New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I had chance to own an Avanza for three years.
    Now I have a Spin.

If you can grab a copy of Topgear's comparison of the two .....(sorry I forgot which monthly issue it is),
    I pretty much agree with their evaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by psychdelicmervs View Post
    Was able to inspect the Spin in Chevy C5 (owned by Juno). Showroom is not that big compared to Toyota C5.

Good Findings
    > It’s a better looking car than the Avanza (e.g. exterior and interior, aircon vents, dashboard, cubby holes)
    > The rear portion, I thought was awkward but did not seem to be in actual
    > The dashboard lights turn on even without the key (kinda cool)
    > Power Door lock is in the dashboard (kinda cool)

Bad Findings
    > The 2nd row seats cannot slide horizontally (fixed) you can recline it only
    > There is no lever near the driver seat for the gas cover
    > 3rd row seats are not that spacious (though headroom is ok) but Avanza has better 3rd row spacing
    > Door locks are different, it’s the door handle itself
    > The seats are a bit small in the legs, kinda bench-like
    > Need some force for the doors to really close
    > Price is now 20k higher, website pricing is still not updated

2. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Bakit parang kulang ang pagpromote ng chevrolet pinas dito? E based sa mga local reviews mukhang maganda naman.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hello mga sirs.. I am planning to buy a chev spin ltz diesel.. They said it will be no longer available?... Is there any news for that?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jagrisjr View Post
    Hello mga sirs.. I am planning to buy a chev spin ltz diesel.. They said it will be no longer available?... Is there any news for that?

What I hear is their phasing out the Macau Blue color of the Spin. Haven't heard that rumor yet. Nice choice getting the LTZ variant. Our LS variant are bare next to being taxi type. But not bad for a small MPV.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Thank you sir,.. Upto now wala pa rin available na unit dito sa iloilo, May pa ako ngpareserve... 978888 ung prize nila for ltz diesel..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I just read the news CAGI conducting a fuel efficiency run.
    The major car brands was there with their respective representative u, its.
    The course was in Clark International Circuit and was designed to mimic real life situations.
    The Chevrolet Spin, in the test, was the most fuel efficient.
    The Vios, Mirage, Rio, Fiesta Ecoboost were all there.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Wow.. That's great.. Is it the gas or diesel variant?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Those are unrealistic fuel economy runs.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    As gasoline version definitely. No one will pit gas vs diesel in economy runs.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Those are unrealistic fuel economy runs.
    The CAGI fuel economy run tried to simulate in-city running. It was very, very hard. Cars had to accelerate and decelerate several times per lap... holding first or second gear down certain straights (ex: 30 km//h speed limit in one section, but you MUST stay in first gear). And there are two points where you have to come to a complete stop. Drivers were all lottery picked from professional racing drivers. Manufacturers weren't allowed to bring in their hypermiling experts to "game" the run. (As an aside... I didn't drive. I was only there to help set up the course, plan and document. My right foot is too light. )

The fuel economy closely matches what you would see in moderate, flowing stop-and-go traffic. The numbers achieved are very similar to what each car sees.

Perhaps next year, we could use more stop cycles, to better represent heavier traffic, but as it is, the numbers are pretty good at tracking real world economy.

Just hope more manufacturers will see merit in joining these runs, rather than going on more and more ridiculous highway only (sometimes one way) runs with unscientific measurement methods. (they often use calculations based on assumed size of the fuel tank rather than measured total capacity, which is often 10 liters or more greater... we used weight-based calculations to check actual mass of fuel used.)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...