko pa na experienced yun.

anyway, it really depends on the consumer what brand to choose. motolite,outlast, GS, AC Delco, etc. all of us here have different experiences with a particular brand so kung anu yung napabilib na tayo, we tend to stick with it. happy motoring everyone!

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Battery price