New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 433 of 442 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 4415
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by xcaliber View Post
    Good day to all Tsikoteers!

Just bought a TB LTZ 4x4 from Chevrolet Commonwealth.

When I got the unit home last Saturday I did the usual thorough inspection for a new vehicle and I noticed that the attached spare tire was for a TB LT (Size 16 wheel) and not for an LTZ (Size 18 wheel). Moreover the overall diameter of the spare tire was 2 centimeters shorter than the LTZ spec wheels and tires. I called Commonwealth and the short answer was this was normal so as to indicate that the said wheel is a spare. I was surprised with this answer as our other vehicles (Civic FD and Strada) had the same wheels and spares. For those who bought an LTZ is your spare wheel-tire of same spec as those attached on the outside (18 inchers) or different?

Will appreciate your feedback on this before we prepare a formal letter for submission to the manager of the dealership. Thanks guys!
    the size of the tires on our chevy full size suv is 20 but the spare tire is only16- and only size 16 tires can fit to the tire compartment hahahahahaha- but the suv came with an automatic air pump and a can of tire repair kit in case of it was punctured.(locally bought from chevy phil. cbu north america- all stock even the tires)

by the way the spare tire was like and was shaped like an airplane tire even it's grooves, good thing we were never able to use it, thanks to the quick fix tire sealant and the airpump

that is normal.
    Last edited by victorevolution; September 16th, 2014 at 03:53 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Sorry off topic... Does anyone here know the brand of coils and shocks to replace the harsh ride of a 2014 fortuner G(you can check my post sa toyota/fortuner owners deadma lang sila) I also have a trailblazer FYI good sirs.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jonzjitsu View Post
    Sorry off topic... Does anyone here know the brand of coils and shocks to replace the harsh ride of a 2014 fortuner G(you can check my post sa toyota/fortuner owners deadma lang sila) I also have a trailblazer FYI good sirs.
    try dobinsons suspensions... check mo sir.. post ni ROYCE TAN sa fb

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    di ba kaya ng o sulee? try it first since it's an inexpensive solution... you may risk losing the warranty if you change to an aftermarket part since it's a 2014 model

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    the size of the tires on our chevy full size suv is 20 but the spare tire is only16- and only size 16 tires can fit to the tire compartment hahahahahaha- but the suv came with an automatic air pump and a can of tire repair kit in case of it was punctured.(locally bought from chevy phil. cbu north america- all stock even the tires)

by the way the spare tire was like and was shaped like an airplane tire even it's grooves, good thing we were never able to use it, thanks to the quick fix tire sealant and the airpump

that is normal.
    * victorevolution - Thanks for the reply!

Our initial theory then was that the attached 18 inch LTZ wheels would not fit the spare tire under carriage that's why a 16 inch spare wheel was provided but when we tested it the 18 inchers did fit the spare tire space on the vehicle without rubbing or touching any other part like the exhaust and suspension linkages that are near the spare tire space.

Mga ka-tsikot is your spare the same as the attached wheels? Would just like to request some more feedback so that we can be sure that ours is not just an isolated case. Thanks! :thanx:

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    We have recently purchased an ltx and the spare tire is 16 inches.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    di ba kaya ng o sulee? try it first since it's an inexpensive solution... you may risk losing the warranty if you change to an aftermarket part since it's a 2014 model
    ah eto sir [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVgOQhffU00"]Spring Cushion - YouTube[/ame] pero... I've read somewhere that these things damage your suspensions e?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    try dobinsons suspensions... check mo sir.. post ni ROYCE TAN sa fb
    will do that sir.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ah eto sir Spring Cushion - YouTube pero... I've read somewhere that these things damage your suspensions e?
    those are just rubber thingy, some claims it can damage the suspension but they never showed any evidence or photo proving it...

kung masira man unang masisira siguro yung o sulee kasi rubber lang yan, and kung masira man ang suspension(sa race ship nag post pa nga ng pic na sira yung makina ng auto niya even the svc pump problem of the d4d may photo and even the sua of the montero), in my opinion baka may manufacturing defect, kasi suspensions are made tough pero to be safe pag mag claim ka ng warranty or pag magpapapms ka remove your o sulee

im not a pro. pero i dont think that a rubber thing that helps cushion the spring would negate in the failure of the suspension.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    saw a white trailblazer with no tint. all stock. TOTL yata ito? ganda.

2012 Chevrolet Trailblazer