New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    any of you into this as a business or as a hobby? =)

na curious lang ako...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my dad's farm is partially into suahe and sugpo farming. i think 20% ng land nya is dedicated for this.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    my dad's farm is partially into suahe and sugpo farming. i think 20% ng land nya is dedicated for this.
    Hmm, raising tiger prawn used to be a big deal back in the 80's-90's, but i haven't heard about it recently. Ok pa rin ba ang kita?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    magkano initial capital needed to start this business?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Hmm, raising tiger prawn used to be a big deal back in the 80's-90's, but i haven't heard about it recently. Ok pa rin ba ang kita?
    Okay ang kita... if you get a good harvest. Mahirap mag-sugpo with issues to the environment and water quality.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    puro mainland chinese na nagnenegosyo ng ganyan

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Why are shrimps so expensive? Diba bottom feeder ang shrimp like mussels and pusit which are very cheap. How do you know pala if a shrimp is farm raised o galing dagat?

Nung bata ako pag may buhay na Tilapia, hindi ko pinapaluto, nilalagay ko sa drum ng tubig, kaya lang namamatay din e

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Yes, it still pays huge dividends, as most harvests are being exported. I have friends in Negros that dedicate a portion of their lands to prawn farming (specially those near the coastal areas). The key to brackish water pond culture of black shrimps is good hygiene practices, as a disease outbreak will virtually wipe out current stock.

TS: If you're interested, see this link: SEAFDEC Philippines | Brackishwater pond culture of black tiger shrimp

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok naman.... tsaka mabilis ang turnaround, usually harvests between two to three months.
    each harvest ang pinakamahina is around 250k.
    dapat lang established na yung mga buyers mo.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Yes, it still pays huge dividends, as most harvests are being exported. I have friends in Negros that dedicate a portion of their lands to prawn farming (specially those near the coastal areas). The key to brackish water pond culture of black shrimps is good hygiene practices, as a disease outbreak will virtually wipe out current stock.

TS: If you're interested, see this link: SEAFDEC Philippines | Brackishwater pond culture of black tiger shrimp
    I can attest to this. We have family friends who are into this in Negros and years ago, pollution was a problem. My dad set-up shop in Misamis but the unforeseen problem of natural spring water flowing freely into pond areas pretty much affected the project. One time they had a good stock and a day or so before harvest, the effing bay overflowed onto the ponds for the first time ever and brought the entire stock with it. An acquaintance of a friend took over and grew crabs instead, the last time i heard.

The quality of the shrimp is likewise stringent if it is for export purposes.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast