New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I've been surfing the net to get any information on how to become a credit card merchant but I was so unfortunate to get any information.

I'm helping a friend who has a business and he wants to accept credit card payment but we have no idea on who and where to go. how to apply, what are the requirements.

please help. Your inputs will be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by wrcastro_ph; July 15th, 2008 at 03:24 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    +1 on this. I'm also looking for "how-to's", also for a friend.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    +1 on this. I'm also looking for "how-to's", also for a friend.
    sana nga sir me makatulong na forumer.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wrcastro_ph View Post
    I've been surfing the net to get any information on how to become a credit card merchant but I was so unfortunate to get any information.

I'm helping a friend who has a business and he wants to accept credit card payment but we have no idea on who and where to go. how to apply, what are the requirements.

please help. Your inputs will be highly appreciated.
    banks have their merchants department who can help you with that. i would suggest that you approach Citibank who can provide you with the terminal for visa and mc.

to site an example on my former company, since i was the one in charge of implementing a credit card payment, i approach bankard. they provided me with the terminal which can accept Visa and MCs.

i think the requirements are the usual SEC/Business Permits/TIN/Historical Financial Statements.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i got my terminal through epcib now bdo, i just called the bank, applied for a merchant and they send in some papers that i need to sign and a month later then delivered and installed the machine.

yup its handy indeed, however the bank will deduct a certain percentage from the total purchase of your client.

the bank will need your TIN, business permit, sec if applicable, i think it is also a must to open an account with them.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post
    i got my terminal through epcib now bdo, i just called the bank, applied for a merchant and they send in some papers that i need to sign and a month later then delivered and installed the machine.

yup its handy indeed, however the bank will deduct a certain percentage from the total purchase of your client.

the bank will need your TIN, business permit, sec if applicable, i think it is also a must to open an account with them.
    Thanks Cutedoc and ID4. I just talked to the manager of BDO yesterday and he said that they can help with this. You are correct, the bank will deduct a certain percentage in all of our sales using credit card. Nasa BDO din naman ang company account kaya wala na sigurong problem ito.

I will just update all the details once ma finalize na namin.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Hi guys,- I am just curious here. How much typically would a bank deduct from a purchase?

My wild guess is 5% since some merchants then were adding this % during cash (only) sale, if you're using your credit card..... Is this correct? ....

6404:pump:

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Go to American Express Worldwide or check this bank.....

Important:
    Effective from 1st December 2007,Banco de Oro is the licensed card issuer and merchant acquirer for American Express Cards in the Philippines. Changes to the website are currently being undertaken to reflect this.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Hi guys,- I am just curious here. How much typically would a bank deduct from a purchase?

My wild guess is 5% since some merchants then were adding this % during cash (only) sale, if you're using your credit card..... Is this correct? ....

6404:pump:
    bro it depends on the bank. on the average its at the 3-8% per transaction.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    bro it depends on the bank. on the average its at the 3-8% per transaction.
    laki din pala ng sinisingil nilang fee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How to become a credit card merchant ? Visa/master card