New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Those are unrealistic fuel economy runs.
    With my 1.5L A/T spin, i could easily achieve 12km/l in combined city & highway driving. No kidding

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Yeah, it maybe fuel efficient but it's like buying that Hyundai matrix some 8 years ago, it's cheap in terms of SRP and FC but it's just not really attractive, and this Spin is even expensive reaching the Sub 1M mark

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fitdrive View Post
    Yeah, it maybe fuel efficient but it's like buying that Hyundai matrix some 8 years ago, it's cheap in terms of SRP and FC but it's just not really attractive, and this Spin is even expensive reaching the Sub 1M mark

Ows? Hindi nga OB? Nagpapatawa ka ba? Lol

Magkaibang category naman ang Matrix at Spin eh. Matrix is a 5 seater compact MPV, Spin is a 7 seater compact MPV. Mas maraming current technology naman si Spin kesa kay Matrix. The gas variant of the Spin is cheaper than its closest competitor, the TOTL 1.5L Avanza G A/T. Diesels will always be more expensive to buy than their gas counterparts

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Nabasa ko na its the diesel Spin that was the most fuel effcient of all the cars and brands represented

Quote Originally Posted by jagrisjr View Post
    Wow.. That's great.. Is it the gas or diesel variant?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Ows? Hindi nga OB? Nagpapatawa ka ba? Lol

Magkaibang category naman ang Matrix at Spin eh. Matrix is a 5 seater compact MPV, Spin is a 7 seater compact MPV. Mas maraming current technology naman si Spin kesa kay Matrix. The gas variant of the Spin is cheaper than its closest competitor, the TOTL 1.5L Avanza G A/T. Diesels will always be more expensive to buy than their gas counterparts
    I think he was just comparing what was the perception with the matrix before and not head to head.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Hello po, posting for my office mate. He got his new spin diesel LS last saturday, and yesterday he brought it to the office for us to see. After office hours he invited us to go to the mall of asia to experience his new toy. We were 7, the tallest is 5'10 sitting at the front and then the rest and myself filled up the back portion. The ride is still comfortable thought given our total weight and the car handled the rough roads very well, felt nothing at all. However, we find the seats not big enough for chubby guys like us and also got our selves a bit of a hard time with the leg room, yet still tolerable. Just want to cut my story short, The question my colleague would like to ask is about the power to climb of spin when fully loaded, Because He just felt there's a significant reduce of power when we were climbing the parking ramp of the mall of asia, is it normal? or is it because the turbo isn't working esp at lower revs reasons pulling seems to gone shy away when needed. Any one had the same experience like we did. Thank you!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivebyWire View Post
    Hello po, posting for my office mate. He got his new spin diesel LS last saturday, and yesterday he brought it to the office for us to see. After office hours he invited us to go to the mall of asia to experience his new toy. We were 7, the tallest is 5'10 sitting at the front and then the rest and myself filled up the back portion. The ride is still comfortable thought given our total weight and the car handled the rough roads very well, felt nothing at all. However, we find the seats not big enough for chubby guys like us and also got our selves a bit of a hard time with the leg room, yet still tolerable. Just want to cut my story short, The question my colleague would like to ask is about the power to climb of spin when fully loaded, Because He just felt there's a significant reduce of power when we were climbing the parking ramp of the mall of asia, is it normal? or is it because the turbo isn't working esp at lower revs reasons pulling seems to gone shy away when needed. Any one had the same experience like we did. Thank you!
    Turbo lag. I assume he has never driven a small displacement turbo engine before. He needs to learn how to work around it, particularly working within the rev zones where the turbo kicks in. It's turbo is a fixed geometry type so the lag is very very evident until the turbo kicks in (around 2000rpm).

Once he manages to learn how to work around the turbo rev range, he'll find out that the power and torque will be more than enough during hill or parking ramp climbs.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by k0mpressor View Post
    Turbo lag. I assume he has never driven a small displacement turbo engine before. He needs to learn how to work around it, particularly working within the rev zones where the turbo kicks in. It's turbo is a fixed geometry type so the lag is very very evident until the turbo kicks in (around 2000rpm).

Once he manages to learn how to work around the turbo rev range, he'll find out that the power and torque will be more than enough during hill or parking ramp climbs.
    I think so sir. I also tried driving the spin, what I noticed is that if you're in a higher gear then you slowed down the torque seems somewhat missing when you try to gas up so you have to downshift right away to regain momentum. But once you hit hard again on the pedal the turbo kicks in fast and the speed was really awesome.. I've told him already your input sir and he'll be playing with the engine until he familiarize it. thanks, sir!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by k0mpressor View Post

I think so sir. I also tried driving the spin, what I noticed is that if you're in a higher gear then you slowed down the torque seems somewhat missing when you try to gas up so you have to downshift right away to regain momentum. But once you hit hard again on the pedal the turbo kicks in fast and the speed was really awesome.. I've told him already your input sir and he'll be playing with the engine until he familiarize it. thanks, sir!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Hello Guys!

Im from Cebu! Just got our 1.5 LTZ AT SPIN yesterday!
    Love the ride! so comfortable