New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2013
    Hey guys I need your help! Advise please!! I'm trying to purchase a decent car, a 2008 Chevy Aveo from reposessed units of a bank. The problem is it has been stacked, the battery has been drained and the personnel discreetly advised me that the only problem is the fuel pump aside from the battery. because when the car arrived at the garage, it was still in running condition. Having no knowledge at all in cars and stuff like that, I really and badly need help. How much will it cost me for the replacement of this part? Can you please refer me to a good mechanic? Thank you much guys and I will appreciate any feedback.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmmm. imho, why buy that car? siguro naman madami pang choices like a vios, lancer, etc.....

3. Join Date
    May 2013
    its cheap kasi for that model considering yun lang ang aayusin

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Nothing cheap when you have a 2nd hand car that does not have a good supply of surplus or even bnew oem spareparts.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Pag bank repo dapat piliin yung running condition, since pag matagal nang naka tigil yung car mas maraming sira. While the Aveo is ok for the price, pili ka na lang ng running condition or yung kakapasok palang sa warehouse nila.

Pili ka ng iba. Or bring a mechanic along to check the car's condition. Walang nagaalaga ng mga kotse na yan so be wary of any car which has been there a long time, kahit na trusted brand siguradong may sira na iba yan pag matagal nang naka tengga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk . . . 😄

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama si shibby.... its cheap initially, but it wont be in the long run.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kaya mura kasi hindi nga natakbo.. stay away from that one.. mamaya marami pang problema yan.. don't believe what they tell you..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Sir hindi ka ba nagtataka kung bakit alam ng bank personel na sira ung fuel pump?

at papaano kung hindi pala pump ang sira?

kasi bihira pong masira ang fuel pump..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    being a kimchi car you should be cautious already. being a car that was previously used/abused? be more wary, being that the car is not in running condition, buying it is like playing russian roulette with five rounds in the revolver.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Hello po! Kailangan ko po sana ng tulong niyo.. Huhu.

We bought a second hand Chevrolet Aveo 2011 with 22k mileage.
    Sa kasamaang palad, the fuel consumption is at 4.5km/L. Huhuhu. Sa makati po ako nagtatrabaho pero sa Laguna po umuuwi ng weekends. So 70% city 30% highway driving. Gusto ko na pong umiyak. Hehe. Magagawan pa po kaya ng paraan ito mga sir?

Salamat po!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast