New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    finally got around to the "rich dad, poor dad" audiobook that's been w/ me for quite some time now, and i must say, t'was an eye-opener...lines like "if you have to be there, it's not your business, it's your job" or " if it's not making money, it's a liability, not an asset." and it couldn't have been more relevant to us now that we are buying our own place (instead of renting)... i know i could google or buy entrepreneur magazine for info but, i'm assuming that a lot of tsikoteers are successful businessmen (how else can you afford your "toys") so i'd like to get your insights, i'm pretty sure others would find this beneficial.

anyways, so the question is: with a budget of, 100k/200k/300k, what business can one start-up that has more potential/chances than most other businesses to make a profit? of course there are a host of other factors (location, sound business management/practice, etc) but just to help out wannabe entrepreneurs get in the right direction, maybe you could share your thoughts, eh? you may or may not share trade secrets thanks a bunch in advance

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    mall food cart/kiosk franchise..panalo ka sa foot traffic

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    retail (grocery/mini mart)

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    How about computer business? sa 300k budget, ibili mo ng PC yung 200K maybe 8-10 units. remaining 100k gamitin mo sa dp sa stall; phone/dsl line; aircon; permit etc....

napakagandang business nito pag natutunan mo pasikot-sikot, good example is my brother, he'll be opening his 6th branch this month. he started with 3 units yung Cyrix pa sikat na processor nun.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho, the best business are:

1. food business. all people would have to eat. pero yung maliit lang like stalls or kiosks.
    2. services. kung may talent ka like photography, computer repair, teaching na minimal ang capital or laway lang ang puhunan.

yung iba kasi, you need to initially spend a lot (like franchises) and ROI may take a few years. and because business is business, there are several factors that can make or break it. what would happen, if let's say, the business folded? di nawala na yung capital mo. baon ka pa sa utang.

pero depende sa franchises ha? malay mo si theveed eh may balak mag franchise ng big berts? hehehehe.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    online retailing, or maybe ebay store...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    tiger prawns!! tubong lugaw

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor
    tiger prawns!! tubong lugaw
    pls give inputs im interested

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    basically for small businesses you can start on what people will need on a daily basis.. for example.. Rice... you can try openning a small bigasan for around 200k as a start and from then on it will grow slowly but surely for this is one of the many things that people need in everyday living... just my 2 cents...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ^yep people's needs mas safe kesa luxury goods

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
good businesses for: 100k/200k/300k