New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    How to Control Spending

THE CHALLENGE
    A look at your bank statements and bills reveals that your money is slipping away like sand that slips through your fingers. You have been married for only a short time, and your spending is out of control. Is your spouse to blame? Not so fast! Think as a team, and consider some factors that may have caused both of you to get into this predicament. *

WHY IT HAPPENS
    Adjustment. If you were living at home before you got married, you may be new to the world of paying bills and sharing expenses. It could also be that you and your spouse have different approaches to money. For example, one might be more inclined to spend while the other is more inclined to save. It takes time for a couple to adjust and develop an agreed-upon method of handling money.

Weeds growing around the legs of a married couple
    Like weeds in a garden, debt that is ignored will simply grow—and grow

Procrastination. Jim, now a successful businessman, admits that when he was a newlywed, his poor organizational skills cost him dearly. “Because I delayed paying bills,” he says, “my wife and I ended up spending thousands of dollars in late fees. We ran out of money!”

The “invisible money” trap. It is easy to overspend when you cannot see the money leaving your wallet or purse. That may be the case if you handle most of your transactions by credit or debit card, Internet purchasing, and electronic banking. The lure of easy credit can also make it easy for newlyweds to overspend.

Whatever the cause, money issues can tear at the seams of your marriage. “Most couples report money as a top problem, no matter how much they have,” says the book Fighting for Your Marriage. “Money is a ripe area for conflict.”

WHAT YOU CAN DO
    Resolve to cooperate. Instead of blaming each other, work as a team to bring spending under control. Decide at the outset that you will not allow this issue to drive a wedge between you.—Bible principle: Ephesians 4:32.

Set up a budget. Write down all of your expenses, no matter how small, for a month. That will help you to figure out where your money is going and to identify any unnecessary expenditures. “You have to stop the bleeding,” says Jim, quoted earlier. “That’s a saying in medicine and in business.”

Make a list of your necessary expenses, including food, clothing, rent or mortgage, car payments, and the like. Put a ‘price tag’ next to each category, projecting how much it will cost you within a given time, perhaps a month.—Bible principle: Luke 14:28.

“The borrower is a slave to the lender.”—Proverbs 22:7
    Allocate funds each month for separate expenses (food, rent, fuel, and so forth). Some do this by putting cash in envelopes, one for each expense category. * If an envelope becomes depleted, they will either stop spending in that category or transfer money from another envelope.

Rethink your view of possessions. Happiness does not depend on having the latest things. After all, Jesus said: “Even when a person has an abundance, his life does not result from the things he possesses.” (Luke 12:15) Often, your spending habits indicate whether you believe those words.—Bible principle: 1 Timothy 6:8.

Make adjustments. “Things like cable TV and going out to eat may sound affordable at first, but they can hurt financially in the long run,” says Aaron, who has been married for two years. “We had to learn to say no to some things in order to live within our means.”

Source: How to Control Spending | Help for the Family
    How to Control Spending | Help for the Family

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Me and my wife use an expense manager app that we share and access remotely through the cloud. We set up budgets and record expenses down to the very details. We both can see where the money went and has visibility of the cash balance in the bank and on hand as well as the total investments and debts that we have. Simple but effective.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Simplest and most cost effective is called self-control and discipline.

NOT Income less Expenses = Savings

BUT Income less Savings = Expenses

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    We use the 40% saving method.

Kahit anong mangyari pagkakasyahin namin ang 60% of our money.

Kung may natira dun na namin kukunin ang pangluho namin.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^That would be a good option too. But what you are doing with the 40% is really what matters.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I control spending by staying at home When you go out kasi puro labas ang pera.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    nowadays people can still spend money unnecessarily even while at home -- online shopping

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    nowadays people can still spend money unnecessarily even while at home -- online shopping
    Yeah! Dati my whole salary was always wiped out and did not know where my money was going, then I computed my online spending and I found the culprit! Amazon is evil I can control my online spending now.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I try to live with just half my salary, by having the mindset that it's all I have..

Pero minsan nakakatempt din. This month overspend ako cuz I bought a laptop for my sister kasi college na siya. Ipon ipon nalang ulit..

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    1. identify the items you wish to purchase.
    2. post mo sa tsikot ung price at para saan mo gagamitin
    3. read mo comments ng mga tsikot members

siguro naman mawawala na ang impulse buying mo pag nagawa mo ito

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast