New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    i used to own a 2009 A/T Optra and i can't really say anything good about that experience.. napaka lakas lumamon ng gas and first 5k pms was more expensive than my alterra's pms though the car's performance was ok, it's still not enough to justify that kind of fc and uber high cost of maintenance.. kaya 1 year pa lang benta na agad, sobrang palugi.. i told myself i'm closing my doors to chevy.. i've had my eyes set on the Lancer Ex MX.. not much negative can be said about that car if any at all.. lower GLX and GLS variants are ok too, same engine, if you don't mind the interiors (which i do kaya i didn't consider these wariants).. i've seen pics of the cruze and i know it's a looker but sabi ko sa sarili ko, no more chev.. then, ewan ko ba kung bakit, nagpunta pa din ako sa chev showroom, test drove one, and toinks! i fell in love.. so again, i'm driving a chev, hoping na hindi ako masabihan na walang kadala dala, holding on tightly to the fact that, since TCCI na may hawak, things will change for the better.. plus the price difference w/ the Lancer Ex MX made it possible for us to get a Hyundai i10 for the wife (may dagdag syempre). for me, the Lancer is still the superior car, but i'm loving every moment i spend with my Cruze LS M/T..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mataraki View Post
    i dont think about resale value when i'm buying a car. as long as the car has served me and has satisfied my wants then resale is secondary. i was considering cruze but i read that its aircon has problems so it didnt interest me anymore.
    The aircon is not really a big problem, medyo nasanay lang kasi tayo sa mga japanese cars na malakas ang buga ng aircon. The Cruze aircon is just right na hindi mo na kailangang mag-jacket para hindi lamigin.

What I did was >>> nag DIY ako, i bought this rubber tube foam and alluminum foil tape and wrapped the rubber tube portion of the aircon to prevent the heat from the engine from making it hot.

So far so good. I had a #1 setting only from 6am to 9am then #2 setting if the temperature outside is getting hotter.

As I have mentioned before, I have shortlisted other vehicles and test driven them but in the end, it was love at first sight for Cruze and I can proudly say that I own one.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jqn88 View Post
    i used to own a 2009 A/T Optra and i can't really say anything good about that experience.. napaka lakas lumamon ng gas and first 5k pms was more expensive than my alterra's pms though the car's performance was ok, it's still not enough to justify that kind of fc and uber high cost of maintenance.. kaya 1 year pa lang benta na agad, sobrang palugi.. i told myself i'm closing my doors to chevy.. i've had my eyes set on the Lancer Ex MX.. not much negative can be said about that car if any at all.. lower GLX and GLS variants are ok too, same engine, if you don't mind the interiors (which i do kaya i didn't consider these wariants).. i've seen pics of the cruze and i know it's a looker but sabi ko sa sarili ko, no more chev.. then, ewan ko ba kung bakit, nagpunta pa din ako sa chev showroom, test drove one, and toinks! i fell in love.. so again, i'm driving a chev, hoping na hindi ako masabihan na walang kadala dala, holding on tightly to the fact that, since TCCI na may hawak, things will change for the better.. plus the price difference w/ the Lancer Ex MX made it possible for us to get a Hyundai i10 for the wife (may dagdag syempre). for me, the Lancer is still the superior car, but i'm loving every moment i spend with my Cruze LS M/T..
    We had a breakfast meeting with some TCCCI management/Chevy Phils last December at Tagaytay together with numbers of Cruze owners and they were very enthusiastic in giving their full support to us. True enough, they are always on their toes when we present to them our concerns and needless to say -- attended to each concern with prompt actions.

Let us just help one another in any way we can to have an enjoyable ride each day.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Not exactly brand conscious, the problem kasi is the history of Chevy locally... Heard of the Optra? Expensive parts, delayed parts, bad quality, bad dealer service... So its too risky at this point to know for sure if they have improved for the better... If they do improve maybe we can consider them in the next generation, but I am skipping this generation after the mess that is the Optra...

And Ford was never close from going bust since they had the financial cushion necessary even after the fallout that the other two didn't have or was not prepared for. Let's just say Ford have a genius driver named Alan Mulally and GM had a substandard driver named Rick Wagoner during the crisis...
    On a positive note, TCCCI management has given their commitment to fully support each Cruze owners.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by marlboro2000 View Post
    On a positive note, TCCCI management has given their commitment to fully support each Cruze owners.

Let's see if their words translate to positive action.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I will report to you Sir once TCCCI will break their promise to us.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I will post din here my feedback on TCCI regarding customer service and after sales as I have a pending problem with my unit.

Quote Originally Posted by marlboro2000 View Post
    I will report to you Sir once TCCCI will break their promise to us.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Sirs any feedback on "the new" chevy philippines after sales service? WOuld greatly appreciate it since I'm on the fence right now about buying a top of the line cruze or just waiting out the new impreza and focus. Thanks in advance!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If I was you, I would wait for the new Civic, Focus and Impreza to be launched locally.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    leaning towards that but from the boards ive been reading that could be almost a year away...hassle id have to get a cheap 2nd hand car in the meantime...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Is chevy cruze worth buying?