New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Hi,

hope I'm right here in this forum, has anybody seen already the new carnavi GPS navigators? I was eyeing on AVT, but they are so expensive, reliable Garmin dealers are not there and now CarNAVi (LINK) is starting in the market.

Saw they are selling unit's starting at P9000. One of my collegues bought one, she's exited. I didn't had a change to check it out and would like to hear other opinions first.

Seems to be the first GPS what can also talk in Tagalog. Anybody here who knows more? Or what's your opinion?

Greetings

Aldrin

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    anyone here using carNavi GPS? they have a philippine distibutor and site. they have full customer support. Phil. maps loaded, can be english or tagalog daw. any reviews? is this a good unit? also has MP3 and Video player. Good buy kaya? it's from 9thou to 14 thou ata. is this basically the same as other china brands? check www.car-navi.ph

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    for me i will buy a in dash navigation system.. check out this if it will fit your car? http://www.autodvdgps.com

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by raquino View Post
    anyone here using carNavi GPS? they have a philippine distibutor and site. they have full customer support. Phil. maps loaded, can be english or tagalog daw. any reviews? is this a good unit? also has MP3 and Video player. Good buy kaya? it's from 9thou to 14 thou ata. is this basically the same as other china brands? check www.car-navi.ph
    hello, wala po bang carnavi users dito? any feedback?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    boss, may feedback na po ba tungkol dito? any reviews/feedback?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    may nagdemo sa akin niyan sa isang mall, medyo sablay navigation... turn right sabi nung navi eh sa actual walang kalye dun. mga 5 routes pinatesting ko, 1 lang yung tumama. yung 4 either hindi nya mahanap or gumagawa ng sariling daan yung navi

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I bought the CarNavi Bluetooth version 2 weeks ago and these are my observations:
    Pros
    -the unit is very configurable, you can set the map to display detailed POIs and street names at your preference zoom level. this allows you to see information several streets or even blocks away while navigating
    -it can give instructions in tagalog which is very handy if you have a driver
    -map can be viewed at several step angles from 90 deg down to almost street level 3D on a track up or north up mode (garmin only allows you to view track up, north up and 3D)
    -it plays mp4 movie from memory card or external player
    -car tracking speed and accuracy when navigating is acceptable
    -vietnam and hongkong maps can be downloaded for free (garmin can use global OSM maps also for free)

Cons
    -colors are not as bright as garmin
    -it takes MORE than 30 mins to acquire satellite fix when navigating although less when stationary. (park first for 20 mins and wait for satellite signal before you move your car which is not good)

So after 3 days of trying different configurations and 2 unit replacements, I decided to return the unit and got my credit transaction reversed. I am now using Garmin Nuvi 205w, for half the price of the CarNavi BT.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by avid View Post
    -it takes MORE than 30 mins to acquire satellite fix when navigating although less when stationary. (park first for 20 mins and wait for satellite signal before you move your car which is not good)
    I don't kow what was wrong with your unit, but we have 3 carnavi's in the household and they all acquire a satellite signal in less than 30 seconds. I compared the routing behavior between carnavi and garmin and carnavi routes are definitly a lot better that those garmin contributor maps. A friend of mine using garmin ends up in Claro M Recto (Divisoria) with his garmin, carnavi knows that you shall not passthere. I think, garmin maps simply dont know where the black spots are in the city. I can recommend carnavi without any doubt, price and performance is best.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    One happy carNavi owner here...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    wala pa bang ibang reviews dito mga sir? compare sa garmin?

carNAVI GPS navigation systems