New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had one installed in one of the vehicles today. It's features (and transmitter) are similar to the more basic models of Autopage. Not the cheapest system on the market at SRP Php1,600.00++ but I chose it for the following reasons:

*Autopage-look trasmitters that do not have tons of plastic chrome or look like spaceships as some Taiwan transmitters do.
    *None of that flashing parklight thing when you open the door so common in Taiwan alarms. Some people like this feature, I don't.
    *The siren sounds like an Autopage and not your neighborhood tricycle or jeepney 'wang-wang'. The arm and disarm chirps are also very European.
    *Separate shock sensor with knob adjustment (no need for a micro screwdriver to adjust sensitivity).

*Anti-carjacking feature (engine disable and alarm triggers if programmed to do so)
    *Password override (no valet switch that everyone knows is just under the dash)
    *Starter disable when system armed (just like in more expensive systems)

For those looking for a system, this might be a good option.

The OEM keyless entry (without alarm) was also not disturbed during this install should there be a wish to revert back to the original system in the future.

The new system also flashes the turn signals (not the park lamps) to make it look like an 'original' security system. You can request the installer to do this.
    Last edited by OTEP; January 2nd, 2009 at 09:19 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Very good find Doc!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    maganda to..saan po kayo nakabili? most of the stores like BLADE ayaw installan ang Mazda 3 ko, mavovoid daw ang warranty?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    +1 sir... san mo nabili this alarm? plan kong magpalagay ng alarm for my Sentra GSX.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got it from my long time (10 years plus) electrician who now freelances in Banawe. His name is Jameson (09215711924). Just tell him, Dr. Rivera referred you to him. He frequents the radiator shop in front of Sogo Banawe (directly in front of the artifical flower shop)

You can also shop around.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pardon if the images are too large.

System during install (siren installed already):

System features:

System components (again, siren not shown):

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I had one installed in one of the vehicles today. It's features (and transmitter) are similar to the more basic models of Autopage. Not the cheapest system on the market at SRP Php1,600.00++ but I chose it for the following reasons:

*Autopage-look trasmitters that do not have tons of plastic chrome or look like spaceships as some Taiwan transmitters do.
    *None of that flashing parklight thing when you open the door so common in Taiwan alarms. Some people like this feature, I don't.
    *The siren sounds like an Autopage and not your neighborhood tricycle or jeepney 'wang-wang'. The arm and disarm chirps are also very European.
    *Separate shock sensor with knob adjustment (no need for a micro screwdriver to adjust sensitivity).

*Anti-carjacking feature (engine disable and alarm triggers if programmed to do so)

*Password override (no valet switch that everyone knows is just under the dash)

*Starter disable when system armed (just like in more expensive systems)

For those looking for a system, this might be a good option.

The OEM keyless entry (without alarm) was also not disturbed during this install should there be a wish to revert back to the original system in the future.

The new system also flashes the turn signals (not the park lamps) to make it look like an 'original' security system. You can request the installer to do this.

ano to? eto ba ung pwede mong patayin yung alarm pag engage na siya incase manual mo binuksan yung door kasi whatever the reason is ayaw gumana ng remote? badtrip kasi minsan ayaw gumana ng remote ko dahil ata sa frequency issues.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup. That's what the manual override is for. Unlike before where there is a switch dangling from underneath the dash, this system uses a password. For obvious reasons, I will refrain from discussing how the password override works. All I can say is you will just need your car key and a good view of the LED warning lamp to override the system.\

I also asked my installer not to install the alarm control unit box under the dashboard. The long wires included means it can be installed in a more discrete place. Some less popular places include, kick panels, behind the center stack (behind the audio/HVAC system), in the passenger side of the dash, etc.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    gano kalayo naman ang range ng trasmitter nito?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not as far as those old Cobra Units (4th floor UST Main Building to the vehicle parked on the then front parking (now its a pedestrian park).

About 3-5 cars away as you approach it on the parking lot. You can reposition the antenna wire to get better range.

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
Budget Special: FORCE Vehicle Security System