New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    3- door rav4

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    BMW E-34 that's why I keep one. It's a keeper car.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Diamond Star Trio (Eagle Talon TSi, Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, Plymouth Laser RS Turbo). Saw a number of them still around in the US Midwest. Geeez. This looked almost like an identical clone of the one I owned except mine was M/T plus my factory stereo was waaaay better.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/199...-turbo.383857/
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 7th, 2014 at 02:10 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Update

My neighbor across the street still has his Mitsubishi 3000GT in his garage. I haven't seen him drive it in almost a year. He also has a 2014 Subaru STi on his driveway which hasn't budged since March.

My next door neighbor has a supercharged 90's Camaro Z28.

All three can be considered collector cars.

Then the local Nissan dealer have beautifully maintained 240z and 280z cars on their showroom floor.

Edit: I know the z-cars are not 90's cars. But, they still deserve mention.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just an update.....

Ever since the PT Cruiser quit production, it looks like the Mini Cooper is the new cult car of choice where I am. I see older ones too.

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 28th, 2015 at 09:22 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by corbon44 View Post
    local cars:

AE92 corolla (89-92)
    99-00 Civic SiR
    93-95 Civic (hatchback and ESi)
    92 Galant GTi
    93-96 Lancer (itlog)

89-92 Cefiro, sweet di ba?
    Just to check ten years after predictions were made:

The Civic EG hatchback is still sought-after
    The Civic SiRs are still selling at a relatively good price

The charm of the Lancer "itlogs" have died down, and sadly, we do not see a lot of decent-condition Galant GTis anymore.

The "16-valve" Corollas are still visible, though not as much as the Civic hatchbacks.

The A31 Cefiro looks like the default entry-level drift car of choice.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Ako kaya ko ki-neep ang CRV ko. Coz it's the first crossover SUV. Prototype nga lang daw ito ng Japs pero nag mass production

Tignan nyo history, it's the first compact crossover then others followed like Rav4. The first RAv4 were never crossovers, kaya nga name rav4

Mine is Japan CBU fully-restored, orig paint, orig interior, orig rims.

Thinking a wealthy Japanese might buy it 10 years from now.

Isa pa kini-keep ko eh yun Starex. Coz when first inroduced here, mura sya pero school bus ng mga bata. Imagine if those starex kids, resch middle age, the starex will bring em memories of the past. Or maybe a wealthy Korean might buy it someday

Parang counting cars lang

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Ako kaya ko ki-neep ang CRV ko. Coz it's the first crossover SUV. Prototype nga lang daw ito ng Japs pero nag mass production

Tignan nyo history, it's the first compact crossover then others followed like Rav4. The first RAv4 were never crossovers, kaya nga name rav4

Isa pa kini-keep ko eh yun Starex. Coz when first inroduced here, mura sya pero school bus ng mga bata. Imagine if those starex kids, resch middle age, the starex will bring em memories of the past. Or maybe a wealthy Korean might buy it someday

I agree sir, yung first gen CRV mejo na-maintain pa nya value nya till now. If you look at 2nd hand units, konti lang ang difference ng 1st gen and 2nd gen. Plus marami nagaayos ngayon ng 1st gen. Afaik yung Toyota Rav4 ang first crossover SUV the Honda followed suit a year after. Even dito satin, nirelease si rav4 ng 96 (3 door pa lang ata nun)then crv ng 97. Sayang hindi naging kasing successful ng first gen crv ang first gen rav.

Honda SiR especially if its in mint condition will surely retain its value in years to come.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post

Nauna RAV4 sa CRV. The RAV4 was launched in 1994, the CR-V in 1997.

Lahat naman ng kotse prototype muna bago magmass production. Hello.

At paano naging hindi crossover yung RAV4 eh based siya sa Corolla/Carina platform which is basically what a crossover is - an SUV in form with sedan underpinnings.

The name has nothing to do with being a crossover either - RAV4 stands for Recreational Activity Vehicle with 4WD while CR-V stands for Comfortable Runabout Vehicle (though some publications describe it as Compact Recreational Vehicle).

Kaya walang wealthy Japanese na bibili ng CR-V mo. 😂

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How about the S14 and S15 Nissan Sylvias? They are surely going to be part of the classics of that era.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
1990-2000 Cult Classic Cars