New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Hi,

I'm planning to have my car installed with car alarm since its old car alarm is already defective. I have power locks though. Relating to it, I was wondering if the following features are already available in the most car alarm brands we have in the market right now:

1. Immobilizer. I'm not sure if I understand an immobilizer correctly, but from what I infer, it is the feature that makes a car immobilized if the door was not opened using the remote of the car alarm. In others words, even though the car door was forcefully opened, the car won't start because the remote was not used.

2. Following no. 1, if a car door was forcefully opened, will the car alarm set off? I mean from the movement of the lock being unlocked and not the vibrations from the car. Do get my point?

3. A bypass switch that will enable the owner to switch off the alarm in cases that the remote breaks down. If the remote breaks down, the owner will definitely have to use the car key to open the door, and still following no. 1, is there a switch that can bypass the immobilizer and let him start the car. But off-course the switch is hidden based on the owner's preference.

Would like to know if these features are all available, especially to the taiwan-made ones. (1.5k to 2.5k pesos).

Your inputs will be very well appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Up ko lang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    No. Buy OEM from the dealer.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    look up Auto page alarms.. you should find what you are looking for in the different models the have..unfortunately Auto paga alarms are price much more than the prices you mentioned.. but its worth it compared to the cheaper ones available..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    look up Auto page alarms.. you should find what you are looking for in the different models the have..unfortunately Auto paga alarms are price much more than the prices you mentioned.. but its worth it compared to the cheaper ones available..
    Even the engine immobilizer? That must come with a chip embedded in the car keys.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    I think the immorbilizer can be done even by using a relay connected to the starter switch that can be triggered on and off by the remote. Well, just my idea.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    double post...

mod infraction na ito..

http://tsikot.com/forums/honda-cars-...ines+Forums%29

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. No. But you do get an ignition kill
    2. Yes, the ignition kill works this way. We test them after installing
    3. Depends on the system. Newer ones can be defeated by cycling the ignition key on and off so there is no need for a hidden switch

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    1. No. But you do get an ignition kill
    2. Yes, the ignition kill works this way. We test them after installing
    3. Depends on the system. Newer ones can be defeated by cycling the ignition key on and off so there is no need for a hidden switch
    For no. 3, if that is possible then the would-be carnapper can do this to make the engine start, right? So it means that newer ones are not so good of a choice. Do you know brands where this workaround is working, so I can avoid them.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There is a code in the number and length of cycles to deter thieves.

But we still install a hidden ignition kill totally separate from the alarm.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast