New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You can have your choice of the Jazz and City 1.5L variants since the fuel consumption for the 1.3L vs the 1.5L is not that much different. Plus the 1.5L gives you more goodies with the car, example like in the Jazz: better looking wheels, electric-folding side mirrors.
    Hi, thank you for bringing up other option aside from City and Cruze, greatly appreciated. I'm not a sporty type of person, when it comes to car. That's why I didn't consider Jazz as an option for me. To be honest, I really love the interior of Cruze, that's why I'm having trouble to decide which is which.

Quote Originally Posted by dagulmuroami View Post
    The same situation with my last October, 2010. Torn between Cruze or City 1.5E. But at the end, I decided to get the Honday City 1.5E because of Reliability, Parts availability/price and Resale Value. Also, read the story of ResidentEvil, one of cruze owner who had an accident. It takes months (not sure how long na) to repair his car due to parts availability. Not sure kung nakuha na nya yung unit nya.

Anyway, cruze is a good card. But sabi nga ng friend ko "Hindi biro biro ang pera na gagastusin mo, ok lang kung cellphone or TV yan na ok lang magpalit pagnagkamali ka" Doon ka na sa subok at sigurado HTH
    hmmmm. Napaisip nanaman ako. Why Chevy has a Low resale value? is it only because of the availability and the price of the parts?

Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Actually, my dad is in the same boat with you. I and my dad saw the Cruze in display at SM Megamall one time. We've checked that and both of us came impressed. Especially the midlevel variant (LS MT) has the features that the Honda Civic (V, MT) doesn't at the same price (P850.000 for Civic, with discount).. My Mom even liked it

BUT....

One thing we worried about, RESALE VALUE....

So, if you're getting the Cruze and planning to keep it for a long time, worth it.
    Hi! So what is the decision of you and your dad? ibang car nalang? I'm planning to keep it maybe 5-10yrs in time. But it still depends. Do you think it's worth it?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rodmac View Post
    Hi guys,

I''m just new here, and a novice in terms of car talk. Please help me regarding to the pros and cons of cruze here in Philippines? I've seen some of the posted threads here, but i really would like to know if ok ba ang fuel consumption, and how about the parts if nasira, may available ba agad na parts here in Ph? Please help me to decide if is it worth buying.

Thanks in advance!
    I guess im the most unbiased person to answer your question. I have a Cruze LS A/T, bought mid December of 2010.

Regarding the F/C, i would say, it is comparable to any 1.8 Liter engine in the compact size class. I would have hope for a better FC, but sadly i could say it averages 8km/liter.

Regarding acceleration, its slow to accelerate, but within the midrange rpm, the car has more power. Because the car has good insulation, the low engine sound makes it feel that it accelerates slower. (That could be good and bad).

The ride is nice, a balance of soft and firm suspension. The steering is light with good road feedback.

Right now, regarding PMS, i think its an average pricing because PMS is every 10K km, unlike other vehicles PMS every 5K km. Regarding cost, my deal included free PMS for two years.

Now with regards to aftersales, this is the most important. right now, I have an issue with my Cruze. For me, it's a factory defect. I've chatted and know other Cruze owners, so my issue is really isolated. Isolated means not all Cruze unit will have this defect. I even went further to research on my experience with my Cruze, even Global forums, my concern wasn't popular.

Right now, I am holding my statement on how Chevrolet Philippines aftersales fair. I will post my feedback on aftersales, after my concern is finish. Tentative would be next week.

Manufacturers defect can happen to any vehicles, but how the company takes care of it is very important. Let us see if the new management of Chevrolet Philippines (TCCI) has actually improved in taking care of their customers in terms of aftersales.

Regarding resale value: Any new manufacturer new to the Philippines would always have low resale. It's how it does in the Philippines would change the value. For example, Hyundai came here years back, their cars sucks bigtime, resale value is really bad. But perception change with new and better models, now, their resale is getting better. Chevrolet and Ford are also in this boat. Sooner or later, they will have better resale value if they continue to bring in good looking models with good reliability.

HTH.
    Last edited by av8or5; February 11th, 2011 at 11:17 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    hehe.

how about the new altis?

upgraded to dual VVT-i tapos 6 speed na manual na
    My family is already using altis. gusto ko sana maiba naman especially the looks. pero yung lumang model ng altis yun ha. hehe.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    I guess im the most unbiased person to answer your question. I have a Cruze LS A/T, bought mid December of 2010.

Regarding the F/C, i would say, it is comparable to any 1.8 Liter engine in the compact size class. I would have hope for a better FC, but sadly i could say it averages 8km/liter.

Regarding acceleration, its slow to accelerate, but within the midrange rpm, the car has more power. Because the car has good insulation, the low engine sound makes it feel that it accelerates slower. (That could be good and bad).

The ride is nice, a balance of soft and firm suspension. The steering is light with good road feedback.

Right now, regarding PMS, i think its an average pricing because PMS is every 10K km, unlike other vehicles PMS every 5K km. Regarding cost, my deal included free PMS for two years.

Now with regards to aftersales, this is the most important. right now, I have an issue with my Cruze. For me, it's a factory defect. I've chatted and know other Cruze owners, so my issue is really isolated. Isolated means not all Cruze unit will have this defect. I even went further to research on my experience with my Cruze, even Global forums, my concern wasn't popular.

Right now, I am holding my statement on how Chevrolet Philippines aftersales fair. I will post my feedback on aftersales, after my concern is finish. Tentative would be next week.

Manufacturers defect can happen to any vehicles, but how the company takes care of it is very important. Let us see if the new management of Chevrolet Philippines (TCCI) has actually improved in taking care of their customers in terms of aftersales.

Regarding resale value: Any new manufacturer new to the Philippines would always have low resale. It's how it does in the Philippines would change the value. For example, Hyundai came here years back, their cars sucks bigtime, resale value is really bad. But perception change with new and better models, now, their resale is getting better. Chevrolet and Ford are also in this boat. Sooner or later, they will have better resale value if they continue to bring in good looking models with good reliability.

HTH.
    I'll wait for your feedback on after sales. Thank you. Somehow it enlightens me on the things i need to consider first before buying a Chevy, but even so, i still can't decide if i'll pursue on this one. waaaaaa!!! haha

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    *rodmac Decided na kami with the Honda Civic, dream car ng dad ko yun since 2006

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rodmac View Post
    Hi, thank you for bringing up other option aside from City and Cruze, greatly appreciated. I'm not a sporty type of person, when it comes to car. That's why I didn't consider Jazz as an option for me. To be honest, I really love the interior of Cruze, that's why I'm having trouble to decide which is which.

Not sporty, extra power for maneuvering or overtaking. It is handy when you have that option.

Jazz is a more flexible car. Not really sporty but that is one other selling point. The rear storage is much bigger and flexible in what you can carry inside the car.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    *rodmac Decided na kami with the Honda Civic, dream car ng dad ko yun since 2006
    another good car,. I just hoped you waited for the new Civic, sayang ang resale value of the old model style. IMO.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    another good car,. I just hoped you waited for the new Civic, sayang ang resale value of the old model style. IMO.

We want the FD kasi maluwag. The 9th is too small and expensive (if price is calculated)

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    check it out may promo ang chevy!

pag bumili ka ng cruze before feb 28, may libreng 16 gig iPad or 32 gig na iPod Touch!

haha

http://www.motioncars.com/article.php?id=820

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    check it out may promo ang chevy!

pag bumili ka ng cruze before feb 28, may libreng 16 gig iPad or 32 gig na iPod Touch!

haha

http://www.motioncars.com/article.php?id=820
    Correct nga yan sir. They are doing that for the less selling variant of the Cruze. Ang mabenta kasi is Cruze LS A/T or M/T. Yung lower variant L and top of the line LT doesnt sell as much.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Is chevy cruze worth buying?