New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Good day guys! i wanted to buy a daewoo racer 94 gti model to be exact and make it as my project car..now, i want to know how reliable is it and the availability of the parts as well..

Thank You!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Marky86 View Post
    Good day guys! i wanted to buy a daewoo racer 94 gti model to be exact and make it as my project car..now, i want to know how reliable is it and the availability of the parts as well..

Thank You!

But why? With so many other brands and models which are BETTER than the Daewoo Racer why choose that pile of junk as a project car?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    But why? With so many other brands and models which are BETTER than the Daewoo Racer why choose that pile of junk as a project car?
    a neighbor is selling he's daewoo racer.. i was thinking of making it a db car.. 2 seater and all he's asking price is really cheap to be honest so i want to get some opinions with regards to reliability and availability of parts.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a neighbor is selling he's daewoo racer.. i was thinking of making it a db car.. 2 seater and all he's asking price is really cheap to be honest so i want to get some opinions with regards to reliability and availability of parts.

Daewoo Motors in Korea went bankrupt in 1998 and was closed in 1999.

However reliable a car is, if you can't get parts for it, its worthless.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The sad thing is, its not reliable either... Don't but 90's Korean cars... Especially Daewoo pa yan di naman Hyundai or Kia mas matino ng konti...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011

Thank You!
    sir i also owned 3 cars & 1 of them is daewoo racer, on my experience, its much reliable than my corolla big body, racer is much powerful & fuel efficient than Corolla XE. as of parts, its the same w/ Chevrolet Aveo engine so noworries on availability of parts.
    FYI: Daewoo was bought by GM who also owned d CHEVROLET, as a Fact, if u open a bonnet of AVEO, OPTRA, CRUZE, & SPARK, they are labelled inside their engine bay w/ "DAEWOO MOTOR CORPORATION". & also engine comes w/ a Daewoo logo!

daewoo racer?