New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hi. I've been just driving for about 3 years now. I, recently, found an article and a forum talk here that dates back 2002 - 2003 about LTO passing a law about HID, Fog Lamps, Tint, Air Horn, Muffler, etc...

I want to be a responsible driver and I have installed parts like replacing the color orange turn signal with a different color and Xenonworx 6,000K HID headlight.

Are any of these I've installed still illegal at this point of time? I wasn't aware that having an HID would be illegal. It didn't occurred to me since I see some cars now with HID as OEM parts.

Also, does changing the front and back turn signal light illegal? Like from Orange to Blue or Green?

Lastly, are fog lamps allowed now since they've become OEM now in some cars yet LTO banned it before?

I hope someone hear could put a light on my inquiries.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Also, would anyone know where I can find projectors for my Xenon in order that I don't get that burst effect?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    you may retrofit your headlight best option at the moment

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67675

regarding the changing of turn signal or brake light into other color aside amber (turn signal) and red (brakelight) ay illegal, kaya amber ang turn signal at red ang brakelight para mas visible at madaling i-identify. Nasa list ng LTO violation yan

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Really? I even asked the sales staff if it was illegal and they said it was not. Mis informers. I guess, I'll return the original amber light.

Thank you for the link in regards to the projectors though he's place is from Antipolo. I've never been that far. I stay in Q.C. Though, I asked him if it would be possible to meet me at nearest place like Katipunan or Libis.

Would you happen to know anyone else?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomx View Post
    Really? I even asked the sales staff if it was illegal and they said it was not. Mis informers.
    A shop's sales staff has one primary function, to get you to buy.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    It's only garyq I knew who do a good retrofit job on any headlight, even for motorcycle he can do it.

Kung within QC area, I have no idea.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shakatak70 View Post
    It's only garyq I knew who do a good retrofit job on any headlight, even for motorcycle he can do it.

Kung within QC area, I have no idea.

+1. Sama mo na si nighthawk, although di ko pa nakikita bagong gawa niya.

Anyways, kung medyo mahal ang sub to over 30k sayo for the retrofit ( depends on the materials used ) ... you can opt for the bolt-on projectors. Mga 11-14k lang kay xenonoptics. Maganda pa niyan, you can use your current HID bulbs.

Regarding the turn signals, amber nalang, pangit naman ang green or whatever color pag turn signals e.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    pero paano yung bagong ford expeand e-150... alam ko all red tail light nun walang separate amber lens for signal? so pwedeng pagkakitaan ng pulis yun?

pero pansinin nyo mga FX at jeep, either techni-color or defective tail lights, nakakapag registro pa din, at dirin naman pinapansin ng mga lespu.

can't seem to find the exact LTO rules on tail light color.
    Last edited by impulzz; October 30th, 2010 at 11:04 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Ayos lang kung red stock namna yan at approved naman dept of transportation (US) yan... wag lang umiba sa red at amber.

Pag pinara at sinita ka pa ng pulis niyan di siya (pulis) masyadong halata na kokotongan ka.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomx View Post
    Really? I even asked the sales staff if it was illegal and they said it was not. Mis informers. I guess, I'll return the original amber light.

Thank you for the link in regards to the projectors though he's place is from Antipolo. I've never been that far. I stay in Q.C. Though, I asked him if it would be possible to meet me at nearest place like Katipunan or Libis.

Would you happen to know anyone else?

garyq also do home service, ako nga cavite pa dinayo niya

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
LTO Law on Changing Stock Parts (HID, Fog Lamps, Tail Light)