New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi everyone

im seriously contemplating on starting a taxi operator business next year,
    however i consider myself a noob re the ins and outs of a good operator...
    initially siguro im thinking into getting at least 5-7 2nd hand toyota units once familiar na ko sa detalye... for now research and tanung tanong muna

can anyone refer me to a website/poster that can help me with the basics of becoming an operator? saka pati na rin ung mga diskarte sana sa maintenance and possible hassles along the way... id rather kasi invest my money na lang sa business instead of getting a new ride, medyo gipitan na rin kasi sa bansa natin ngayon

any tips will be much appreciated. tyvm

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice thread.

I'm thinking of putting up a taxi business din next year. My uncle who owns the Munich taxis told me na para safe daw, you should start with at least 10 units. Target ko is yung mga 1-2 year old na Vios. Going brand new is going to be very expensive. Let's say 150T matitipid per unit, multiply that by 10 = 1.5M agad ang savings.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    marami na rin bang available franchised-vios units around 150k na for sale?
    mukhang dabest taxi nga tong vios eh, and the taxi business is a very lucrative business talaga basta nahandle lang ng maayos, bawi agad ang puhunan in no time

un nga lang, anhirap magresearch sa net ng info re taxi ownership...
    ok lang ba pre na iemail kita? iv got certain questions sana
    im just scratching the surface kasi and i-assess ko munang maigi bago sumalang

salamat!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As with any business, this has to be quite hands-on and your drivers + overhead management will make or break it IMO. It is true though that for the business to be lucrative, you'll have to maintain a good number of units.

The 1.3 AE111 Corolla seems to be the popular choice now, especially with the LPG-equipped units.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    My bro-in-law had a taxi business that went down. It all depends on your drivers, dapat marunong sila mag alaga kasi everyday na di makakapasada yun taxi mo e wala kang kikitain, plus you have to pay for the repairs. If you can come up with the initial investment to pay for the units then that's better, mahirap yun humiram ka pa ng pera sa bangko then relying on the profit to pay the bank. Maintenance cost yun kalaban since yun driver naman yun nagbabayad sa gas. I think 800 pesos yun boundary for each taxi then the rest goes to the driver. Dipende yun sa kotse kung bago o hindi.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lotur: Wala din ako masyado alam pa dito eh, pareho lang tayo. I'm just scratching the surface din.

Yung boundary ng Corolla (AE111) is around 1,000-1,200 Php. Yung Vios naman 1,200-1,400 Php. For 24 hours yun ha.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hi LOTUR,
    I am also interested on this kind of business, saan ang area mo? Do you already have a garage?

Bry,
    How many units of taxi your uncle have at this time? Who is maintaining all of his units?

I'm planning to have a VIOS as taxi, due to Toyota reliability & maintenance cost.

Thanks!!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by igorbaby View Post
    Hi LOTUR,
    I am also interested on this kind of business, saan ang area mo? Do you already have a garage?

Thanks!!
    Pasig area pre, pero canvassing pa lang
    ive asked around and sabi mura na daw ang brand new sentra ngayon, then LPG ang the best route pa rin.

To tsikoteers:
    Have yet to confirm sa casa eh, pero how much ba deals to get a 2006 Nissan Sentra and Corolla XL as possible taxis? I heard na 60k dp na lang sa Nissan just to catch up to Toyota sales?
    thanks

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    igorbaby: AFAIK he has 50 units. I don't know who's maintaining it now, dati yung isa ko pang uncle pero they had a problem. Mahirap kasi minsan maka-trabaho pag relative, for obvious reasons.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Lotur,
    Taga-Pateros lang ako. Actually, I am just on a project study to this kind of business, and almost 90% I will be on this business. Because I like business na hindi masyado malaki ang kita pero stable ang income.
    Anyway, do you have any idea kung magkano ang boundary ng brand new taxi now?
    I opt to get a brand new Toyota unit with a 1.3 engine, subok ko na kasi ang maintenance cost & reliability ng Toyota. Do you already have an idea in running transport business? Maybe we can discuss partnership, what do you think?

Bry,
    Thanks for your reply, medyo matatag na uncle mo. it,s hard to deal so many drivers i guess!!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Taxi Operator Business 101