New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    My uncle owns a 21 seater JAC Princess truck. I didn't have many chances having a look at it since he lives quite far. He bought it for P550,000 with aircon and tint but w/o power steering (which was done later). The cab has a beige interior and a shortened Elf dashboard with a 2 speaker AM/FM tape deck sound system. the rear instead has a grey interior. It certainly isn't built nicely, the clutch had some problems, as well as gearbox (which was really tight) and the rear doors weren't sealed perfectly (the rain POURS in ). I wasn't there when they bought it but he said that the SA told him that it has an Isuzu engine (which is one of the main reasons why he bought it) but when I searched for that particular model in the web it says 1.8 OHV 40hp DI engine. Did they use Isuzu clone engines (perhaps 4JB1) for our market? he told me that it is very fuel efficient and the power isn't lacking. But i noticed that it struggled a bit in San Juan's hilly roads. Is it because it is still in break-in period?

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    My uncle owns a 21 seater JAC Princess truck. I didn't have many chances having a look at it since he lives quite far. He bought it for P550,000 with aircon and tint but w/o power steering (which was done later). The cab has a beige interior and a shortened Elf dashboard with a 2 speaker AM/FM tape deck sound system. the rear instead has a grey interior. It certainly isn't built nicely, the clutch had some problems, as well as gearbox (which was really tight) and the rear doors weren't sealed perfectly (the rain POURS in ). I wasn't there when they bought it but he said that the SA told him that it has an Isuzu engine (which is one of the main reasons why he bought it) but when I searched for that particular model in the web it says 1.8 OHV 40hp DI engine. Did they use Isuzu clone engines (perhaps 4JB1) for our market? he told me that it is very fuel efficient and the power isn't lacking. But i noticed that it struggled a bit in San Juan's hilly roads. Is it because it is still in break-in period?
    Hi!

JAC Princess is categorized as a mini-truck. It is somewhere in-between a multi-cab and a real truck. It is a great alternative to have more room for less the price and fuel consumption. It is also ideal for city driving under normal driving conditions.

For hilly, mountainous and rough roads, the JAC Prince is the entry level of JAC which is a little more expensive but it comes with a 4JB1 2.8L Direct Injection Engine and has a Turbo-Intercooler variant.

JAC Princess FB truck