New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    I guess ill be the most unbiased guy here. To also have Bought a Cruze but i also have a problem with mine. No doubt the Cruze is a good car, unfortunately, i also got a defective unit. My issue is not the car as my problem is isolated, but how Chevrolet Philippines will fix my problem.

Like I have said, the Cruze's problem is not the car, the problem is the brand behind the car.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    we would have probably gotten a cruze if the 808k M/T L was available during the 1st half of april... kaso wala eh. hehe.

it's a good car, no doubt... but as sir GH has mentioned, chevy has a long way to go in winning the hearts and minds of Filipinos.

Noticing more and more cruzes on the road now, though hehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by marlboro2000 View Post
    Hayun, burado na lahat yong nasa list ko. Safety, comfort, speed, interior, exterior looks of Cruze -- just love it..... and I am driving one now.
    Ako naman ang top 2 choice ko ay Lancer EX & Cruze as my first car, but in the end I decided to get the Cruze. So far, wala pa naman akong naging problem sa Chevy Pasig. Regarding sa bilis, di naman ako into racing since I learned to drive na may family na ako kaya safety lagi.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *av8or5

Yeah the Cruze is a global car... I don't like the brand though, Chevy and GM (bankrupt Government Motors still majority owned by the US taxpayer)... Doesn't mean its a global car I would automatically like it. Sure in terms of safety its excellent. Reputation and service kaya, excellent din?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    *av8or5

Yeah the Cruze is a global car... I don't like the brand though, Chevy and GM (bankrupt Government Motors still majority owned by the US taxpayer)... Doesn't mean its a global car I would automatically like it. Sure in terms of safety its excellent. Reputation and service kaya, excellent din?
    Well, since kami ang may Cruze sa ngayon, update na lang namin kayo later on. For now, happy kami, kaya kung sa commercial pa, "suportahan" niyo na lang kami!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    to the TS - answer to your question is definitely YES! it's worth every centavo! im loving it!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rodmac View Post
    Hi, that is also one of my concern, the resale value. I'm really thinking if I'll push through on buying this car, other option I have is the Honda City 1.3S MT. What do you think?
    i dont think about resale value when i'm buying a car. as long as the car has served me and has satisfied my wants then resale is secondary. i was considering cruze but i read that its aircon has problems so it didnt interest me anymore.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mataraki View Post
    i dont think about resale value when i'm buying a car. as long as the car has served me and has satisfied my wants then resale is secondary. i was considering cruze but i read that its aircon has problems so it didnt interest me anymore.
    what aircon problems? never experienced any aircon problems ever since i got the car

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Like I have said, the Cruze's problem is not the car, the problem is the brand behind the car.
    Ah okay, so its the brand (chevrolet) that you dont like it's not the Cruze. Let's be specific kasi we usually buy cars on performance and specs, not necessarily the brand behind it. anyhow, it's your personal preference (brand). definitely i will not argue on your preference.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    *av8or5

Noted sir, your another brand conscience person/tsikoteer. Yeah, muntik na nga ma bail out ang Ford, good thing they were able to do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by mataraki View Post
    I don't think meron aircon problem ang Cruze. It might not be as cold as Nissan, but Problems, this i have to argue on. The smell that comes in from outside even if under recirculation mode, its just an added safety to control the bad gases, but because our country is polluted, the smell from the outside is not so inviting. lol.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Noted sir, your another brand conscience person/tsikoteer. Yeah, muntik na nga ma bail out ang Ford, good thing they were able to do something else.
    Not exactly brand conscious, the problem kasi is the history of Chevy locally... Heard of the Optra? Expensive parts, delayed parts, bad quality, bad dealer service... So its too risky at this point to know for sure if they have improved for the better... If they do improve maybe we can consider them in the next generation, but I am skipping this generation after the mess that is the Optra...

And Ford was never close from going bust since they had the financial cushion necessary even after the fallout that the other two didn't have or was not prepared for. Let's just say Ford have a genius driver named Alan Mulally and GM had a substandard driver named Rick Wagoner during the crisis...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Is chevy cruze worth buying?